I got some new Car Detailing stuff to try...

2»

Comments

• AsSiMiLaTeD
    AsSiMiLaTeD Posts: 11,725
    edited July 2006
    Zaino is definitely the best. It does take a while to do right though, as it need to be applied in several thin layers. It's actually a polymer, not a traditional wax, so you can't just gob it on like Maguires.

If this is your first time, I'd reccommend the full tratment. Give your car a good wash, then claybar, then some Zaino #2, then wax with that stuff in the little jar that charges the wax, then detail mist, then 3 or 4 alternating layers of wax and detail spray.

I'd allow a full day for the entire process, but that includes downtime for drying between layers of wax.
  • AsSiMiLaTeD
    AsSiMiLaTeD Posts: 11,725
    edited July 2006
    You're right Sid, it'll take a full day to do it right, but it's not like you're actually outside detailing the whole day, alot of that is drying time. Plus Zaino will last alot longer than anything else you use, so you won't be doing it as often.

Having said all the above, I'm actually a Zymol user myself, but that Zymol is a true Carnuba and really has to be applied every month to keep a good layer of wax on. I'm obsessive about my car and clean it every weekend anyway, so the Zymol is the best solution for me. For most people though, if you just want the best shine you can get without having to wax it every month, Zaino is the best deal.
  • VR3
    VR3 Posts: 28,528
    edited July 2006
    New Pics...
    - Not Tom ::::::: Any system can play Diana Krall. Only the best can play Limp Bizkit.
  • PolkThug
    PolkThug Posts: 7,532
    edited July 2006
    Those wheels look greasier than the Colonel's finest.
  • VR3
    edited July 2006
    It definitely has that wet look. Definitely dosnt help that this camera sucks.
    - Not Tom ::::::: Any system can play Diana Krall. Only the best can play Limp Bizkit.
  • PolkThug
    edited July 2006
    I got a free sample of Meguiar's NXT. It gives a slightly smoother surface than using Meguiar's Cleaner Wax. Visually, I didn't really notice a difference.
  • VR3
    edited July 2006
    Well...

Its been - 3 weeks since I used that Nanowax stuff...

A week ago (2 weeks) after I had washed my truck, the finish was still very smooth and still had a nice deep shine to it. Not as deep as at first. But after 2 weeks, it was a good feel and look.

The Meguires I had been using before would of been rough and dull after about 2 weeks.

I am curious to see how it feels and looks tommorow or tonight when I wash it. I havnt decided yet when Im gonna do it.

But Im very impressed with the Nanowax stuff..
  • PolkThug
    edited July 2006
    I am curious to see how it feels and looks tommorow or tonight when I wash it. I havnt decided yet when Im gonna do it.

Don't use soap when you wash it.
  • VR3
    edited July 2006
    Use water and a rag??

I usually use this "Duragloss" car wash stuff...

But straight up water?? hmmm
  • PolkThug
    edited July 2006
    Yep! If you have a nice wax layer, the dirt will come off easily with just water and a rag, and the wax will last longer because there's no soap involved.
  • VR3
    edited July 2006
    Thats possibly the best tip someone has given me yet.

Ill try that. Thanks
  • audiobliss
    audiobliss Posts: 12,518
    edited July 2006
    Well, use one of those microfiber rags, damp. That will do a great job at cleaning up. And if you don't use soap, it *might* not take off the wax.
    Jstas wrote: »
    Simple question. If you had a cool million bucks, what would you do with it?
    Wonder WTF happened to the rest of my money.
    In Use
    PS3, Yamaha CDR-HD1300, Plex, Amazon Fire TV Gen 2
    Pioneer Elite VSX-52, Parasound HCA-1000A
    Klipsch RF-82ii, RC-62ii, RS-42ii, RW-10d
    Epson 8700UB

In Storage
    [Home Audio]
    Rotel RCD-02, Yamaha KX-W900U, Sony ST-S500ES, Denon DP-7F
    Pro-Ject Phono Box MKII, Parasound P/HP-850, ASL Wave 20 monoblocks
    Klipsch RF-35, RB-51ii

[Car Audio]
    Pioneer Premier DEH-P860MP, Memphis 16-MCA3004, Boston Acoustic RC520
  • 1996blackmax
    1996blackmax Posts: 2,436
    edited July 2006
    New Pics...

Truck looks nice, so does the surrounding area :) . I would love to have all those trees around here.
    Alpine: CDA-7949
    Alpine: PXA-H600
    Alpine: CHA-S624, KCA-420i, KCA-410C
    Rainbow: CS 265 Profi Phase Plug / SL 165
    ARC Audio: 4150-XXK / 1500v1-XXK
    JL Audio: 10W6v2 (x2)
    KnuKonceptz
    Second Skin
  • VR3
    edited July 2006
    Thanks and Thanks.

Its very quiet, its a mix between city/country right where Im at. My closest neighbor is about 70 feet... Have a field on one side of my house with a house thrown at the back of the lot and woods on the other side... lol

Very quiet and very little noise most of the time (until I turn on music)... haha

Well after this wash, I had to end up using soap - just way to much crap on the truck, been a while since I washed it. It still beaded adequately - which is great considering how the Meguires acted, yuck. Probally will need to be waxed again next time I washed it. The top of the truck beaded pretty good too, but its back to a faded pink like color...

All in all, Im pretty impressed with the Nanowax, but after it runs out, Ill most likely give yet another brand a try, never know...

The tire shine gel is bad@$$... lol - god I love that stuff, when I stripped it off yesterday with Wesley Bleach White, the tires were still pitch black, not much shine - after 3 weeks. I havnt added anything this entire time and they still looked great. I applied more to them and I guess itll be another 3-4 weeks before I put on another app...