Post a picture... any picture

Comments

• Viking64
    Viking64 Posts: 6,630
    mhardy6647 wrote: »
    As seen on teh internetz.
    Ok, this is from spring, not fall, but still...

Yesterday morning, I spent an hour staring at my pug puppy wall calendar trying to figure out how to turn it back an hour. :*
  • FestYboy
    FestYboy Posts: 3,861
    joecoulson wrote: »
    New master remodel underway.
    Parts gathering at the moment. Should be pretty pimp
    wyvnzmpsaaix.jpeg

Looks like a perfect spot for a tube integrated between those mirrors. But where are you going to put the TT? Wall mount? :p
  • OleBoot
    OleBoot Posts: 2,053
    mhardy6647 wrote: »
    As seen on teh internetz.
    Ok, this is from spring, not fall, but still...

3610b29cvxfu.png

Wonder how the Druids did it without Land Rovers?
  • Tony M
    Tony M Posts: 11,007
    edited November 2018
    …………………….^^^^^^^^^^
    That right there is a great picture!!! :D

Poster material.
    Most people just listen to music and watch movies. I EXPERIENCE them.
  • OleBoot
    Alien 1: "Lets pile up some big stones in a circle on this little planet, and pop back a 1,000 years later and have a laugh at how they think these morons did this"

Alien 2: "Yeah, then we'll leak the formula for acid and they'll probably dance naked round them. Ark, Ark, Ark."
  • mhardy6647
    mhardy6647 Posts: 32,874
    I/we got rid of so much old office furniture like that from my parents' house (mostly castoffs from my grad school and other places that my father or I had connections with).
  • OleBoot wrote: »

The Druids could do it specifically because they did NOT have Land Rovers. ;)

Sal Palooza
  • OleBoot
    OleBoot wrote: »

You mean they had Jeeps?
  • joecoulson
    joecoulson Posts: 4,943
    edited November 2018
    Battlestation

u8e15jecq7p1.jpeg

Great work john
    Looks right out of Mad Men

Except for the tv of course
  • Clipdat
    Clipdat Posts: 12,526
    Crooked male RCA tips on an Audioquest Carbon digital coaxial cable. Expected better build quality than this on a freaking $200 cable. Kinda ridiculous.

119ybyz7e60a.jpg
    z17focuuc4c8.jpg
  • FestYboy
    FestYboy Posts: 3,861
    Looks like the stranger built them... :#
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,421
    Clipdat wrote: »
    Crooked male RCA tips on an Audioquest Carbon digital coaxial cable. Expected better build quality than this on a freaking $200 cable. Kinda ridiculous.

119ybyz7e60a.jpg
    z17focuuc4c8.jpg

They're excited....stick'em in D hole
  • Clipdat
    I tried them out, it was a super tight fit and felt like it was putting unnecessary stress on the female jack itself as well as possibly the plastic insulator inside the jack. Didn't feel good.

This cable's fitment was unlike any of the other Audioquest RCA cables that I own which are fairly easy on/off, yet reassuringly snug. This didn't feel right and I had to exert higher than normal pressure to plug and unplug it.

I've reached out to the authorized retailer where I purchased the cable and we'll see what they say. I bought them earlier this year though, so there's not really any incentive for them to do anything for me at this point. So, I will most likely have to reach out to Audioquest next.

This is unacceptable for a $200 cable, imo.
  • mhardy6647
    mhardy6647 Posts: 32,874

You mean they had Jeeps?

Broncos, ol' son. Broncos. Real Broncos.
    They got 'em from aliens -- but that's another story.

14803393032_89de782588_b.jpgbronchusspiffed by Mark Hardy, on Flickr
  • verb
    verb Posts: 10,176
    Clipdat wrote: »
    I tried them out, it was a super tight fit and felt like it was putting unnecessary stress on the female jack itself as well as possibly the plastic insulator inside the jack. Didn't feel good.

This cable's fitment was unlike any of the other Audioquest RCA cables that I own which are fairly easy on/off, yet reassuringly snug. This didn't feel right and I had to exert higher than normal pressure to plug and unplug it.

I've reached out to the authorized retailer where I purchased the cable and we'll see what they say. I bought them earlier this year though, so there's not really any incentive for them to do anything for me at this point. So, I will most likely have to reach out to Audioquest next.

This is unacceptable for a $200 cable, imo.

