SW: Attack of the Clones (movie review)

Options
Ron-P
Ron-P Posts: 8,516
edited May 2002 in Music & Movies
Ron Epstein of The Home Theater Forum reviewed SW:TPM befroe it was released. I agreed with his review, pretty bad.

He has just seen AotC and his reveiw is up. Pretty damn impressive reveiw. I may just go to the theater and see it after reading his review. The CGI still looks more like a cartoon, but if the story is good and the movie is dark, it may be worth $8.50.

Read it here

Undecided Out~:D
If...
Ron dislikes a film = go out and buy it.
Ron loves a film = don't even rent.
Post edited by Ron-P on

Comments

• shack
    shack Posts: 11,154
    edited May 2002
    Options
    Maybe those of us who have looked forward to this movie will be rewarded for our optimism!
    "Just because you’re offended doesn’t mean you’re right." - Ricky Gervais

"For those who believe, no proof is necessary. For those who don't believe, no proof is possible." - Stuart Chase

"Consistency requires you to be as ignorant today as you were a year ago." - Bernard Berenson
  • Aaron
    Aaron Posts: 1,853
    edited May 2002
    Options
    Wow, I'm psyched! We're talking tears of joy over here! I had pretty much written this off as another EPI.

Aaron
  • RuSsMaN
    RuSsMaN Posts: 17,987
    edited May 2002
    Options
    Hmmm, Ok, I'll RENT it when it hits dvd......

Until I hear more from you guys, I still ain't droppin coin to go to the theater......

Episode 1 DAMAGED me man, I just don't know.....

Cheers,
    Russ

Tears Aaron? Get a grip brotha, you were a mere itch in your Daddy's pants when A New Hope hit the big screen....
    Check your lips at the door woman. Shake your hips like battleships. Yeah, all the white girls trip when I sing at Sunday service.
  • juice21
    juice21 Posts: 1,866
    edited May 2002
    Options
    WOW! great review! now i am REALLY pumped to see this movie!!!
  • Strong Bad
    Strong Bad Posts: 4,276
    edited May 2002
    Options
    I've read about a half dozen reviews online and it appears that George Lucas has nailed this one BIG TIME!!!

Every review said it is incredible!

I'm even more pumped than ever! All of us Baltimore and surrounding area people get to see this one at the greatest theater in the country...the Senator!

John
    No excuses!
  • lax01
    lax01 Posts: 496
    edited May 2002
    Options
    Russ I think that it may have swayed me to buy the movie over a rental. But I too was very crushed when I saw TPM. I hope Lucas can pull off the impossible and win back fans with this movie.
  • avelanchefan
    avelanchefan Posts: 2,401
    edited May 2002
    Options
    Ron-P,

Thanks for the link. Sometimes I wish I would have never read it. I want to be surprised myself. But unfortunately I will not be able to see this movies until June 20th or so. We do not have any DD movie theaters here, or theaters with adaquate sound.But it will be too hard to not see any reviews come May 16th.

So I am heading to Tucson in June to see my parents. Going to hit the biggest theater there to get the "full" effect of the movie. Man is that going to be a tough wait. But it sounds like it will be worth it.

Again thanks for the link.
    Sean
    XboxLive--->avelanchefan
    PSN---->Floppa
    http://card.mygamercard.net/avelanchefan.png
  • mantis
    mantis Posts: 17,056
    edited May 2002
    Options
    Pass the tissues Aaron,
    I'm COMPLETELY JUICED.
    Dan
    My personal quest is to save to world of bad audio, one thread at a time.
  • Strong Bad
    Strong Bad Posts: 4,276
    edited May 2002
    Options
    Went last night and picked up tickets for my nephew and I. Lucky for me, all the obsessed freaks in the wookie and stormtrooper outfits camped out the day before and purchased tickets. There were 2 of us getting tickets last night.

Opening day at 10 am we will be at the glorious Senator theater which just so happens to be upgrading their 40' screen to some new "Super Glo" type of screen. Add that to the incredible Dolby Digital EX surround system and you have one hell of a ride!

I'm pumped!

John
    No excuses!