March Madness - Club Polk's Official "ESPN Tournament Challenge" Challenge

Tour2ma
Tour2ma Posts: 10,177
edited February 2007 in The Clubhouse
=============================================

NOTE: This thread was for last year, the 2006 challenge...

I am bumping this thread to alert last year's participants that it is "on" again this year as well as to alert others that may be interested in joining the fray.

I'll start a new, 2007 thread as soon as ESPN's web page is open for bidness. Which, as you can see, is currently not the case : http://games.espn.go.com/tcmen/frontpage

shack-daddy's wearing a big ol' bullseye. . . . Stay sport-smiley-017.gif tuned...

=============================================

March Madness - Club Polk's Official "ESPN Tournament Challenge" Challenge

Welcome fellow CP'ers... This is for forum bragging rights and a possible $10,000 first prize (courtesy of ESPN... not me).

I have set up a 'Private' group for CP. It is imaginatively enough called "Club Polk 1". The password is "Justin".

General info can be found here. You must have an ESPN Account to enter, but no biggie... ESPN does not bombard you with SPAM in my experience or shop your addy around.

Once you are logged in, you can go to the Rules page and click on the Registration link. It's a bit clumsy to work through all five entries using this sequence, but it's the only way I found. We are NOT a "Default Group", so do not bother looking through that list.

It seems easiest to create all five entries and assign them to our group later.

Please inlcude your CP screen name when you label your entries, e.g., Tour2ma 1, Tour2ma 2, etc.

The Club Polk group will start off unlocked, so if you have already created entries, you may move them in here. Once the tourney starts, the group will be locked, so there will be no movement in or out.

Remember you can create up to five entries.

Good Luck and Let's have some fun...

Tour
More later,
Tour...
Vox Copuli
Better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt. - Old English Proverb

"Death doesn't come with a Uhaul." - Dennis Gardner

"It's easy to get lost in price vs performance vs ego vs illusion." - doro
"There is a certain entertainment value in ripping the occaisonal (sic) buttmunch..." - TroyD
Post edited by Tour2ma on

Comments

• ND13
    ND13 Posts: 7,601
    edited March 2006
    I'm a member, but can't locate "Club Polk 1". Does it take some time for it to show after you create the group?
    "SOME PEOPLE CALL ME MAURICE,
    CAUSE I SPEAK OF THE POMPITIOUS OF LOVE"
  • Tour2ma
    edited March 2006
    Noel,
    Not sure about any time lag.

I used the search feature for the group listing that opens after you click on the "Join or Create Group" link, and it took me to it.
    More later,
    Tour...
    Vox Copuli
    Better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt. - Old English Proverb

"There is a certain entertainment value in ripping the occaisonal (sic) buttmunch..." - TroyD
  • Tour2ma
    edited March 2006
    Bump...
    Still time to make your picks.

And it appears that the group name is just "Club Polk"...
    More later,
    Tour...
    Vox Copuli

• dragon1952
    dragon1952 Posts: 4,899
    edited March 2006
    Hey can you delete an entry? There must have been someone else in the ESPN database with my name and my first attempt at joining the group used their entry. :(
    2 channel - Willsenton R8 tube integrated, Holo Audio Spring 3 KTE DAC, audio optimized NUC7i5, Windows 10 Pro/JRiver MC29/Fidelizer Plus 8.7 w/LPS and external SSD drive, PS Audio PerfectWave P3 regenerator, KEF R3 speakers, Rythmik F12SE subwoofer, Audioquest Diamond USB cable, Gabriel Gold IC's, Morrow Audio SP5 speaker cables. Computer - Windows 10/JRiver, Schiit Magni 3+/Modi 3+, Fostex PMO.4n monitors, Sennheiser HD600 headphones
  • opus
    opus Posts: 1,252
    edited March 2006
    Come on Clubbers. Strap it on and fill out a bracket. Times running out.:cool:
    The Flea rig
    Hitachi 50VG825 LCD
    Rotel RSP 1066 (pre) :)-flea market
    B&K St-202 (mains)-flea market
    Carver M 200t (x2) (center and surrounds)-flea market
    Blu-Ray..PS3 (dvd player)
    Polk RTA-11t-flea market
    LsiC, Fxi30's

Dual SVS PC-Utra's (1 port blocked) thanks MikeC78
    Behringer Feedback Destroyer
    -flea market
    AudioAlchemy DDE v1.0 DAC-flea market
    Cambridge Audio Azur 640 CDP-flea market
    Signal Cable and Kimber Kable
  • MrNightly
    MrNightly Posts: 3,370
    edited March 2006
    We can do 5 different brackets?? WOW.

