A rig for a truck...

2»

Comments

• neomagus00
    neomagus00 Posts: 3,899
    edited January 2006
    dude... i so win... last summer, a buck sixty per tire, for 15" wheels... them things handled like a ****, but i only got like 10k miles out of them before i hit the wear bars on all 4...

BFGoodrich g-Force T/A KD's, btw...
    It's not good, very fundamentally simply not good. - geolemon

"Its not good enough until we have real-time fearmongering. I want my fear mongered as it happens." - Shizelbs
  • VR3
    VR3 Posts: 28,528
    edited January 2006
    We're still on the market.

I printed off 50-60 trucks all makes and models...

Im really interested in the Ford F150 and 250... man - the 250 is freaking purdy.

I found a F350, ETD Cab, Long bed for 1,800 bucks...

That is one LONG truck man... hahaha
    - Not Tom ::::::: Any system can play Diana Krall. Only the best can play Limp Bizkit.
  • audiobliss
    audiobliss Posts: 12,518
    edited January 2006
    That is one LONG truck man... hahaha

Yup. You better be sure you're up to par with your driving skills 'fore you buy something like that. ;)

So you like the F150 and 250, eh? About what year are we talking about?

Why'd the Chevy fall through? That's a shame, as it is the infinitely better truck....;)
    Jstas wrote: »
    Simple question. If you had a cool million bucks, what would you do with it?
    Wonder WTF happened to the rest of my money.
    In Use
    PS3, Yamaha CDR-HD1300, Plex, Amazon Fire TV Gen 2
    Pioneer Elite VSX-52, Parasound HCA-1000A
    Klipsch RF-82ii, RC-62ii, RS-42ii, RW-10d
    Epson 8700UB

In Storage
    [Home Audio]
    Rotel RCD-02, Yamaha KX-W900U, Sony ST-S500ES, Denon DP-7F
    Pro-Ject Phono Box MKII, Parasound P/HP-850, ASL Wave 20 monoblocks
    Klipsch RF-35, RB-51ii

[Car Audio]
    Pioneer Premier DEH-P860MP, Memphis 16-MCA3004, Boston Acoustic RC520
  • VR3
    edited January 2006
    We are currently looking at a Toyota... 1991, 130,000 miles - red... short bed, reg cab - good gas mileage*

Looks solid...shall see what happens.
    - Not Tom ::::::: Any system can play Diana Krall. Only the best can play Limp Bizkit.
  • nadams
    nadams Posts: 5,877
    edited January 2006
    Is it a 4cyl? Yota's are nice trucks that run forever...
    Ludicrous gibs!
  • VR3
    edited January 2006
    I believe so, not 100% sure
  • PoweredByDodge
    PoweredByDodge Posts: 4,185
    edited January 2006
    Men don't drive girl's rollerskates... Honda, Nissan, and the Tacoma are all girl's "wanna be trucks" -- the Tundra is a nice piece of equipment, but its still not as beefy as an american truck of any of the big 3.

Go big or go home... get the chevy and "quit ya bitchin"!
    The Artist formerly known as PoweredByDodge
  • MacLeod
    MacLeod Posts: 14,358
    edited January 2006
    Real men drive full size trucks, which the Tundra is not. The Titan is fullsize and built in America but it looks a little too funky.

Dodge, Chevy or Ford and in that order. grinning-smiley-003.gif
    polkaudio sound quality competitor since 2005
    MECA SQ Rookie of the Year 06 ~ MECA State Champ 06,07,08,11 ~ MECA World Finals 2nd place 06,07,08,09
    08 Car Audio Nationals 1st ~ 07 N Georgia Nationals 1st ~ 06 Carl Casper Nationals 1st ~ USACi 05 Southeast AutumnFest 1st

polkaudio SR6500 --- polkaudio MM1040 x2 -- Pioneer P99 -- Rockford Fosgate P1000X5D
  • VR3
    edited January 2006
    To say it like my Grandpaw said...

"Your lucky to break 200,000 miles on an American machine, and its resale value is next to nothing.

While this Toyota may not pave its own road, itll hold its value and its gas. Something Ford, Dodge (no thanks) and Chevy wont be able to do.

Would I rather have a full size truck? yes. However... $$$
  • MacLeod
    edited January 2006
    Oh please. A fullsize truck will always hold its value. Now a Chevy Cavalier up against a Toyota Corolla I agree with you but I guarantee you a Ford F250 Super Duty will hold its value extremely well.

