RT FX vibration/buzzing

Options
leadfoot
leadfoot Posts: 1
edited July 2006 in Troubleshooting
I've got a set of these speakers which I bought new about six years ago. Recently I've noticed an occassional buzz/vibration from one of them in the loud parts of movies. Removing the speaker cover seemed to fix it but I couldn't see that the cover was fitting any differently to any of the other covers. I swapped the cover with another one and the problem is still there. I have now noticed it to a lesser extent when the cover is removed. Is this a sign the speaker is on its way out? If so would the cover affect it like this? Should I try removing the speaker from the cabinet and swapping it with the one on the other side of the room to see if the problem moves? (Is this easy to do?) Thanks for any help.
Post edited by leadfoot on

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 7,658
    edited July 2006
    Options
    Hello,
    In all likelihood what you are hearing is the result of a damaged mid range driver. The way to determine if this is the cause would be to exchange the non-working driver into the other surround speaker. If the bad sound follows the driver then you know it is the cause. You may telephone us at 1-800-377-7655 for replacement information once you determine if this is the case.
    Regards, Ken