Options
goingganzo
goingganzo Posts: 2,793
edited April 2004 in Music & Movies
harry potter dident go see it had a coppy of it
eyes wide shut- just stupid
glass house just dident like it that much
traning day could not watch more than 1 hour
Dr. Seuss' How the Grinch Stole Christmas the one with jim carey just dident like him as the grinch
Post edited by goingganzo on

Comments

• petrym
    petrym Posts: 1,912
    edited May 2002
    Options
    Iron Eagle. After watching this one, I wanted to get out of the Air Force.
  • Strong Bad
    Strong Bad Posts: 4,276
    edited May 2002
    Options
    Natural Born Killers - Only movie that I walked out of the theater mid way through.

Superman 4 - Almost walked out of the theater on this one. Good lord, you could see all the wires plain as day. HORRIBLE!

Long Kiss Goodnight - Good thing I went with a hot babe that night or I would have left the theater on this one too.

The Thin Red Line - What were the people at the Acadamy Awards smoking when they nominated this for best picture? I fell asleep about 1/3 of the way through. Glad it was only a rental.

There are others, but these stand out in my mind as the cream of the crop in crap!

John
    No excuses!
  • kanicker
    kanicker Posts: 86
    edited May 2002
    Options
    1. Blair Witch Project (bored bored bored)
    2. Passion Of Ayn Rand (if you appreciate Ayn Rand, dont watch this)
    3. Gladiator (hackneyed, cliche, boring)
    4. Memento (old idea, gimick film)
    5. Saving Pivate Ryan (Sam Malone saves the day?)
  • Aaron
    Aaron Posts: 1,853
    edited May 2002
    Options
    Blair Witch Project
    The Cable Guy
  • juice21
    juice21 Posts: 1,866
    edited May 2002
    Options
    jackie chan's first strike
    red corner
    dead ringers
    three kings

should have walked out of dogma...
  • SPEAKER7
    SPEAKER7 Posts: 355
    edited May 2002
    Options
    Juice,

Well, I'm going to find out myself how lousy " THREE KINGS" the movie is without wasting any money on it because it's on the tube this weekend. (must go and set the timer on the vcr)

dc.:)

crap list: Holy Smoke!
    Center Of the World
    X-Men
    The Emperor's New Groove
    Atlantis (better than above/sound/bass was good)
  • juice21
    juice21 Posts: 1,866
    edited May 2002
    Options
    speaker7 - i really didn't get what people were all hyped up over this movie for. it bored the hell out of me, no story, no pace, cheesy effects of a hand held video camera...
  • shack
    shack Posts: 11,154
    edited May 2002
    Options
    These are bad movies that I have actually seen and does not include movies like Battlefield Earth that I refuse to waste even a rental on.

1) Sphere - I had to watch this one a second time to make sure that is was as bad as I thought is was the first time.

2) Mission to Mars - Should be called Mission To No Plot, Mission To Bad Sci-Fi Cliches, Mission To Boring, Mission to Bad Acting, etc...

3) Any movie with Adam Sandler in it.

4) Natural Born Killers - Why did I watch any of this one - Oh yeah...I was at a friend's house and he put this one in...I left early.

5) Wild Wild West - Will Smith as Adam West? He can't even knock an Eveready battery of of Bob Conrad's shoulder. Loved the series...hated the movie!
    "Just because you’re offended doesn’t mean you’re right." - Ricky Gervais

"For those who believe, no proof is necessary. For those who don't believe, no proof is possible." - Stuart Chase

"Consistency requires you to be as ignorant today as you were a year ago." - Bernard Berenson
  • jeberhart
    jeberhart Posts: 69
    edited May 2002
    Options
    "Independence Day" (bad, bad sci fi)
    "Forrest Gump" (a poor man's "Being There")
    "Red Dawn" (high school kids fight Rooskies)
    "Plan Nine from Outer Space" (not funny-bad like "Reefer Madness"; it just plain sucks)
    "Popeye" (Robin Williams mutters incoherent crap)
  • lax01
    lax01 Posts: 496
    edited May 2002
    Options
    JOHN Q - PURE TRASH! I F***ING HATE THAT MOVIE!
    - I am mad I spent 8.50 for that crap. I feel cheated.

kanicker:

How is MEMENTO an old idea? I thought it was very original, I just would like to hear your opinion on the movie. Thanks. :)
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,959
    edited May 2002
    Options
    #1 Worst is Magnolia
    Any movie with Adam Sandler
    Any movie with Woody Allen
    Any movie with Jim Carrey
    Any movie with Jerry Lewis
    Anything directed by Spike Lee
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• gidrah
    gidrah Posts: 3,049
    edited May 2002
    Options
    There's varrying degrees of bad.