And Ill put a Dodge Cummins truck up against ANY vehicle on the road for long term reliability.
    MECA SQ Rookie of the Year 06 ~ MECA State Champ 06,07,08,11 ~ MECA World Finals 2nd place 06,07,08,09
    08 Car Audio Nationals 1st ~ 07 N Georgia Nationals 1st ~ 06 Carl Casper Nationals 1st ~ USACi 05 Southeast AutumnFest 1st

polkaudio SR6500 --- polkaudio MM1040 x2 -- Pioneer P99 -- Rockford Fosgate P1000X5D
  • VR3
    edited January 2006
    I could of bought a F250 for 1,000 less than this Toyota and its the same year.

Also, the F250 couldnt touch it as far as gas mileage.
  • MacLeod
    edited January 2006
    Thats because Toyotas are too expensive to start with!

You can get an equally equiped Dodge Ram for abotu $5000 less than the same Tundra. So while 5 years down the road, the Toyota is worth more than a Ford, you still paid a lot more for it as opposed to the Ford.

• VR3
    edited January 2006
    If you buy my gas...

Ill buy a full size truck.

Deal?

AND, any rise in insurance due to me owning a full size truck... (me being considered an un-experienced driver and all)

Deal?

*shakes* - Ill send you my address later! :)
  • audiobliss
    audiobliss Posts: 12,518
    edited January 2006
    Hey, Tacomas are cool. That four cylinder engine is cool, too. Dad leased a Tacoma 4x4 for about a year or so about 6 years ago (hence why I don't remember much about it). It was nice.

Do tell me the one you're looking at is four-wheel-drive?
    Jstas wrote: »
    Simple question. If you had a cool million bucks, what would you do with it?
    Wonder WTF happened to the rest of my money.
    In Use
    PS3, Yamaha CDR-HD1300, Plex, Amazon Fire TV Gen 2
    Pioneer Elite VSX-52, Parasound HCA-1000A
    Klipsch RF-82ii, RC-62ii, RS-42ii, RW-10d
    Epson 8700UB

In Storage
    [Home Audio]
    Rotel RCD-02, Yamaha KX-W900U, Sony ST-S500ES, Denon DP-7F
    Pro-Ject Phono Box MKII, Parasound P/HP-850, ASL Wave 20 monoblocks
    Klipsch RF-35, RB-51ii

[Car Audio]
    Pioneer Premier DEH-P860MP, Memphis 16-MCA3004, Boston Acoustic RC520
  • MacLeod
    edited January 2006
    If you buy my gas...

Ill buy a full size truck.

Good point. Honda Civic it is! ;)

• VR3
    edited February 2006
    No, it is a 2 wheel drive...

4x4 takes up more gas.
  • Polk65
    Polk65 Posts: 1,405
    edited February 2006
    Trey, buy a full size truck and thank us later. More room to fish wire through and lots of room for large speakers. :D

If you go with a Chevy, watch out for cracks on the frame near the gearbox. This was a common defect in late 70's and early 80's C/K series.

If you up the tire size from stock, get your speedometer calibrated at a certified shop. Under 35mph you should be okay, but over that with larger than stock tires will get you tickets because your speed will be faster than what your speedomer says (unless corrected).

jcwhitney.com and rockauto.com have good prices for parts.
  • PoweredByDodge
    PoweredByDodge Posts: 4,185
    edited February 2006
    rockauto is pretty sweet... just gotta know what you're lookin for... www.partsamerica.com (advance) is also quite cheap but they've got pictureS!! woo hoo!!! order online - pick up in store... i like the place.

ahem... speedo gears... all you have to change on the older vehicles is the little "Geary-ma-bobber" inside the speedometer gauge itself... it pops out and in like butter... various offroading places such as our local Jim Dean's Truck Shop (www.jimdeans.com) have that kinda **** - you tell them you're tire size now, then what it was stock... then they get you a gear for 3 bucks and you pop it in.

If you get an odd size (most people do 33's or 35's) then you may not be able to find a gear and may have to change the cam in the speedo sender or even the whole speedo sender itself... there are also "Gear reduction" or "gear increase" screw on deals that screw onto the sender, then the cable onto the adapter, and you can manually adjust it like it was a potentiomenter (its totally mechanical, just makin an analogy).

... side note = got a buddy w/ a cummins turbo diesel... he's uppin the miles... he's in the 800 thousand range now. he's a sick ****. original motor though... although people keep hitting his bumpers... go figure.

i prefer 2wd trucks... this being evidenced by the fact that i've got a Dana 44 center section without the knuckles just chillin on my back lawn... torched it outa my truck and got a piece of 3" OD pipe in its place... GASSER 2wd AXLE ****! hehehe...
    The Artist formerly known as PoweredByDodge