Do they straighten out if you push on it? If not, agreed they would put a lot of radial stress on the female jack. Could lead to problems over the long haul.
    Basement: Polk SDA SRS 1.2tl's, Cary SLP-05 Pre with ultimate upgrade,McIntosh MCD301 CD/SACD player, Northstar Designs Excelsio DAC, Cambridge 851N streamer, McIntosh MC300 Amp, Silnote Morpheus Ref2, Series2 Digital Cables, Silnote Morpheus Ref2 Series2 XLR's, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Pangea Power Cables, MIT Shotgun S3 IC's, MIT Shotgun S1 Bi-Wire speaker cables
    Office: PC, EAR Acute CD Player, EAR 834L Pre, Northstar Designs Intenso DAC, Antique Sound Labs AV8 Monoblocks, Denon UDR-F10 Cassette, Acoustic Technologies Classic FR Speakers, SVS SB12 Plus sub, MIT AVt2 speaker cables, IFI Purifier2, AQ Cinnamon USB cable, Groneberg Quatro Reference IC's
    Spare Room: Dayens Ampino Integrated Amp, Tjoeb 99 tube CD player (modified Marantz CD-38), Analysis Plus Oval 9's, Zu Jumpers, AudioEngine B1 Streamer, Klipsch RB-61 v2, SVS PB1000 sub, Blue Jeans RCA IC's, Shunyata Hydra 8 Power Conditioner
    Living Room: Peachtree Nova Integrated, Cambridge CXN v2 Streamer, Rotel RCD-1072 CD player, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Polk RT265 In Wall Speakers, Polk DSW Pro 660wi sub
    Garage #1: Cambridge Audio 640A Integrated Amp, Project Box-E BT Streamer, Polk Tsi200 Bookies, Douglas Speaker Cables, Shunyata Power Conditioner
    Garage #2: Cambridge Audio EVO150 Integrated Amplifier, Polk L200's, Analysis Plus Silver Oval 2 Speaker Cables, IC's TBD.
  • verb
    Thinking about this, you may be able to bend em back so they are straight. Take the collars off, let's see what they look like under the hood!
    Basement: Polk SDA SRS 1.2tl's, Cary SLP-05 Pre with ultimate upgrade,McIntosh MCD301 CD/SACD player, Northstar Designs Excelsio DAC, Cambridge 851N streamer, McIntosh MC300 Amp, Silnote Morpheus Ref2, Series2 Digital Cables, Silnote Morpheus Ref2 Series2 XLR's, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Pangea Power Cables, MIT Shotgun S3 IC's, MIT Shotgun S1 Bi-Wire speaker cables
    Office: PC, EAR Acute CD Player, EAR 834L Pre, Northstar Designs Intenso DAC, Antique Sound Labs AV8 Monoblocks, Denon UDR-F10 Cassette, Acoustic Technologies Classic FR Speakers, SVS SB12 Plus sub, MIT AVt2 speaker cables, IFI Purifier2, AQ Cinnamon USB cable, Groneberg Quatro Reference IC's
    Spare Room: Dayens Ampino Integrated Amp, Tjoeb 99 tube CD player (modified Marantz CD-38), Analysis Plus Oval 9's, Zu Jumpers, AudioEngine B1 Streamer, Klipsch RB-61 v2, SVS PB1000 sub, Blue Jeans RCA IC's, Shunyata Hydra 8 Power Conditioner
    Living Room: Peachtree Nova Integrated, Cambridge CXN v2 Streamer, Rotel RCD-1072 CD player, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Polk RT265 In Wall Speakers, Polk DSW Pro 660wi sub
    Garage #1: Cambridge Audio 640A Integrated Amp, Project Box-E BT Streamer, Polk Tsi200 Bookies, Douglas Speaker Cables, Shunyata Power Conditioner
    Garage #2: Cambridge Audio EVO150 Integrated Amplifier, Polk L200's, Analysis Plus Silver Oval 2 Speaker Cables, IC's TBD.
  • Clipdat
    verb wrote: »
    Thinking about this, you may be able to bend em back so they are straight. Take the collars off, let's see what they look like under the hood!

They don't straighten out when you push on them. Thought about unscrewing the barrels and trying to see if that would shed light on the situation. But honestly, it shouldn't be my burden to try to fix an obvious quality/manufacturing issue on a $200 cable that should have never left the factory in this condition.

That burden is on the retailer or the manufacturer. Fortunately the retailer has stepped up and offered to swap out the cable with a new one for me. Great, although I'm guessing I'm on the hook for return shipping, which is a bit of a gray area when a product is arguably defective and not as advertised.
  • verb
    Yeah, for sure. Good that the seller will swap em out for you.
  • tonyb
    tonyb Posts: 32,901
    Just had mine fixed, looked worse than yours. My fault though, caught my foot on it while moving stuff around and yanked my AZ Matrix 2's ripping apart one locking rca sleeve and bent the pin substantially.

Robert over at AZ fixed it for a measly 30 bucks. Nice guy....if you can get past the accent. :)
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Acoustic zen Satori speaker cables
    Acoustic zen Matrix 2 IC's
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's
    Audio metallurgy ga-o digital cable

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,666
    cz7kfnjc0yys.jpg
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• EndersShadow
    EndersShadow Posts: 17,517
    F1nut wrote: »
    cz7kfnjc0yys.jpg

Is this a new Koolaid commercial Jesse?
    "....not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted." William Bruce Cameron, Informal Sociology: A Casual Introduction to Sociological Thinking (1963)
  • Hermitism
    Hermitism Posts: 4,190
    Drew, you should pair those crooked RCA cables with your crooked power cables and your crooked audio rack. If anyone gives you crap about nothing being straight, just tell them they are supposed to close their eyes when listening to music. Now all you need are some unlevel leaning speakers.
  • motorhead43026
    motorhead43026 Posts: 3,892
    edited November 2018
    A bloody wave, we all are going to die.
    2 channel: Anthem 225 Integrated amp; Parasound Ztuner; TechnicsTT SL1350; Vincent PHO-8 phono pre; Marantz CD6005 spinner; Polk SDA2BTL's; LAT International speaker cables, ZU Mission IC's and power cables all into a PS Audio Dectet Power center.

Other; M10 series II, M7C's, Hafler XL600 amp, RB-980BX, Parasound HCA-1500 amp , P5 preamp, all in storage. All vintage Polk have had crossover rebuilds and tweeter upgrades.

The best way to predict the future is to invent it.

It is imperative that we recognize that an opinion is not a fact.

Imagine making politics your entire personality.