Vintage ??!!??!!??

browsinbob
browsinbob Posts: 22
edited April 2002 in Speakers
I just spent over 2 hours trying to find information on LS-90 and RTA-12's!!!! Its a darn shame that this information is NOT here!!! Things like specs, manufacture dates,photos,etc. This is a polk site, isn't IT ????
Post edited by browsinbob on

Comments

• wangotango68
    wangotango68 Posts: 1,056
    edited April 2002
    i have thought the same thing bob why is there not pics of ALL
    polk speakers made with all the specs for them? i don't think it would be all the hard to do.

scott:cool:
  • browsinbob
    edited April 2002
    Scott, Its good to here that another member feels the same way as I do. If everyone else who feels the same,would speak up, maybe our voice could make a difference in how the site could further help serve their members. Go to the vintage library and what do you see, the statement, these are the polks your dad had, who are they addressing, 18 year olds? I'm 50 years old and when I want to see vintage it shouldn't be something from only 5 years ago. I'd like to find information from the real vintage (like from the 80's) at least. These speakers are becoming more valuable and saught after each year. I have spent a lot of money on Polk Speakers over the years, as I'm sure many of the other members here have also. Let's speak up members!!! This is a great site, lets improve it!!!
  • shack
    shack Posts: 11,154
    edited April 2002
    I agree. It should be a relative simple matter of posting the basic information of the polk speakers made over the years. This would be good for someone considering a purchase of a vintage polk speaker or just wanting some knowledge of what was available.
    "Just because you’re offended doesn’t mean you’re right." - Ricky Gervais

"For those who believe, no proof is necessary. For those who don't believe, no proof is possible." - Stuart Chase

"Consistency requires you to be as ignorant today as you were a year ago." - Bernard Berenson
  • mantis
    mantis Posts: 17,032
    edited April 2002
    sounds like a attention to Polk post forming........
    Dan
    My personal quest is to save to world of bad audio, one thread at a time.
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,709
    edited April 2002
    Here, Here!
    When I wanted some info on "Vintage" Polk speakers I clicked on the vintage icon and to my dismay I found nothing at all about the older Polks. I agree with the other posts here, this is very important information that would benefit all.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• hoosier21
    hoosier21 Posts: 4,408
    edited April 2002
    Polk should want to post older information. I would think it would be easy to do also.
    Dodd - Battery Preamp
    Monarchy Audio SE100 Delux - mono power amps
    Sony DVP-NS999ES - SACD player
    ADS 1230 - Polk SDA 2B
    DIY Stereo Subwoofer towers w/(4) 12 drivers each
    Crown K1 - Subwoofer amp
    Outlaw ICBM - crossover
    Beringher BFD - sub eq

Where is the remote? Where is the $%#$% remote!

"I've always been mad, I know I've been mad, like the most of us have...very hard to explain why you're mad, even if you're not mad..."
  • gidrah
    gidrah Posts: 3,049
    edited April 2002
    I don't even consider my 10Bs to be vintage, and I know vintage. Yet the speakers in the vintage area are newer than mine.

I agree!
    Make it Funky! :)
  • stubby
    stubby Posts: 723
    edited April 2002
    I agree about the "vintage" label to be a bit of a mislabel. Great idea to be able to browse over some 80's stuff. I must say that Polk came through for me (again) on a manual for my recently acquired RTA 12C's. Nice bunch of fella's.

Stubby
    SRS 3.1TL
    Harman Kardon Citation 5.1
    Anthem AVM2

• browsinbob
    edited April 2002
    I have a pair of RTA-12's also,Great sound!,The manaul says RTA12C but on the crosover boards they say RTA12-b ?????? Anybody know anything about this?,or have any info.on RTA15's? I wish this info. was avalible here without having to ask members if they knew vintage polk anwsers. COME ON POLK GIVE US THIS INFORMATION HERE ON YOUR SITE FOR YOUR MEMBERS!!! Browsinbob
  • stubby
    stubby Posts: 723
    edited April 2002
    My crossover just says RTA 12, no letter designation. And I'm sure they're C's because of the tweeter position. It's mounted horizontally instead of vertically and it's a silver coil dome. I do like their sound. What little I got to hear of them.

Stubby
    SRS 3.1TL
    Harman Kardon Citation 5.1
    Anthem AVM2