CS2 has no highs and dome is pushed in???

Options
DarkHelmet22
DarkHelmet22 Posts: 5
edited May 2006 in Troubleshooting
I was watching a movie and I noticed that my center was sounding like crap i could hear everything but high. There is no crisp to any movie I watch and I can barley hear the people talking. When I took off the cover I saw the dome on the tweeter was pushed in. I dont know how it happened this is first time I have had the cover off. I just bought the speaker 2 weeks ago and I am going to try to exchange it for a new one in the next couple of days. Any input would be nice.

Thanks
Alex
Post edited by DarkHelmet22 on

Comments

• Dennis Gardner
    Dennis Gardner Posts: 4,860
    edited May 2006
    Options
    Could easily have happened if the speaker was ever a demo model. Tweeters have always been like a magnet for peoples fingers, who knows why.
    HT Optoma HD25 LV on 80" DIY Screen, Anthem MRX 300 Receiver, Pioneer Elite BDP 51FD Polk CS350LS, Polk SDA1C, Polk FX300, Polk RT55, Dual EBS Adire Shiva 320watt tuned to 17hz, ICs-DIY Twisted Prs, Speaker-Raymond Cable

2 Channel Thorens TD 318 Grado ZF1, SACD/CD Marantz 8260, Soundstream/Krell DAC1, Audio Mirror PP1, Odyssey Stratos, ADS L-1290, ICs-DIY Twisted , Speaker-Raymond Cable
  • DarkHelmet22
    edited May 2006
    Options
    No this was new in the box when I bought it.
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,834
    edited May 2006
    Options
    Have you pissed off the wife lately?
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• DarkHelmet22
    edited May 2006
    Options
    No but I like your thinking LOL
  • steveinaz
    steveinaz Posts: 19,522
    edited May 2006
    Options
    Do you have any crumb-snatchers?

I'll never forget the time I mistakenly left my grills off of my Athena towers, one of our lovely guests 3 year old hit the ground running, pushed in all 3 dustcovers, luckily, on the Athena, they popped right back out on their own---talk about panic.
    Source: Bluesound Node 2i - Preamp/DAC: Benchmark DAC2 DX - Amp: Parasound Halo A21 - Speakers: MartinLogan Motion 60XTi - Shop Rig: Yamaha A-S501 Integrated - Shop Spkrs: Elac Debut 2.0 B5.2
  • .Jon
    .Jon Posts: 98
    edited May 2006
    Options
    Wait, can someone please explain to me how the tweeters on polks work. What is that dome round thing? is it just a cover? or is it a essentil part of the tweeter? so if there accedentily touched its not that bad?
    vsnares
  • DarkHelmet22
    edited May 2006
    Options
    no little kids have been at my house. I just wonder if the dome really has anything to do with how it sounds.
  • michael_w
    michael_w Posts: 2,813
    edited May 2006
    Options
    Yes it does and that's probably why it sounds like crap right now. If you can't return it there are a few ways of getting it to pop back out. You can do it with a vacuum cleaner carefully by controlling the suction with your hand, giving it a little mouth to tweeter resuscitation or I belive a small piece of tape works.
  • DarkHelmet22
    edited May 2006
    Options
    well got most of it back out but still sounds like crap. Going to take it back tomarrow. Should just return it and get a def tech center to go with my BP2006s but I did not want to spend $800 on a center.