• PoweredByDodge
    PoweredByDodge Posts: 4,185
    edited February 2006
    ahhh... gotcha. well thats cool then :)
    The Artist formerly known as PoweredByDodge
  • MacLeod
    MacLeod Posts: 14,358
    edited February 2006
    Finally! Glad to see you sobered up long enough to get in here and settle all these automotive questions Vin. ;)
    polkaudio sound quality competitor since 2005
    MECA SQ Rookie of the Year 06 ~ MECA State Champ 06,07,08,11 ~ MECA World Finals 2nd place 06,07,08,09
    08 Car Audio Nationals 1st ~ 07 N Georgia Nationals 1st ~ 06 Carl Casper Nationals 1st ~ USACi 05 Southeast AutumnFest 1st

polkaudio SR6500 --- polkaudio MM1040 x2 -- Pioneer P99 -- Rockford Fosgate P1000X5D
  • PoweredByDodge
    edited February 2006
    i've been drinking a lot lately.
  • MacLeod
    edited February 2006
    Yeah, me too. Marriage does that to ya.
    MECA SQ Rookie of the Year 06 ~ MECA State Champ 06,07,08,11 ~ MECA World Finals 2nd place 06,07,08,09
    08 Car Audio Nationals 1st ~ 07 N Georgia Nationals 1st ~ 06 Carl Casper Nationals 1st ~ USACi 05 Southeast AutumnFest 1st

polkaudio SR6500 --- polkaudio MM1040 x2 -- Pioneer P99 -- Rockford Fosgate P1000X5D
  • HiPerf360
    HiPerf360 Posts: 436
    edited February 2006
    Frank Z wrote:
    K&N is the Bose of FIPK's. Don't waste your money. Stick with Purolator or Fram Air-Hog filter in the stock location and you'll be in great shape.

Really?

FRAM???

now thats some good ****!
  • HiPerf360
    edited February 2006
    Leave the truck alone,

You will notice very little improvement in power with a different intake system.
  • audiobliss
    audiobliss Posts: 12,518
    edited February 2006
    I would personally suggest a new intake, headers and exhaust system, lighter pistons and higher compression heads, and a more radical cam.

But, that's just me. :D
    Jstas wrote: »
    Simple question. If you had a cool million bucks, what would you do with it?
    Wonder WTF happened to the rest of my money.
    In Use
    PS3, Yamaha CDR-HD1300, Plex, Amazon Fire TV Gen 2
    Pioneer Elite VSX-52, Parasound HCA-1000A
    Klipsch RF-82ii, RC-62ii, RS-42ii, RW-10d
    Epson 8700UB

In Storage
    [Home Audio]
    Rotel RCD-02, Yamaha KX-W900U, Sony ST-S500ES, Denon DP-7F
    Pro-Ject Phono Box MKII, Parasound P/HP-850, ASL Wave 20 monoblocks
    Klipsch RF-35, RB-51ii

[Car Audio]
    Pioneer Premier DEH-P860MP, Memphis 16-MCA3004, Boston Acoustic RC520
  • MacLeod
    edited February 2006
    Hi Perf is right. Adding a cold air induction crap will add about 3 horsepower and youll never notice it.

I tried a K&N on my beloved Ram and never noticed any difference at all. Now Im back to Purolator air filters and my baby runs just as well as it did before.

• RuSsMaN
    RuSsMaN Posts: 17,987
    edited February 2006
    Check your lips at the door woman. Shake your hips like battleships. Yeah, all the white girls trip when I sing at Sunday service.
  • audiobliss
    audiobliss Posts: 12,518
    edited February 2006
    Roflmreo!!
    Jstas wrote: »
    Simple question. If you had a cool million bucks, what would you do with it?
    Wonder WTF happened to the rest of my money.
    In Use
    PS3, Yamaha CDR-HD1300, Plex, Amazon Fire TV Gen 2
    Pioneer Elite VSX-52, Parasound HCA-1000A
    Klipsch RF-82ii, RC-62ii, RS-42ii, RW-10d
    Epson 8700UB

In Storage
    [Home Audio]
    Rotel RCD-02, Yamaha KX-W900U, Sony ST-S500ES, Denon DP-7F
    Pro-Ject Phono Box MKII, Parasound P/HP-850, ASL Wave 20 monoblocks
    Klipsch RF-35, RB-51ii

[Car Audio]
    Pioneer Premier DEH-P860MP, Memphis 16-MCA3004, Boston Acoustic RC520
  • Frank Z
    Frank Z Posts: 5,860
    edited February 2006
    HiPerf360 wrote:
    Really?