These are some of my worst:
    1. Supernova - cheesey sci-fi skinemax plot
    2. Frankenstein Conquers the World - Japanese Frankenstein in Godzilla proportions.
    3. BW2: Book of Shadows - No witch, no book, no fun
    4. Santa Claus Conquers the Martians - I'll watch it every year and I have no idea why.
    5. Night of the Lepus - 4ft rabbits. 'nuff said

There's also about a dozen slasher flicks. I think these are bad enough to make Battlefied Earth look good.
    Make it Funky! :)
  • mantis
    mantis Posts: 17,090
    edited May 2002
    Options
    1. scenes from a mall
    2.The Mummy
    3.Scary movie 2
    4.The Crow city of angel's
    5.Dessert Eagle
    Dan
    My personal quest is to save to world of bad audio, one thread at a time.
  • johnnyamerika
    johnnyamerika Posts: 382
    edited May 2002
    Options
    Oh come on guys, there are much much worse movies than these!

How about Shadow Conspiracy, with Charlie Sheen!
    Jason 8-X!
    Ladies Man!

Oh god, I'm making myself sick :(
  • Aaron
    Aaron Posts: 1,853
    edited May 2002
    Options
    I agree. If these are some of the worst movies you've seen, consider yourself blessed. Heck I like a lot of these movies you guys say are terrible.

Now, perhaps the worst movie I've ever seen (at least for the first 15 minutes before I shut it off) was rented by my parents and titled....."Mom and Dad Save the World." With a title like that you just know it's gonna blow chunks.

Aaron
  • johnnyamerika
    johnnyamerika Posts: 382
    edited May 2002
    Options
    Mom and Dad Save the World

Oh yeah, that was bad...in the same vien, how about The Stupids....uggg I get chills thinking about it.
  • Micah Cohen
    Micah Cohen Posts: 2,022
    edited May 2002
    Options
    MEATBALLS 4.

Nuff said.
    ultramicah@yahoo.com

"There's nothing funny about a clown in the moonlight." - Lon Chaney
  • TroyD
    TroyD Posts: 13,077
    edited May 2002
    Options
    Honey, I Shrunk __________

Eyes Wide Shut

Wild Wild West

Hannibal

Iron Eagle 1-27
    I plan for the future. - F1Nut
  • wodom1
    wodom1 Posts: 1,054
    edited May 2002
    Options
    Freddy Got Fingered
    Dude, Where's My Car
    Eyes Wide Shut
    Get Carter
    Battlefield Earth
    "I got into the music business thinking it was really radical, that it wasn't really a business at all, that it was a lot of people being artistic and creative. Not true, and it made me very depressed."

Thom Yorke of Radiohead

SOPA. Bow down before me, ****. Want a cookie?

Polk Audio LSi15
    Polk Audio LSiC
    Polk Audio FXi30
    Samsung LN-T4061F 40" 1080P LCD HDTV
    Sony Playstation 3
    Outlaw Model 990 Pre/Pro
    Rotel 985 MK II
    Rotel 1072 CDP
    Soundstage Vacuum II tube pre
  • Ron-P
    Ron-P Posts: 8,516
    edited May 2002
    Options
    Mission Impossible 2
    The Phantom Menace
    Training Day
    Silence of the Lambs
    Zoolander

Peace Out~:D
    If...
    Ron dislikes a film = go out and buy it.
    Ron loves a film = don't even rent.
  • shack
    shack Posts: 11,154
    edited May 2002
    Options

Sure, there are lots of really BAD movies out there. I tried to list movies that I actually saw and that had some measure of commercial or critical sucess that I thought were bad.
    "Just because you’re offended doesn’t mean you’re right." - Ricky Gervais

"For those who believe, no proof is necessary. For those who don't believe, no proof is possible." - Stuart Chase

"Consistency requires you to be as ignorant today as you were a year ago." - Bernard Berenson
  • mantis
    mantis Posts: 17,090
    edited May 2002
    Options
    Ron, The Phantom Menace????You should see Attack of the Clones to Restore your Stars Wars saga.Killer movie I saw it 2 times and need to see it again.
    Dan
    My personal quest is to save to world of bad audio, one thread at a time.
  • TroyD
    TroyD Posts: 13,077
    edited May 2002
    Options
    I was forced to endure the Phantom Menace last night for the first time (long story how it panned out that way).........How could anyone NOT believe after watching that drivel that George Lucas is an utter and complete sell out?? What a fraud.

It may not be the worst movie that I have ever seen but it is in the same neighborhood.

Definately have to give that disc the swipe through the crack of my arse before it's rightful owner takes it home.

BDT
    I plan for the future. - F1Nut
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,959
    edited May 2002
    Options
    TroyD

HEE HEE HEE!