Bring it baby!!
    Honoured to be, an original SOPA founding member
    Stuff...

RTi12's - front
    CSi5 - center
    FXi3's - surrounds
    RTi4's - surrounds
    SVS PB12-NSD/2 - sub :D:D:D
    Denon 3805
    Rotel RB-985 5-Channel Amplifier

• ND13
    edited March 2006
    Got all 5 entered

Oh and I forgot

GO HOGS!!!
  • MrNightly
    edited March 2006
    You had to be that way eh? Fine...

GO CHIEFS!!! :D
    Stuff...

RTi12's - front
    CSi5 - center
    FXi3's - surrounds
    RTi4's - surrounds
    Denon 3805

• Tour2ma
    edited March 2006
    Buckeyes.... baybeee
    dragon1952 wrote:
    Hey can you delete an entry? There must have been someone else in the ESPN database with my name and my first attempt at joining the group used their entry. :(
    Yes, you can, but you'd have to have the right password...
    More later,
    Tour...
    Vox Copuli

• tryrrthg
    tryrrthg Posts: 1,896
    edited March 2006
    Tour2ma wrote:
    Buckeyes.... baybeee
    YES!! GO BUCKS!

Hopefully they can start shooting better. Some of them couldn't hit the ocean the last few games.
    Sony KDL-40V2500 HDTV, Rotel RSX-1067 Receiver, Sony BDP-S550 Blu-ray, Slim Devices Squeezebox, Polk RTi6, CSi3 & R15, DIY sub with Atlas 15
  • shack
    shack Posts: 11,154
    edited March 2006
    I'm just hoping

TENNESSEE

gets to the "Sweet 16". No way they have the horses to go any further but after the basketball wasteland of the last few years that would be a huge accomplishment. And BTW...yes they were overseeded...their early success and RPI helped there...but hey....we'll take it!
    "Just because you’re offended doesn’t mean you’re right." - Ricky Gervais

"For those who believe, no proof is necessary. For those who don't believe, no proof is possible." - Stuart Chase

"Consistency requires you to be as ignorant today as you were a year ago." - Bernard Berenson
  • bobman1235
    bobman1235 Posts: 10,822
    edited March 2006
    Let the workplace productivity plummet!
    If you will it, dude, it is no dream.
  • ND13
    edited March 2006
    Bomb Threat in San Diego. The game is supposed to tip off in 30 minmutes or so and the arena is completely empty while officials inspect a "suspicious" package. It's the Alabama game.
  • bobman1235
    edited March 2006
    BC is scaring me... they're within two right now, with 4 minutes to go. I hvae them going to the Final Four! My other two choices that are currently playing are also losing... great start.
  • jdhdiggs
    jdhdiggs Posts: 4,305
    edited March 2006
    BC's scaring me as well, but my Ok loss looks good right now. Igave up on Seton Hall. Eh, only 1 pt lost on that one. BC would cost 3...
    There is no genuine justice in any scheme of feeding and coddling the loafer whose only ponderable energies are devoted wholly to reproduction. Nine-tenths of the rights he bellows for are really privileges and he does nothing to deserve them. We not only acquired a vast population of morons, we have inculcated all morons, old or young, with the doctrine that the decent and industrious people of the country are bound to support them for all time.-Menkin
  • MrNightly
    edited March 2006
    No way OK is gonna lose... geez... this sucks Ha
    Stuff...

