Have a cs245, need mains and surrounds.

jsmp1225
jsmp1225 Posts: 1
edited June 2002 in Speakers
I currently have a cs245 center, not 245i and am looking into upgrading my mains and surrounds. First question: Is it that important to stay with Polk for the mains? I've heard it is so that the tone matches across the front. Next question: Is the 245 drastically different from the 245i? I'm guessing it isn't and that the speakers Polk recommends matching up to it (RT25, RT35) will tonally match the 245. Third question: I have been very happy with the center channel but have been reading some very negative things about Polk in general. I think this is just "audiophiles" rebelling against a well known speaker company even though Polk makes quality products. Am I correct in assuming this or should I maybe start over (new center, mains and subs) with another brand? Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Post edited by jsmp1225 on

Comments

• mantis
    mantis Posts: 17,032
    edited June 2002
    What do your ears tell you when you listen to them??If they cry for better then get better,there a whole world of great speakers out there.Polk is one of them.
    Don't be distracted by others telling you Polk sucks or whatever you heard,they make good quality speakers at a really great price.
    But your ears will tell if they are still for you.
    Dan
    My personal quest is to save to world of bad audio, one thread at a time.
  • OrangeToupee
    OrangeToupee Posts: 488
    edited June 2002
    The CS245 is a really nice center speaker, and if it's a home theater you're after, then Polk will do very nicely for you. I'm thinking RT600's for Mains and F/X300's for surround; mix in a decent sub and you've got an excellent 5.1 home theater.