my system doesnt work!?!?!

Options
eatsleepplayscc
eatsleepplayscc Posts: 27
edited June 2006 in Troubleshooting
On the hottest day of the year in the Texas heat, my subwoofers' amp turns off. It was like 101 degrees F today. I had been listenin to my music with my subwoofers bumping for about 5 minutes, when I noticed my subwoofers stopped bumpin. My speakers are not amped, so they continued to play with no problem. I pulled over, and turned my car off. I put my back seats down, so that I could see my amp's lights as i turned it back on. When i turned the ignition, the amp's thermal red light turned on for half a second, and then turned off. I wasn't sure if my amp was telling me that it was simply temporarily too hot at the time, or if my amp was permanently damaged. It's been only 2 hours since it's happened, and I haven't played my system since. Is my amp completely messed up, or is it just too hot right now?
Post edited by eatsleepplayscc on

Comments

• F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,806
    edited June 2006
    Options
    You might want to try your question in the "On The Move" section below.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• madmax
    madmax Posts: 12,434
    edited June 2006
    Options
    I had some amps that used to do that in my trunk. Amps were fine, just shut off because of the heat. Maybe a 12v fan blowing across it would do the trick of keeping it from happening again, it did for me.
    madmax
    Vinyl, the final frontier...

Avantgarde horns, 300b tubes, thats the kinda crap I want... :D
  • eatsleepplayscc
    eatsleepplayscc Posts: 27
    edited June 2006
    Options
    nah that didnt help, i tried playin my music late last nite, when the temperature was about 75-80, and the amp was cool to the touch... still the thermal light turns on then off when i start the ignition on my car... I'll try a new thread in the "On The Move" section, please help me out here