What all does Ford offer in its Lariat?

VR3
VR3 Posts: 28,528
edited July 2006 in Car Audio & Electronics
Yeah, in the current 06 Models... whats the difference between the XLT and Lariat (Supercrew)

I dont like the fact the Lariat cant be had in Silver and it makes you get the bigger engine.

I like the 4.6L

I know the Lariat has the woodgrain dash and all, but thats not worth 2-3,000 lol
- Not Tom ::::::: Any system can play Diana Krall. Only the best can play Limp Bizkit.
Post edited by VR3 on

Comments

• MacLeod
    MacLeod Posts: 14,358
    edited July 2006
    One feature which they offer more than the competition.....recalls. :D
    polkaudio sound quality competitor since 2005
    MECA SQ Rookie of the Year 06 ~ MECA State Champ 06,07,08,11 ~ MECA World Finals 2nd place 06,07,08,09
    08 Car Audio Nationals 1st ~ 07 N Georgia Nationals 1st ~ 06 Carl Casper Nationals 1st ~ USACi 05 Southeast AutumnFest 1st

polkaudio SR6500 --- polkaudio MM1040 x2 -- Pioneer P99 -- Rockford Fosgate P1000X5D
  • audiobliss
    audiobliss Posts: 12,518
    edited July 2006
    MacLeod wrote:
    One feature which they offer more than the competition.....recalls. :D
    Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!

That's great! LOL! :D:D
    Jstas wrote: »
    Simple question. If you had a cool million bucks, what would you do with it?
    Wonder WTF happened to the rest of my money.
    In Use
    PS3, Yamaha CDR-HD1300, Plex, Amazon Fire TV Gen 2
    Pioneer Elite VSX-52, Parasound HCA-1000A
    Klipsch RF-82ii, RC-62ii, RS-42ii, RW-10d
    Epson 8700UB

In Storage
    [Home Audio]
    Rotel RCD-02, Yamaha KX-W900U, Sony ST-S500ES, Denon DP-7F
    Pro-Ject Phono Box MKII, Parasound P/HP-850, ASL Wave 20 monoblocks
    Klipsch RF-35, RB-51ii

[Car Audio]
    Pioneer Premier DEH-P860MP, Memphis 16-MCA3004, Boston Acoustic RC520
  • Toxis
    Toxis Posts: 5,116
    edited July 2006
    They also should guarantee that in 3-5 years, you WILL have transmission problems. My dad has been a ford truck guy for as long as I can remember. He would only keep them between 1.5-2 years because every single one he'd start to notice the tranny going out and would get rid of it. But he never liked the Dodges or Chevy's. Well fast forward 6 trucks later, he just got his first Dodge and won't get rid of it for anything. Even was in an accident to the point the whole front end was damn near ripped off... still won't get rid of it for a new one. All of my family members who used to be ford or chevy guys now own Dodges and rant about them. I'm not a truck guy but if I was... I'll take the one with the horns.
    Never kick a fresh **** on a hot day.

Home Setup: Sony VPL-VW85 Projo, 92" Stewart Firehawk, Pioneer Elite SC-65, PS3, RTi12 fronts, CSi5, FXi6 rears, RTi6 surround backs, RTi4 height, MFW-15 Subwoofer.

Car Setup: OEM Radio, RF 360.2v2, Polk SR6500 quad amped off 4 Xtant 1.1 100w mono amps, Xtant 6.1 to run an eD 13av.2, all Stinger wiring and Raammat deadener.
  • MacLeod
    MacLeod Posts: 14,358
    edited July 2006
    Dodge RULES!
    polkaudio sound quality competitor since 2005
    MECA SQ Rookie of the Year 06 ~ MECA State Champ 06,07,08,11 ~ MECA World Finals 2nd place 06,07,08,09
    08 Car Audio Nationals 1st ~ 07 N Georgia Nationals 1st ~ 06 Carl Casper Nationals 1st ~ USACi 05 Southeast AutumnFest 1st

polkaudio SR6500 --- polkaudio MM1040 x2 -- Pioneer P99 -- Rockford Fosgate P1000X5D
  • exalted512
    exalted512 Posts: 10,735
    edited July 2006
    MacLeod wrote:
    Dodge RULES!
    if youre old, and a woman!
    Music is like candy, you have to get rid of the rappers to enjoy it
  • VR3
    edited July 2006
    I dont like Dodge...

I hear Ford has alot of tranny problems.

I like Toyota, as I have stated in past threads. I dont like Toyotas current interior, but man the 2007 interior in the Tundra looks fantastic...
    - Not Tom ::::::: Any system can play Diana Krall. Only the best can play Limp Bizkit.
  • VR3
    edited July 2006
    2007_Tundra_31.jpg

2007 Tundra Interior ^

toyotatruck_tundra4x4_limitedaccesscab_2006_interior_19_346x270.jpg

2006 Tundra Interior ^

Huge improvement, IMO.

