AMR130 Front Speaker Problems

Options
brackish
brackish Posts: 6
edited February 2006 in Troubleshooting
I am having a problem with my AMR130's since i bought them. I purchased them some time ago but never could diagnose what the problem was because I thought it was my older sound card. I recently purchased a new one and still have the same problems.
The problem i have is that my center speaker fails to work and the subwoofer will not prodice bass unless the center (orange) plug is unplugged from the subwoofer. I get barely any sound from the center speaker as well.
With the orange plug removed i get bass, but obviously no center speaker audio.

Its weird, why would i get no bass with everything plugged in, but removing the orange jack (center) allows the bass to return....
please advise if you can.

Things i have troubleshooted:
1. Changed soundcard from SBLive Xgamer 5.1 to Audigy4
2. Tried substituting plugs (IE=used the black plug as the orange and vice versa)
3. Tried new Drivers with sound cards.
4. Changed Power Strips.
Post edited by brackish on

Comments

• dudeinaroom
    dudeinaroom Posts: 3,609
    edited February 2006
    Options
    In the settings for your sound card that sould let you swap sub, and ceter output. Tha t should do it.
  • brackish
    edited February 2006
    Options
    Ill give it a shot, Im checking the documentation now on that and searching, will keep you posted.
    Thanks

My Sound Card

I cant seem to find the way to change that but i know what you are talking about, the pole settings on the output for the center/subwoofer?
  • brackish
    edited February 2006
    Options
    For the life of me I cant find out how to do this. I ve searched the forums @ creative and here, but cant find anything.
  • dudeinaroom
    edited February 2006
    Options
    have you tried contacting creative customer support?
    I had an audigy gamer that crapped out on me and I will never by another creative product again. They would not replace it with out a date code, I gave them the date code and they did not responde until after the year warrenty was up. But anyways, try contacting them and they can walk you through it step by step. The setting are either in the media center, or the speaker settings, good luck.
  • brackish
    edited February 2006
    Options
    Are there any polk tech that can verify that this is a viable solution? I am still awaiting a response from the Creative techs and/or support forums. It seems odd that one one of the most popular(meaning most availiable) sound cards that i would have to tweak it in this way.
  • brackish
    edited February 2006
    Options
    Okay I think there is something definately wrong with my speakers because When i go ahead and hookup a cd player to each of the three input jacks i only get sound from the black and green jacks(front & rear), I get barely any sound from the center speaker and nothing from the subwoofer. Its very scratchy and faint in the center speaker. This has to be input jack for the center/subwoofer.
    Im gonna go ahead and request a RMA for this product, unless you guys may have an alternate solution.
  • dudeinaroom
    edited February 2006
    Options
    it's not a tweak, some manufatures use the center pin for subs, some use it for center. Thats why 5.1, 6.1, and 7.1 sound cards have that option. **** on my sata cruz sound card I can make just about any jack do what I want.
  • brackish
    edited February 2006
    Options
    Dude, now your making me regret buying this card :)
    this is teh response i got from creative:
    Do you have Bass Redirection enabled?
    The Bass Redirection will allow the subwoofer work with any input audio
    source. Non Creative speakers may not have this option. If not, you can
    use the Base Redirection feature of your Creative soundcard.

Related article:

Title: "Bass Redirection"

http://us.creative.com/support/kb/article.asp?l=3&sid=7991

I tried and used the 135hz crossover frequency that the polk site reccomends but it did nothing...
    still trying and no response from polk after a support email was sent in.
  • dudeinaroom
    edited February 2006
    Options
    In the settings for your sound card that sould let you swap sub, and ceter output. That should do it.

did you try it?