All the CD's you want for $5.99 shipped

Options
13»

Comments

• Tour2ma
    Tour2ma Posts: 10,177
    edited April 2006
    Options
    Recently BMG Music Service, the power behind "Your Music", has been offering unlimited CD's for $5.99 with free shipping if you buy 5 or more.

Great deal on single CD's... and they have other offers that are great for multi-disk sets, boxes, etc., that work out to less than $5.99 per disk, i.e., Buy 1 get 2 free.
    More later,
    Tour...
    Vox Copuli
    Better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt. - Old English Proverb

"Death doesn't come with a Uhaul." - Dennis Gardner

"It's easy to get lost in price vs performance vs ego vs illusion." - doro
    "There is a certain entertainment value in ripping the occaisonal (sic) buttmunch..." - TroyD
  • Schris22
    Schris22 Posts: 983
    edited April 2006
    Options
    5 or more?

I've been buying about two or three a month. It should be just 5.99 a disk.

Is there some sort of promotion?

I've been using it for about 6 months or so and can't remember this stipulation.

Chris
    Receiver: Onkyo TX-SR502-S
    DVD Player: Pioneer DV-578A-S
    Left and Right: R50
    Center: CS1
    Rear Center: R15
    Surrounds: R30
    Subwoofer: 10'' Dayton 100 Watt
  • Emlyn
    Emlyn Posts: 4,377
    edited April 2006
    Options
    BMG runs two CD selling services, the one under their name and the Yourmusic.com service. Deals and terms are different for each, but work out to be about the same in the long run.
  • Schris22
    Schris22 Posts: 983
    edited April 2006
    Options
    ohhhhhh

ok.

Chris
    Receiver: Onkyo TX-SR502-S
    DVD Player: Pioneer DV-578A-S
    Left and Right: R50
    Center: CS1
    Rear Center: R15
    Surrounds: R30
    Subwoofer: 10'' Dayton 100 Watt
  • crazy
    crazy Posts: 443
    edited April 2006
    Options
    BMG Club seems to be a little cheaper ...

7 free CD to start

Purchase 1 at club price

Get 4 free ... total 12 CDs for $18.98 (cost of 1 regular priced CD)

Shipping is $2.79 a CD, so 12 CDs will cost 12 * 2.79 = $33.48

Total = $52.46 or $4.37 a CD or approx. 4 1/2 bucks a CD.

That seems a slightly better deal unless you're buying box-sets that have more than 1 CD in them, then you're better off wth yourmusic.com

Also, this has instant gratification - get a bunch of CDs instead of waiting for a month. They have the same collection as yourmusic.com since they're both owned by BMG (as mentioned above)
    Distant Dream - A New Beginning
    www.distantdream.com
    (Now also available on iTunes)
  • Tour2ma
    edited April 2006
    Options
    Actually no...

With multi-disk sets at yourmusic, you pay $5.99 per disk period. So a two-disk is $11.98

At BMG they run promotions like buy one get two (and sometimes three free), A multi-disk might run you $22 - $24, but divide that by 3 (or 4) and you've paying between $6 and $8 per set... and order enough and shipping can be free to boot.
    More later,
    Tour...
    Vox Copuli
    Better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt. - Old English Proverb

"There is a certain entertainment value in ripping the occaisonal (sic) buttmunch..." - TroyD
  • polksda
    polksda Posts: 716
    edited April 2006
    Options
    crazy wrote:
    BMG Club seems to be a little cheaper ...

7 free CD to start

Purchase 1 at club price

Get 4 free ... total 12 CDs for $18.98 (cost of 1 regular priced CD)

Shipping is $2.79 a CD, so 12 CDs will cost 12 * 2.79 = $33.48

Total = $52.46 or $4.37 a CD or approx. 4 1/2 bucks a CD.

That seems a slightly better deal unless you're buying box-sets that have more than 1 CD in them, then you're better off wth yourmusic.com

Also, this has instant gratification - get a bunch of CDs instead of waiting for a month. They have the same collection as yourmusic.com since they're both owned by BMG (as mentioned above)

But aren't quite a few titles (especially box sets) not available as enrollment selections? I know that was the case with Columbia House. I also don't like waiting for specials to come along to get the right "2 for 1" or "3 for 1" deal.

As far as "instant gratification" is concerned, with yourmusic.com you don't have to wait for the next month to buy CDs. In addition to the queue selections, you can place orders at any time.
  • Tour2ma
    edited April 2006
    Options
    There are restricted lintings on BMG, but many double disks can be obtained in the introductory offer. However, using two of your freebies to get a double disk set is not a great use of the freebies, IMO.
    More later,
    Tour...
    Vox Copuli

• Ricardo
    Ricardo Posts: 10,636
    edited December 2006
    Options
    CD's going up to $6.99 starting January; just came into this while updating my queue...they didn't send any email of notice about this, so I thought I'd share; I plan to keep it.

"Effective January 1, 2007, the monthly fee and CD prices at yourmusic.com will change to $6.99 with free shipping. If you do not wish to continue your subscription at the $6.99 price per CD, you are free to cancel at any time."

2008 & 2010 Football Pool WINNER
    SOPA
    Thank God for different opinions. Imagine the world if we all wanted the same woman
  • wodom1
    wodom1 Posts: 1,054
    edited December 2006
    Options
    HTrookie wrote:
    CD's going up to $6.99 starting January; just came into this while updating my queue...they didn't send any email of notice about this, so I thought I'd share; I plan to keep it.

"Effective January 1, 2007, the monthly fee and CD prices at yourmusic.com will change to $6.99 with free shipping. If you do not wish to continue your subscription at the $6.99 price per CD, you are free to cancel at any time."

Weird that you didn't get an email. I got one a week or so ago telling me about the increase.
    "I got into the music business thinking it was really radical, that it wasn't really a business at all, that it was a lot of people being artistic and creative. Not true, and it made me very depressed."

Thom Yorke of Radiohead

SOPA. Bow down before me, ****. Want a cookie?

Polk Audio LSi15
    Polk Audio LSiC
    Polk Audio FXi30
    Samsung LN-T4061F 40" 1080P LCD HDTV
    Sony Playstation 3
    Outlaw Model 990 Pre/Pro
    Rotel 985 MK II
    Rotel 1072 CDP
    Soundstage Vacuum II tube pre
  • seo
    seo Posts: 305
    edited December 2006
    Options
    I received an e-mail as well.
    Signature goes here
  • Ricardo
    Ricardo Posts: 10,636
    edited December 2006
    Options
    well, that's two of you...maybe they did send it and I just deleted without reading...as I do with so many of them :)

2008 & 2010 Football Pool WINNER
    SOPA
    Thank God for different opinions. Imagine the world if we all wanted the same woman
  • AsSiMiLaTeD
    AsSiMiLaTeD Posts: 11,722
    edited December 2006
    Options
    6.99 a disc is still a good deal