Advice Needed: SR6500 and JL Audio Amp

13»

Comments

• Greg Peters
    Greg Peters Posts: 605
    edited June 2006
    tigmd99 wrote:

And quite frankly, i only got defensive of my JL amp because of the bias ELITEST attitude of some forum members. And i am not particularly impress with the lack of facts to back up their opinions.

And since some of you have misread my posts, let me remind you that i did NOT compare Polk to Hyundai or Kia. I was using the example to talk about the differences in warranty. Please do not put words into my mouth. That is a cheap way to argue.

Lastly, even if you take RIPS out of the equation, the Slash amps are equal to or better than the Carbon amps in all measurable specs.:)

I guess my previous post was a thinly veiled attempt at saying "drop it, enough already", but it didn't take. Oh well...
  • 1996blackmax
    1996blackmax Posts: 2,436
    edited June 2006
    tigmd99 wrote:
    There is no reason to rag on it to make yourself feel better about your purchase of the Carbon amps.:rolleyes:

I do not own Carbon Series amps.

tigmd99 wrote:

If i was an elitest, then why am i here?? I would be getting Rainbow or MB Q216 speakers, right?

Owning Rainbow products does not make you an elitest ;).

Just get the SR's and run them with your amp as I had said. I think you will be more than satisfied....
    Alpine: CDA-7949
    Alpine: PXA-H600
    Alpine: CHA-S624, KCA-420i, KCA-410C
    Rainbow: CS 265 Profi Phase Plug / SL 165
    ARC Audio: 4150-XXK / 1500v1-XXK
    JL Audio: 10W6v2 (x2)
    KnuKonceptz
    Second Skin
  • tigmd99
    tigmd99 Posts: 50
    edited June 2006
    MacLeod wrote:
    Not at all. Think of it like this. Music doesnt play at the same volume or intensity all the time. Sometimes you have quiet parts like a soft violin then the next second you could have a loud part like a cymbal crash. An amp that is fully regulate wont have much "wiggle room" between the really soft parts and the really dynamic parts.

Granted Im splitting hairs here because the difference will be very small.

So we're not more biased towards Polk than you are towards JL.

Hmmm, can you give me more technical details to back up what you are saying or are you just blowing smoke??!! So, again, let me ask you...97 watts/channel is not enough? From where i am seating, JL Audio does NOT limit the upper limit of it's power production...and nowhere does it say that it regulates the music production. Talk to me more about the technical stuff since you're a Polk Guru and all.

And if you're saying all this, then why doesn't ANY of the reviewers ever mentioned this "deficit" of JL Slash amps??!! Oh wait, Cody said that JL is paying these reviewers.:D

It's interesting...i never considered myself JL Audio fan. ****, this is the first thing that i have ever had from JL. I used to have Xtant 404m, MB Quarts, Infinitys, etc...but never a JL product until recently. And i only bought an amp. In fact, i gave up on car audio stuff long time ago because i had no need for it. Only when i got my Corolla did i start to read up on the new stuff. If i was a JL fan, then i would have gotten the JL speakers, right??!!

I am defending my amp only because of the totally ridiculous bias assumptions from some members on this forum. I came here looking for educated advice on speakers. Then, out of nowhere, you guys come crashing down on my other stuff!! WTF?!

Well, thanks for the first few posts...it was informative and helpful. I hope that you treat the other new members with an open mind and not this garbage bias stuff.
  • MacLeod
    MacLeod Posts: 14,358
    edited June 2006
    You know what, stick it up your ****!

Im trying to discuss this with you and you keep popping off and giving attitude! Since all youre obviously interested in is fighting and causing problems, you should just move on to another forum cause that crap is not welcome here.
    polkaudio sound quality competitor since 2005
    MECA SQ Rookie of the Year 06 ~ MECA State Champ 06,07,08,11 ~ MECA World Finals 2nd place 06,07,08,09
    08 Car Audio Nationals 1st ~ 07 N Georgia Nationals 1st ~ 06 Carl Casper Nationals 1st ~ USACi 05 Southeast AutumnFest 1st

polkaudio SR6500 --- polkaudio MM1040 x2 -- Pioneer P99 -- Rockford Fosgate P1000X5D
  • 1996blackmax
    edited June 2006
    tigmd99 wrote:
    Hmmm, can you give me more technical details to back up what you are saying or are you just blowing smoke??!! So, again, let me ask you...97 watts/channel is not enough? From where i am seating, JL Audio does NOT limit the upper limit of it's power production...and nowhere does it say that it regulates the music production. Talk to me more about the technical stuff since you're a Polk Guru and all.