FRAM???

now thats some good ****!
    Yeah, really. Read it again and try to keep up.
    9/11 - WE WILL NEVER FORGET!! (<---<<click)
    2005-06 Club Polk Football Pool Champion!! :D
  • Frank Z
    edited February 2006
  • RuSsMaN
    edited February 2006
    I'm going to check that out Frank. I'm real familar with my truck, both performance and mileage, I've had it long enough for sure, and document each tank.

Love the name, regardless. Is airhog off the shelf stuff I can just go pick up at the parts house, or do I need to order?

Cheers,
    Russ
    Check your lips at the door woman. Shake your hips like battleships. Yeah, all the white girls trip when I sing at Sunday service.
  • Frank Z
    edited February 2006
    I've seen them at a few different autoparts stores... Advance Auto, Checker, etc.
  • RuSsMaN
    edited February 2006
    Ok, I just did the lookup on the site for my truck, and it had friggin 20 some odd filters listed - but only one AirHog designation - so I had to ask.

You got the Cherokee snorkled with one of these?

Cheers,
    Russ
  • Frank Z
    edited February 2006
    No snorkle here...Semi-arrid enviroment. I'm gathering up all of the parts I need to complete my stroker motor (4.0 up to 4.6L). Gonna port and polish the head, port match the intake, jump up to 24lb injectors, bore out the throttle body to 62mm, and add a big-**** bump-stick....then I'll put an AirHog in the stock filter box.

K&N allows way too much fine dust/dirt through. I've seen quite a few intake tubes from their FIPk's coated with it. The price is outrageous too...Better than $300 for a Cherokee.
  • 98thumpin
    98thumpin Posts: 649
    edited February 2006
    wet panties best air filter ive ever used
    John Tyler Birch

home audio system:

Denon avr-1907
    Sony dvd/cd changer 5 disc
    nakamichi BX-100 tape deck
    2 Polk Audio monitor 70's
    Velodyne DPS-12 subwoofer
    RCA TV
    NAK 600 tape deck
    Monster power line conditioning power center
  • PoweredByDodge
    edited February 2006
    if you're keeping the stock airbox / setup... then you're best off to just find a decent paper filter. if you want to save a tree or something and have less garbage, then go ahead and get a reusable K&N, Air-Raid, or Fram or whomever washable filter. It's not going to make a HP / power difference... it's just reusable... hug a tree...

I still believe that a paper element 3" tall 14" diameter filter dish kicks the **** out of most else. .... a hood scoop with a 14" / 3" dish usually is about as close to "perfect" as you can get.

i put a K&N 11" long 6" diameter cone filter on my truck ... but only the filter, not the kit -- filter was 40 bucks i believe... and its washable. reason was I pulled out the stock air system because i needed the room to install the 2nd battery (bought a same year dodge diesel battery tray for passenger side -- voila - 2 batts). so i had the big square box over the motor with the hose coming otu of it going to the air box at the fender... yanked the box, the hose, put the cone filter on the square box over the motor -- done. doubt any performance increase.
  • HiPerf360
    edited February 2006
    Yes K&N air filters increase HP but it depends on the air requirements of your engine.

Frank- I know about the air hog and Fram are some of the cheapest filters on the market and I wouldn’t even think of running anything other that the HP series oil filters but that is a totally different use all together.

If you still have these simple kinds of questions you are not ready to start modifying your truck yet. Just drive it and enjoy; besides ANYTHING with a V-8 probably has plenty of power to get most 16yo's in over their head.