RTi12's - front
    CSi5 - center
    FXi3's - surrounds
    RTi4's - surrounds
    Denon 3805

• bobman1235
    edited March 2006
    BC is officially putting me into heart failure. The worst part is watching it on a ticker at work, not having a TV in front of me. D'OH.
  • jdhdiggs
    edited March 2006
    MrNightly wrote:
    No way OK is gonna lose... geez... this sucks Ha

Gone Final, sorry... Come on BC, you under acheiving bastages... Damn, I have work to do, this SUCKS!!!
    There is no genuine justice in any scheme of feeding and coddling the loafer whose only ponderable energies are devoted wholly to reproduction. Nine-tenths of the rights he bellows for are really privileges and he does nothing to deserve them. We not only acquired a vast population of morons, we have inculcated all morons, old or young, with the doctrine that the decent and industrious people of the country are bound to support them for all time.-Menkin
  • bobman1235
    edited March 2006
    I've been blatantly watching the ticker for the past 45 minutes. FINALLY looks like BC pulled their heads out fo their asses.
  • jdhdiggs
    edited March 2006
    Whew, I forgot I changed my bracket to BC to the final 4... Yikes...
  • Tour2ma
    edited March 2006
    I was blissfully ignorant of the near BC fiasco.... Can't say the same about Tennesee... Whew...
    More later,
    Tour...
    Vox Copuli

• MrNightly
    edited March 2006
    REEEEEDICULOUS... that's all i'm gonna say. I'm hosed. No $10K for me this year. :P
    Stuff...

RTi12's - front
    CSi5 - center
    FXi3's - surrounds
    RTi4's - surrounds
    Denon 3805

• fireshoes
    fireshoes Posts: 3,167
    edited March 2006
    I had Pacific winning so it was a heartbreaker for me. Oh well, I had Montana beating them in the next round. :D
  • bobman1235
    edited March 2006
    fireshoes wrote:
    I had Pacific winning

So YOU'RE the one...

A lot of teams almost getting upset pulling it out in the end. BC narrowly escaping a loss, George Washington barely eked out a win... Gonzaga is barely up with a few seconds left as I type this... hopefully they win, I have htem going to the elite eight (as I'm sur emany do).
  • aaharvel
    aaharvel Posts: 4,489
    edited March 2006
    damn. My team to win it all got upset.

Air Force. You guys disappoint me. :eek:
    H/K Signature 2.1+235
    Jungson MagicBoat II
    Revel Performa M-20
    Velodyne cht-10 sub
    Rega P1 Turntable

"People working at Polk Audio must sit around the office and just laugh their balls off reading many of these comments." -Lush
  • Tour2ma
    edited March 2006
    Despite his angst... :D
    More later,
    Tour...
    Vox Copuli

• opus
    edited March 2006
    Wow, David is smart.:cool:
    The Flea rig
    Hitachi 50VG825 LCD
    Polk RTA-11t-flea market
    LsiC, Fxi30's

-flea market
  • opus
    edited March 2006
    The Opus upset special (at halftime) Come on Bradley send those Jayhawks Home
    The Flea rig
    Hitachi 50VG825 LCD
    Polk RTA-11t-flea market
    LsiC, Fxi30's

-flea market
  • MrNightly
    edited March 2006
    I quit... i'm done... this game SUCKS!!! (Anyone sense a competitive vibe??? me neither.. )

How could KU lose TWO years in a row? I knew I should never bet with my heart... only the head.. only the head david.. walks away in disgust, muttering about stupid freshman...
    Stuff...

RTi12's - front
    CSi5 - center
    FXi3's - surrounds
    RTi4's - surrounds
    Denon 3805

• Dennis Gardner
    Dennis Gardner Posts: 4,861
    edited March 2006
    Worst year I can recall for the Big 12..............
    HT Optoma HD25 LV on 80" DIY Screen, Anthem MRX 300 Receiver, Pioneer Elite BDP 51FD Polk CS350LS, Polk SDA1C, Polk FX300, Polk RT55, Dual EBS Adire Shiva 320watt tuned to 17hz, ICs-DIY Twisted Prs, Speaker-Raymond Cable

2 Channel Thorens TD 318 Grado ZF1, SACD/CD Marantz 8260, Soundstream/Krell DAC1, Audio Mirror PP1, Odyssey Stratos, ADS L-1290, ICs-DIY Twisted , Speaker-Raymond Cable