Would you prefer...

MxStYlEpOlKmAnMxStYlEpOlKmAn Posts: 2,116
edited May 2002 in Speakers
would you prefer a 2 channel system or surround...I have had a bookshelf system before...a jvc...and it sounded great...2 subs and all...its was awesome! BUT I got BORED with it..LOL! Then i sold it and moved to surround...and whoah, WAY WAY WAY WAY more detailed....i'd prefer a surround system over 2 channel...
what would you prefer?
Damn you all, damn you all to hell.......
I promised myself
No more speakers. None. Nada. And then you posted this!!!!
Damn you all! - ATC
Post edited by MxStYlEpOlKmAn on

Comments

• TroyDTroyD Posts: 12,144
    edited May 2002
    I got the HT surround rig and I dig it and all......but my 2ch rig is where it is for me. Any audio dollars that I spend will (from here on out) probably be spent on the mancave rig.

BDT
    I plan for the future. - F1Nut
  • joe logstonjoe logston Posts: 882
    edited May 2002
    to me i like both, it depends on the software i got my set up where i can switch anytime with a push of a button, i have a yamaha rx-v1 reciveri output to two amps a denon poa-2400 for the surounds then i out put the mains to a aragon 24k sp pre amp with a aragon ips (isolated power supply) then to a aragon 4004 mark 2 amp wend i switch to two channel on the yamaha i have the aragon pre amp running the aragon amp its a straight through connection with the yamaha digital volume only in the line, from my sony dv-7000s player. so i got the best of both
    . rt-7 mains
    rt-20p surounds
    cs-400i front center
    cs-350 ls rear center
    2 energy take 5, efects
    2- psw-650 , subs
    1- 15" audiosource sub

lets all go to the next ces.
  • juice21juice21 Posts: 1,866
    edited May 2002
    i dig HT, but i find myself more often listening to 2-channel music for hours on end on my HT set-up, longing after a dedicated 2-channel rig...

look what you guys have done, something else for me to buy... :D
    ...the fOrce is strong with this one.
  • mantismantis Posts: 15,407
    edited May 2002
    I like both very much,
    I couldn't choose just one.Theater is where my heart is most of the time, but music is in my sole.

I want to build a 2 channel system in my office after the new theater is finished.
    I think It will be Dynaudio contour 1.8 or 3.0 running off a Mark Levinston 383 integrated wired with transparent and a cd transport...Maybe a Rotel ,but un desided at this time.
    Dan
    My personal quest is to save to world of bad audio, one thread at a time.
    edited May 2002
    its what ever software you have some sound better in 2 channel that multi-channel some sound so good in multi-channel it is unbeliveable, try this album it is , " sub zero ", the essential chill out collection it haves two disks, it sounds like sh.... on 2 channel ; i run it pro logic inhanced on my yamaha rx-v1 with two amps, and the effects speakers going.
    . rt-7 mains
    rt-20p surounds
    cs-400i front center
    cs-350 ls rear center
    2 energy take 5, efects
    2- psw-650 , subs
    1- 15" audiosource sub

edited May 2002
    here is a 2 channel cd that is out standing sound quality,it will be hard to find,

" avalon "

30 301-2 vantage records
    . rt-7 mains
    rt-20p surounds
    cs-400i front center
    cs-350 ls rear center
    2 energy take 5, efects
    2- psw-650 , subs
    1- 15" audiosource sub