And if you're saying all this, then why doesn't ANY of the reviewers ever mentioned this "deficit" of JL Slash amps??!! Oh wait, Cody said that JL is paying these reviewers.:D

It's interesting...i never considered myself JL Audio fan. ****, this is the first thing that i have ever had from JL. I used to have Xtant 404m, MB Quarts, Infinitys, etc...but never a JL product until recently. And i only bought an amp. In fact, i gave up on car audio stuff long time ago because i had no need for it. Only when i got my Corolla did i start to read up on the new stuff. If i was a JL fan, then i would have gotten the JL speakers, right??!!

I am defending my amp only because of the totally ridiculous bias assumptions from some members on this forum. I came here looking for educated advice on speakers. Then, out of nowhere, you guys come crashing down on my other stuff!! WTF?!

Well, thanks for the first few posts...it was informative and helpful. I hope that you treat the other new members with an open mind and not this garbage bias stuff.

If you want to ask questions, that's cool. We are here to learn, and share information.

Might be beneficial to leave the sarcasm out.......
    KnuKonceptz
    Second Skin
  • tigmd99
    edited June 2006
    MacLeod wrote:
    You know what, stick it up your ****!

Im trying to discuss this with you and you keep popping off and giving attitude! Since all youre obviously interested in is fighting and causing problems, you should just move on to another forum cause that crap is not welcome here.

****...i call ****. Cheap way out, Polk Guru. Weak.

What is that saying that you Americans have, "Pot calling the kettle black":D

I am giving you a chance to back up what you're saying...what attitude? I am giving you exactly what you guys gave me. If you can't handle it, then turn your computer OFF.
  • tigmd99
    edited June 2006
    If you want to ask questions, that's cool. We are here to learn, and share information.

Might be beneficial to leave the sarcasm out.......

Dude, that was what i was doing until sarcasm and ignorance came out from hiding.:confused: I am just defending.
  • 1996blackmax
    edited June 2006
    We told you that your amp and speaker combo would work together fine.

Everyone needs to calm down.....
    KnuKonceptz
    Second Skin
  • cam5860
    cam5860 Posts: 632
    edited June 2006
    First off man if you want to know about products you need to read reviews from people that have bought the product.

Like instead of coming in here discussing your plans just read the reviews on the sr's at the polk audio product site.

Really I get tired of hearing about peoples plans just do what the hell you want and move on there's nothing to prove here.
  • tigmd99
    edited June 2006
    cam5860 wrote:
    First off man if you want to know about products you need to read reviews from people that have bought the product.

Like instead of coming in here discussing your plans just read the reviews on the sr's at the polk audio product site.

Really I get tired of hearing about peoples plans just do what the hell you want and move on there's nothing to prove here.

Oh, then why are you on this forum? Isn't this forum for answering questions about Polk products?? Didn't i do that at the beginning of this thread?

BTW, those consumer reviews did not answer my specific questions. And didn't Cody make fun of these consumer reviews??:rolleyes:

It's funny...you guys love to slam other products and act all-knowing, but when the tables are turned, you guys **** and whine like little menstruating school girls. Geez.
  • 1996blackmax
    edited June 2006
    I hope you are not referring to everyone here with your last comment...
    KnuKonceptz
    Second Skin
  • cam5860
    edited June 2006
    First off it's stupid as hell to base your decision on what other people say to start out with. Second off if we are so ignorant and so forth why are you still here arguing with us like a little ****. Grow up and move on son.

By the way your question was a stupid **** question too. ( will a jl audio 300.4 be enough power for the sr's). Thats common sense man do some thinking for yourself instead of depending on everyone else to answer your questions.
  • tigmd99
    edited June 2006
    cam5860 wrote:
    First off it's stupid as hell to base your decision on what other people say to start out with. Second off if we are so ignorant and so forth why are you still here arguing with us like a little ****. Grow up and move on son.

Then what the hell is this forum for??

As for your second point, frankly, you guys deserve it after the treatment i got.