2006 Tundra
    tundra1.jpg

2007 Tundra
    2007_Tundra_121_small.jpg

Yeah, i really like the 2007 Tundra...
  • disneyjoe7
    disneyjoe7 Posts: 11,435
    edited July 2006
    Dodge is better then Ford & Chevy?

I thought Ford was better then Chevy, Chevy was better then Dodge.

Sorry all in all what do I know about domestic brands anymore? I think I'm over owning any of them.

Speakers
    Carver Amazing Fronts
    CS400i Center
    RT800i's Rears
    Sub Paradigm Servo 15

Electronics
    Conrad Johnson PV-5 pre-amp
    Parasound Halo A23
    Pioneer 84TXSi AVR
    Pioneer 79Avi DVD
    Sony CX400 CD changer
    Panasonic 42-PX60U Plasma
    WMC Win7 32bit HD DVR

• exalted512
    edited July 2006
    I used to like dodge, but my dad was the operations superintendent of a electrical company. He did an experiment and bought a few different fords, chevys, and dodges. Although the chevys were more expensive initially, over the period of 2 years they found out that not only were the chevys in better shape, but the total cost of the truck (actual cost, maintenance, etc) was a consistent 2000 less than dodge, and 3000 less than ford!!!! Ford was the cheapest truck to buy too!

After that, I changed my mind, I'll stick with GMC as far as trucks go.
    -Cody
  • VR3
    edited July 2006
    Id be interested to see how Toyota stacks in there.

I was looking at the Interiors of Chevys trucks last night and... I have never seen a blander vehicle in my life. The exterior really defines the truck - boring.

The 2006 Titan and F150 seem to have the best looking interiors. Looks like Toyota is following suit for 2007 as well.
  • VR3
    edited July 2006
    2006 Chevy Silverado Interior...

Nuff said..

chevrolettruck_silverado1500regularcab2wd_worktruckstandardbox_2006_interior_19_346x270.jpg

2006 Ford F150 Interior...

05-interior.jpg

The 1987 Chevy I looked at back in Jan/Feb had about the same exact interior as the 2006 model, maybe a lil less curvy.

The 06 Dodge Ram looks pretty good, maybe a tad bulky...
    06-mega-dash.jpg
  • audiobliss
    edited July 2006
    To be perfectly honest, I prefer the looks of the Chevy's interior over all the other interiors you posted pics of. You should see if you can't see the Chevy's interior in person, maybe sit in one, see if you change your mind at all.

Oh, and the interior defines the truck? I don't think so. The chassis and drivetrain pretty much define a truck. ;)
    In Use
    Epson 8700UB

In Storage
    [Home Audio]
    Klipsch RF-35, RB-51ii

[Car Audio]
  • VR3
    edited July 2006
    If you like bland, Chevy is for you.

I want reliability, looks, and comfort. Assuming Toyota keeps their performance, reliability, and looks (and possibly improving upon them) - I definitely will keep a strong interest in that Tundra.
  • disneyjoe7
    edited July 2006
    Audiobliss,

It's he's age......

He parks more then he drives :D

Speakers
    Carver Amazing Fronts
    CS400i Center
    RT800i's Rears
    Sub Paradigm Servo 15

Electronics
    Parasound Halo A23
    Pioneer 84TXSi AVR
    Pioneer 79Avi DVD
    Sony CX400 CD changer
    WMC Win7 32bit HD DVR

• VR3
    edited July 2006
    Disney...

Say what? Its he's age? Whos age?
  • disneyjoe7
    edited July 2006
    Your's dud but half kidding with you OK?

Speakers
    Carver Amazing Fronts
    CS400i Center
    RT800i's Rears
    Sub Paradigm Servo 15

Electronics
    Parasound Halo A23
    Pioneer 84TXSi AVR
    Pioneer 79Avi DVD
    Sony CX400 CD changer
    WMC Win7 32bit HD DVR

• audiobliss
    edited July 2006
    I'm not trying to be all pro-Chevy or completely biased, but you should see the Chevy interior in person; it might change your mind, it might not. I'm not saying the interior is on par with a Cadillac's (if that even means anything anymore), but I really do like the ergonomics of the Chevy, as well as the placement, functionality, and practicality of all the radio/AC/seat controls, as well. And I don't find it to look 'bland' as much as I do perhaps 'understated'.
    In Use
    Epson 8700UB

In Storage
    [Home Audio]
    Klipsch RF-35, RB-51ii

[Car Audio]
  • VR3
    edited July 2006
    Eh...