Ain't wasting my time.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• Billm57
    Billm57 Posts: 689
    edited May 2002
    Options
    Armageddon
    The Thin Red Line
    The Sixth Sense
    Training Day
    Crouching Tiger
    U-571
    I could go on but these are the ones that come to mind that I really had high hopes for and turned out to be ****..some movies you know are gonna be bad such as Adam Sandler movies, etc.. thats why I didnt bother listing crap like that
  • cletusmcgee
    cletusmcgee Posts: 25
    edited May 2002
    Options
    Why dont you all go ever to the IMDB and check out Manos: The Hands of Fate. Words cannot describe the sheer horror that this celluliod **** is.
  • Frank Z
    Frank Z Posts: 5,860
    edited June 2002
    Options
    1) When my wife and I were first dating and getting to know each other I thought that I would impress her by taking her out to see an "ARTSY" movie. Being the sauve devil that I am I decided on " THE COOK, THE THIEF, HIS WIFE, HER LOVER."

I can't believe that I was able to sit through about 40 minutes of that crap, but HEY!, I'm a worldly guy! What I wouldn't have done to see some carnage, aliens, helicopters exploding, laser fire...ANYTHING BUT THIS!!!

I finally got up enough nerve to ask if we could leave...The only response that I got was the gust of air as my "Date" flew out of the Theater!

After we left she said that she had been wanting to leave after about the first 10 minutes!

2) ANIMAL

3) Hercules Meets a Brooklyn Gorilla

4) Conan the Barbarian

5) Pearl Harbor...Love story interupted by a few bombs!

6) Anything that starts with Austin Powers

7) Thirteen Ghosts

8) Star Trek - The Voyage Home

9) Remo Williams (Joel Gray as a Marshall Arts Master)

10) Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles
    9/11 - WE WILL NEVER FORGET!! (<---<<click)
    2005-06 Club Polk Football Pool Champion!! :D
  • Tour2ma
    Tour2ma Posts: 10,177
    edited March 2004
    Options
    Resurrection... the Alien sequel and this thread... :D

Forgetting the classic Plan 9 type stuff.

1. Caddyshack II - (coincidence that shack is on this one???) mindnumbingly not funny...

2. The Exorcist III: The Heretic - and it stars friggin' Richard Burton...

3. JAWS 3D - absolutely laughable climax as a grinning, giant, obviously superimposed shark smashes through about one-foot thick glass with its tender little cartilage nose only to eat an exploding air cylinder like dear old granddad... Waaaaaaaaa

4. Spaceballs - Mel Brooks was so-o-o-o-o over by then

5. (Tie) Below - sorry Doc, it just starts off slow and decelerates... ;)

5. (Tie) Unbreakable - M Knight whatever-his-name falls prey to the sophomore jinx; more predictable than a second viewing of The Sixth Sense.
    More later,
    Tour...
    Vox Copuli
    Better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt. - Old English Proverb

"Death doesn't come with a Uhaul." - Dennis Gardner

"It's easy to get lost in price vs performance vs ego vs illusion." - doro
    "There is a certain entertainment value in ripping the occaisonal (sic) buttmunch..." - TroyD
  • ohskigod
    ohskigod Posts: 6,502
    edited March 2004
    Options
    i never saw this thread, looked it over for the hell of it since it was ressurected. How, for the life of me, can "Battlefield Earth" not make anyone's list, unless everyone thought it was so bad, it was actually entertaining!

Mars Attacks - like tim burton, but not this piece of crappola!
    I actually demanded a refund from the friend that reccomended this movie

Moll Flanders - my wife dragged me to this piece of crap, slept through half of it.

cant think of anymore at the moment.
    Living Room 2 Channel -
    Schiit SYS Passive Pre. Jolida CD player. Songbird streamer. California Audio Labs Sigma II DAC, DIY 300as1/a1 Ice modules Class D amp. LSi15 with MM842 woofer upgrade, Nordost Blue Heaven and Unity interconnects.

Upstairs 2 Channel Rig -
    Prometheus Ref. TVC passive pre, SAE A-205 Amp, Wiim pro streamer and Topping E50 DAC, California Audio Labs DX1 CD player, Von Schweikert VR3.5 speakers.

Studio Rig - Scarlett 18i20(Gen3) DAW, Mac Mini, Aiyma A07 Max (BridgedX2), Totem Mites
  • PolkThug
    PolkThug Posts: 7,532
    edited March 2004
    Options
    Originally posted by Tour2ma

3. JAWS 3D - absolutely laughable climax as a grinning, giant, obviously superimposed shark smashes through about one-foot thick glass with its tender little cartilage nose only to eat an exploding air cylinder like dear old granddad... Waaaaaaaaa

I have to give Jaws 3-d credit for having the best movie theater 3-d effects of the whole 3-d genre. This movie actually made those stupid glasses worth wearing. If anybody remembers, there was a whole slew of 3-d movies and tv shows during this time period. However, you would have had to see the movie at the movie theater with the red/blue glasses to appreciate it.

Regards,
    PolkThug