Thinking of selling SDA 1Cs

Options
StinkyDog
StinkyDog Posts: 96
edited January 2006 in Vintage Speakers
Hi everyone. I'm new to this forum and there seems to be some seriously knowledgeable folks here, so this seemed like a good place to post this question. I have a pair of SDA 1Cs (original owner) that I'm thinking of selling. They are in perfect condition (working and cosmetic), black in color and I have the manual and the crossover cable as well but I no longer have the boxes they came in.

My wife detests the large speakers and considers them an eyesore and has been on me to get a set of satellites instead. So after years of this I am starting to get worn down. Even though the thought of selling them just kills me.

Anyway I was wondering what kind of money I should expect for a set of these speakers. Looking over the posts here it seems they are still popular and in fairly large demand in the aftermarket. If anyone could give me an idea of what to expect as a fair price I would greatly appreciate it.

Thank you.
Post edited by StinkyDog on

Comments

• nadams
    nadams Posts: 5,877
    edited January 2006
    Options
    www.polksda.com has a nice "completed auction" list that might give you a good idea of the going rates....
    Ludicrous gibs!
  • danger boy
    danger boy Posts: 15,722
    edited January 2006
    Options
    StinkyDog wrote:
    Hi everyone. I'm new to this forum and there seems to be some seriously knowledgeable folks here, so this seemed like a good place to post this question. I have a pair of SDA 1Cs (original owner) that I'm thinking of selling. They are in perfect condition (working and cosmetic), black in color and I have the manual and the crossover cable as well but I no longer have the boxes they came in.

My wife detests the large speakers and considers them an eyesore and has been on me to get a set of satellites instead. So after years of this I am starting to get worn down. Even though the thought of selling them just kills me.

Anyway I was wondering what kind of money I should expect for a set of these speakers. Looking over the posts here it seems they are still popular and in fairly large demand in the aftermarket. If anyone could give me an idea of what to expect as a fair price I would greatly appreciate it.

Thank you.

of course when you do sell your SDA's. and move over to satellites.. look no farther than Polk Audio's great sounding satellite speakers. OR maybe the SurroundBAR with a nice subwoofer would be a good option if your wife wants to keep things to a complete minimum.
    PolkFest 2012, who's going>?
    Vancouver, Canada Sept 30th, 2012 - Madonna concert :cheesygrin:
  • BlueMDPicker
    BlueMDPicker Posts: 7,569
    edited January 2006
    Options
    Welcome to the forum!

Sorry to hear that the wife hates them. If you are interested in selling them here, a firm price (once determined) and pictures will aid greatly. Also, your location will guage interest here pretty quickly.
  • george daniel
    george daniel Posts: 12,096
    edited January 2006
    Options
    Where are you located?
    JC approves....he told me so. (F-1 nut)
  • BlueMDPicker
    edited January 2006
    Options
    Where are you located?
    SEE - I told ya', Stinky! :)
  • Mike Reeter
    Mike Reeter Posts: 4,314
    edited January 2006
    Options
    Where are you located?

George,This is not fair,you already own 2 pair,right?
  • george daniel
    edited January 2006
    Options
    Next, a price and photo's and,,color those babies gone,,,wife will be happy, new owner will be happy,,,see,, it's a Win-Win for everyone :)
  • Mike Reeter
    edited January 2006
    Options
    Yes,location,price? You will find interest here...
  • george daniel
    edited January 2006
    Options
    George,This is not fair,you already own 2 pair,right?

Maybe :) and if I may ask, how did you know ? :D
  • Mike Reeter
    edited January 2006
    Options
    I hang around here a lot...
  • george daniel
    edited January 2006
    Options
    So do I,, but my short term memory is starting to go,,,note to self; keep mouth shut :D There is a person on a'gon who is 20 minutes from me that has/had a pair of great 1.2 tl's for 2500,now down to 2000,want me to check it out for you, I believe that hoosier has done business with him before,and the guy has a good rep., if I get my bonus before they are sold, I will put up one of my pair (1c's) with rebuilt x-overs, cardas binding posts, new tweets,modded sda interconnect :)

Edit;--new polys also :)
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,839
    edited January 2006
    Options
    StinkyDog wrote:
    They are in perfect condition (working and cosmetic), black in color and I have the manual and the crossover cable as well but I no longer have the boxes they came in.
    Those are the "Studio" version, not worth as much as the regular version.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• Mike Reeter
    edited January 2006
    Options
    Thanks for the thought on the tl's...can't stand the tariff on those bad boys...I will have to live with our SRS 2's in the 2-channel rig for quite some time...

I would like to find a pair of 1C's to incorporate into the HT rig as a set of mains...also a pair that is not 18 hour drive,one way!!!

Hope you can score the TL's,they look to be the ultimate in the SDA line..
  • george daniel
    edited January 2006
    Options
    Thats what I was thinking,would still like to see some pic's,,,I'm bored,think I'll go upgrade the power supply to the A.I.--when does it stop? :D Maybe I need to find a local chapter of audioholic's anonomous,hope your holidays were pleasant :)
  • Mike Reeter
    edited January 2006
    Options
    F1nut wrote:
    Those are the "Studio" version, not worth as much as the regular version.

Is there any "sonic" difference between the Studio version and the Oak/Walnut capped ones?