Chevy has two things going against them with me.

1) The looks, I hate the exterior and the interior. Except the Z71 - I like the way it looks on the outside, but its not a favorite.

2) The fans. Seriously, I have never met a mass of people that are so annoying. I would never want to be associated with these people, in any way. Seriously, so annoying.
  • audiobliss
    edited July 2006
    Seriously, so annoying.
    Yeah, well I can definitely say your assumptions and unsubstantiated opinions are quite annoying, too.

;)
    In Use
    Epson 8700UB

In Storage
    [Home Audio]
    Klipsch RF-35, RB-51ii

[Car Audio]
  • VR3
    edited July 2006
    Your saying... my opinions on the LOOKS of a vehicle are annoying? Interesting thought you have there. (Makes alot of sense too)...

My opinion of Toyota being reliable isnt really an opinion. Look at the used market.

I dont really have anything against Chevy or Dodge other than the fact I dont really like their looks.

I like Ford, but like Toxis mentioned - Tranny problems. Yak.
  • exalted512
    edited July 2006
    I guess I'm a big fan of bland...

Besides, if you think youll be getting a truck in 2009, the interior is going to look like this:
    universal_int_dashfull_lrg.jpg
    -Cody
  • VR3
    edited July 2006
    Thats looks great.

To bad it says GMC. ;)
  • audiobliss
    edited July 2006
    That does look pretty nifty. Though I don't like the 'floating dash' look; meaning, I wish it tied into the center console like the current dash does.
    In Use
    Epson 8700UB

In Storage
    [Home Audio]
    Klipsch RF-35, RB-51ii

[Car Audio]
  • exalted512
    edited July 2006
    so gmc isnt an option? besides, they look the same, heres the chevy version:
    int_gallery06.jpg
    -Cody
  • VR3
    edited July 2006
    Its a great, classy looking interior..

But the fact remains that I just...dont want to own a Chevy/GMC. It has little to do with the brand when it comes to Chevy/GMC. Its the people that own it.

Blind Allegance (sp) to a mediocre vehicle at best. Makes no sense.

When I say Mediocre, I directly relate Chevy, Dodge, and Ford together.

I gotta say that I am right there with Disneyjoe.

They all seem to be 250,000 mile vehicles. Nothing more, nothing less. Where as Honda and Toyota are 350,000 mile vehicles. Which to me is great.

I dont even like Honda, but Ill admit that build a spectacular vehicle when it comes to operational reliability.
  • brettw22
    brettw22 Posts: 7,624
    edited July 2006
    If you stay away from any car based primarily on other owners and the vehicle is otherwise well built, you're an idiot.

The 2007 Tundra interior looks ok, except for the 6 foot reach to the radio. What they did there was to alter the car's design to having a Passenger Radio Console.........otherwise it looks just OK, even if there are 3 different blocks of color goin on in just the dash.
    comment comment comment comment. bitchy.
  • exalted512
    edited July 2006
    Well not liking a brand because of the ppl that own it is idiotic at best...You say mediocore, I say they are great vehicles.

I personally think the old tundras look like ****, i think the news are a step in the right direction, but still arent all that great. Working at an audio shop, I get in and out of hundreds of vehicles every month. I still havent found an interior in a truck that i like better than my 04 gmc truck. I like simple. I dont like chrome ac vents, i dont like bulky, i dont like feeling 'trapped'. The GMC does that for me.

Besides, toyota is using newer technology, new blocks, basically whole new engines, how do you, or anyone for that matter know what they are capable of? The full size truck market is a new market for most of over-sea auto makers. I'll just stick with my chevy and not be the guinea pig for a potentially bad engine/chassis, especially when its a 30 thousand dollar gamble
    -Cody
  • brettw22
    brettw22 Posts: 7,624
    edited July 2006
    I also don't understand their need to wrap the tail lights so far up around the side. It's less on teh 2007 than it was in the previous year, but it's an ugly back end IMO.
    comment comment comment comment. bitchy.
  • nadams
    nadams Posts: 5,877
    edited July 2006
    Sid- I think this will be your next truck...

tn_med_100_1755.jpg

It has great stereo potential.... but first you'll have to actually make it stereo . Excellent gas milage if you're one who doesn't like to count too high. Rides like brick, drives like one, too.

Has the popular "quasi-tone" paint job, and convenient venting around the bottom of the cab, fenders, and box. It also has a luxurious interior, with a real vinyl bench seat and custom cracked dash (probably the result of an Armor All application in the past)

But I'll be damned if it doesn't still earn its keep around here...

tn_med_100_1896.jpg
    Ludicrous gibs!