As for last paragraph, was it really a bad question?? Members here answered it well and thought that it was a good question...go back to page 1 and read it. The fact that you're taking the low road now and insulting my first post shows a lot about your bitching immature ways.
  • cam5860
    edited June 2006
    Hey all I am saying is drop it and move onto another thread enough said.
  • exalted512
    exalted512 Posts: 10,735
    edited June 2006
    You guys should try it too
    531337_309_full.jpg
    -Cody
    Music is like candy, you have to get rid of the rappers to enjoy it
  • MacLeod
    MacLeod Posts: 14,358
    edited June 2006
    tigmd99 wrote:
    ****...i call ****. Cheap way out, Polk Guru. Weak.

What is that saying that you Americans have, "Pot calling the kettle black":D

I am giving you a chance to back up what you're saying...what attitude? I am giving you exactly what you guys gave me. If you can't handle it, then turn your computer OFF.

You bore me. sleeping-smiley-015.gif

Welcome to my ignore list.
    polkaudio sound quality competitor since 2005
    MECA SQ Rookie of the Year 06 ~ MECA State Champ 06,07,08,11 ~ MECA World Finals 2nd place 06,07,08,09
    08 Car Audio Nationals 1st ~ 07 N Georgia Nationals 1st ~ 06 Carl Casper Nationals 1st ~ USACi 05 Southeast AutumnFest 1st

polkaudio SR6500 --- polkaudio MM1040 x2 -- Pioneer P99 -- Rockford Fosgate P1000X5D
  • tigmd99
    edited June 2006
    Oh No! Not the Ignore list!!:(

It's funny...when i ask you to back up your ramblings, you crawl back into your shell. Advice: Don't spout off BS unless you can back it up. "Polk Guru" my ****.
  • tigmd99
    edited June 2006
    Who posted this:

"First, its totally regulated so you get 75x4 at everything from 11-14 volts and 1-4 ohms.

Second, they have a great crossover. Both front and back have continually adjustable x-overs from 50-5500 Hz. The Polk has this also I believe.

Third, low distortion and very high signal to noise. Carsound reviewed one of these and it put out a 121 db SNR. Thats pretty awesome!

Bottom line: You wont go wrong with any of these so it boils down to which looks the coolest, has the features you want and so on. I myself would take the JL 300/4 in a heartbeat."

Yup, this was posted by MacLeod on another thread (Carbon 400.4 vs. JL 300/4)!! Interesting how he trashes the JL amp on the very things that he has praised in the past!! Talking about being full of it!

This is a typical case of "passive aggressive" behavior.
  • tigmd99
    edited June 2006
    A few quotes from MacLeod about JL Slash 300/4 in other threads:

"Then I fired up the JL Audio 300/4. Man! Ive got to have one!!! This thing sounded awesome!! It wasnt as loud as the Kicker but was so much sweeter sounding. It made the guitart sound heavy as hell and the drums you could feel in your gut. It had a much warmer sound and feel to it."

"And sound room or not, I just fell in love with the JL 300/4 Slash series amp. I was originally going to upgrade my speakers first but I think Im gonna have to get me one of these babies."

"Although its going to be pricey and for a little less than te $500 Polk amp you can get a JL Audio 300/4 that is also 75x4 and has a beter x-over and goes for around $475."

"Well I went to Tweeter again today and they finally have the MMC6500 in. So I went out and grabbed my trusty Dream Theater test CD, fired up the JL Audio 300/4 for 75 super clean watts per channel and gave a listen."

"Yeah, Cody would take Polk amps over JL amps any day......unfortunately most SQ competitors, judges and magazine editors disagree with him."

Hmmm...not the same person who criticized my JL amp above, is it??;) Hmmm, he even uses the JL 300/4 amp as his "reference" amp to test out speakers. Why would he do this if this amp has soooo much limitations like what he listed above?? Very interesting, isn't it??:)

Can i call **** again?!;)
  • Thom
    Thom Posts: 723
    edited June 2006
    tigmd99 wrote:
    Why would the Polk 400.4 sound better than JL Audio 300/4??

My Infinity Reference speaker is at the bottom end...it does NOT have metal tweets. It has a soft-dome which i prefer.

It wouldn't. Hence the smiley face. It's this new thing called a joke. :D
  • Thom
    Thom Posts: 723
    edited June 2006
    Damn Tig, take it easy. I know it's hard to read sarcasm, or to know if someone's just messing with you. JL makes good stuff, not everyone is a fan, what do you care? You **** about everyone being biased towards Polk (and we're on a Polk forum, what a surprise!), yet you're spending quite a bit of time trying to convince everyone how great your amp is. And how much Polk sucks in comparison. C'mon, you don't see why people are giving you a hard time?

And Zapco's the best, anyway... ;)
This discussion has been closed.