I'm looking for the Studio version to match "appearance wise" with the rest of our RTi's
  • george daniel
    edited January 2006
    Options
    Call me crazy, but I like the look of the "studio's", I would not think that the sonic's would be different,but I've been wrong before, and for the record,,I'm NOT in the market for any more 1c's, mine are just fine, I'm, trying to decide on an amp for the other pair.
  • Mike Reeter
    edited January 2006
    Options
    Call me crazy, but I like the look of the "studio's", I would not think that the sonic's would be different,but I've been wrong before, and for the record,,[I'm NOT in the market for any more 1c's, mine are just fine, I'm, trying to decide on an amp for the other pair.]

George,I was just givin ya a little grief about already owning 2 pairs...I would love to find a good pair,but it's not a life or death situation!!!
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,839
    edited January 2006
    Options
    Is there any "sonic" difference between the Studio version and the Oak/Walnut capped ones?

No, in fact the capped ones are Studio's with the caps and cloth panels added on making them weigh more.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• Mike Reeter
    edited January 2006
    Options
    F1nut wrote:
    No, in fact the capped ones are Studio's with the caps and cloth panels added on making them weigh more.

Good to know,thanks...
  • george daniel
    edited January 2006
    Options
    Hey back atch'a :) no offense intended or taken,hope you get a pair soon, I love mine,,In my best Samuel L Jackson voice; "that studio version is a "tasty" speaker" :)
  • Polkersince85
    Polkersince85 Posts: 2,883
    edited January 2006
    Options
    Are those 1.2TL's still available, if he drops the price another time the Georgia buzzards may swoop in and clean up. ;) You never know what's circling overhead.
    >
    >
    >This message has been scanned by the NSA and found to be free of harmful intent.<
  • BlueMDPicker
    edited January 2006
    Options
    Next, a price and photo's and,,color those babies gone,,,wife will be happy, new owner will be happy,,,see,, it's a Win-Win for everyone :)

Sorry George, I already have implicit, psychic dibs (fully licensed from reeltrouble). :cool:
  • StinkyDog
    edited January 2006
    Options
    Thanks everyone for all of the information. I am just starting to research the prices so as soon as I have a good idea of what to charge I will take some pictures and post them. My location is just outside of Portland, OR so if anyone is near to me that would likely be the best way to get them as shipping would cost a fortune. Also, as I mentioned, I no longer have the boxes they came in.

Also, someone mentioned that the Studio versions aren't worth as much. Can you tell me why this is? Does it have to do with the fact that there is a little less wood on the cabinet? Also, about how much less would they go for than the 'regular' SDA 1Cs?

Someone also recommended sticking with Polk for the satellites. I had planned on that anyway as I wouldn't really consider any other brand. I am looking into the RM6900 model of speakers. Anyone have any experience with them or have any idea how they would sound? Any other recommendations?

Thanks!
  • BlueMDPicker
    edited January 2006
    Options
    StinkyDog wrote:
    My location is just outside of Portland, OR
    I relinquish psychic dibs. :p If we were any farther apart, one of us would be in the water.
  • danger boy
    edited January 2006
    Options
    StinkyDog wrote:
    Thanks everyone for all of the information. I am just starting to research the prices so as soon as I have a good idea of what to charge I will take some pictures and post them. My location is just outside of Portland, OR so if anyone is near to me that would likely be the best way to get them as shipping would cost a fortune. Also, as I mentioned, I no longer have the boxes they came in.

Also, someone mentioned that the Studio versions aren't worth as much. Can you tell me why this is? Does it have to do with the fact that there is a little less wood on the cabinet? Also, about how much less would they go for than the 'regular' SDA 1Cs?

Someone also recommended sticking with Polk for the satellites. I had planned on that anyway as I wouldn't really consider any other brand. I am looking into the RM6900 model of speakers. Anyone have any experience with them or have any idea how they would sound? Any other recommendations?

Thanks!

WOW. my luck is improving each and every day. LOL

Portland is overflowing with vintage Polks these days.

Hmmmmm? :D
  • StinkyDog
    edited January 2006
    Options
    danger boy wrote:
    WOW. my luck is improving each and every day. LOL

Portland is overflowing with vintage Polks these days.

Hmmmmm? :D

Washington State huh? Very cool. I down in Vancouver. Where are you? Do I sense a possible interest in these?

Sean
  • danger boy
    edited January 2006
    Options
    StinkyDog wrote:
    Washington State huh? Very cool. I down in Vancouver. Where are you? Do I sense a possible interest in these?

Sean

HI Sean,

Welcome to Club Polk.. hang out here it's fun.

I'm in Spokane. have lived here for ages.. although not originally from here. but within the state.

Glad to have another member from the Northwest in here.. we'll soon take this place over. LOL

Actually, i'm not in the market for any SDA's at this time. I have a pair i picked up from another club member last May, also from the Portland area.

I thought there were a few people from the "other" Vancouver who were looking for SDA's. I can't remember their nickname.. so maybe those Canadians interested in them could get ahold of you.

If you can avoid shipping them, that's the best way to go.

good luck, Al
  • BSUfbfan
    BSUfbfan Posts: 201
    edited January 2006
    Options
    Don't keep us in suspense. Pictures and price please.....

I just happen to have relatives in Portland :D
    SDA SRS 2.3
  • StinkyDog
    edited January 2006
    Options
    Ok, I've finally got the pictures together. And after researching the going rate for these bad boys I've decided on a price of $530.00. As I mentioned I also have the crossover cable and the manual, although they aren't in the pics. I haven't posted pics here before so I'm not sure how they'll turn out. If anyone has any requests for additional photos please let me know and I'll post them.
  • danger boy
    edited January 2006
    Options
    I've never seen a pair of 1C's (studio version) in all black. they look really nice.