Denon 3802 / 1082

Handyhaver
Handyhaver Posts: 66
edited May 2002 in Electronics
Could anybody tell me if these are the same receivers??

I have seen a few 1082's on ebay advertising that they are compatable in specs saying this model (1082) is built & sold in department stores only. Also seem to be a little cheaper than the 3802's.

Thanks,
Mark
You can check out any time you like..,
but you can never leave...........
Post edited by Handyhaver on

Comments

• mantis
    mantis Posts: 17,031
    edited May 2002
    where is the 1082 sold???I never heard of it.If it's sold cheaper then the 3802 then there is a reason for it.
    Yamaha strips there htr line for department stores.Denon might do the same.
    Dan
    My personal quest is to save to world of bad audio, one thread at a time.
  • Handyhaver
    Handyhaver Posts: 66
    edited May 2002
    Here's one of the auctions I found. I have never seen a Denon in any department store around here, and all the web sights I've been pricing the 3802, I haven't seen a 1802 listed. Just thought I'de see if anybody has ever heard of it.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1353615033

Thanks again,

Mark
    You can check out any time you like..,
    but you can never leave...........
  • BBUBBA
    BBUBBA Posts: 66
    edited May 2002
    I trhink they are the same , just different market model. I saw the same list price on them. If not it's the 2802
  • shack
    shack Posts: 11,154
    edited May 2002
    They are EXACTLY the same.

Home |Specialty
    Audio |Audio

3802 = 1082
    2802 = 982
    1802 = 882
    1602 = 682

Other than the model# the only difference is in the way they list the power specs. Even though they are again EXACTLY the same specs. For the Home Audio (3802) products they will list the wpc as 110 watts per channel (8 ohms, 20 Hz-20 kHz, <.05%THD) but for the Specialty Audio (1082) the list the wpc as 150 watts per channel (6 ohms, 1 kHz, <.7%THD). This supposedly gives Denon the ability to match the wpc of the competetors in the "mass market" arena since there is a perception that they are a little more generous in their power ratings.

If you want to check this out go to Denon's web site and view the Home Audio products and the Specialty Products pages and compare them.
    "Just because you’re offended doesn’t mean you’re right." - Ricky Gervais

"For those who believe, no proof is necessary. For those who don't believe, no proof is possible." - Stuart Chase

"Consistency requires you to be as ignorant today as you were a year ago." - Bernard Berenson