RT2000P lower array x-over broken

Norm E. Dickey
Norm E. Dickey Posts: 36
edited June 2002 in Troubleshooting
I purchased the pair from a friend of a friend of a friend (cheap). I knew they had lower array problems but when used with a sub(PSW150) they sound great. I hope to fix them myself, fiddling is fun. Does anyone know where I can get the schematic for the lower x-over? I believe that the problem lies there. The drivers are fine but they do not work when speaker level or line level inputs are applied. I will run these bi-wired so I'm not concerned of the sub-amp not functioning. I may purchase a pair of outboard x-overs and remove the old x-over/amp combo. Anybody know the x-over point for the lower array? thanks dudes
Welcome to my home, enter of your own free will and leave a bit of the happiness that you bring. -D
Post edited by Norm E. Dickey on

Comments

• Aaron
    Aaron Posts: 1,853
    edited April 2002
    I knew they had lower array problems. The drivers are fine but they do not work when speaker level or line level inputs are applied.
    Do you have the gold-plated, metal jumper going between the two sets of terminals? Without this plate your built-in subs won't work when you use speaker-level connections to the top set of posts (bottom set with jumper unhooked should get you nothing).

I will run these bi-wired
    You can't bi-wire the RT2000p's.

Aaron
  • Norm E. Dickey
    edited April 2002
    The straps- Yes, they were in place when I attempted full range speaker level input operation, I removed them for line level input sub-amp use as per the instructions. I also removd the straps and hooked up just the lower binding posts, which should activate the bass drivers only.

If I go to an non-OEM crossover, without a built in amp, I will be running these bi-wired ,loosely speaking, because my main amp will be supplying juice for the entire speaker, using both sets of binding posts and 4 wires per channel.
    Welcome to my home, enter of your own free will and leave a bit of the happiness that you bring. -D
  • RuSsMaN
    RuSsMaN Posts: 17,987
    edited April 2002
    Check your lips at the door woman. Shake your hips like battleships. Yeah, all the white girls trip when I sing at Sunday service.
  • goingganzo
    goingganzo Posts: 2,793
    edited May 2002
    could your amp be bad? take the x-over out and check for burnt circuet bord and restors make sure the amp works and try and plug it in. when you use the rca input do the sub work?
  • Norm E. Dickey
    edited May 2002
    I've taken apart both amp assembies and can't find any burn't or obviously broken parts. It does not function in any wiring configuration. The green LED does come on, so I know it is getting juice.
  • goingganzo
    goingganzo Posts: 2,793
    edited May 2002
    i bet the jumpers were still on and llfe was sent in i bet the imput stage is bad on the amp you can fix it 2 ways go buy a replacement sub anp from polk or by pass the amp and get a sub anp http://www.acoustic-visions.com/300792.htm like 100 bucks or less
  • Norm E. Dickey
    edited May 2002
    I am most likely going to pick up non-OEM amp(s) and bi-amp the things. Partly because when I post the results, people will say that the 2000's can't be bi-amped. Mainly, because the customization makes them more 'mine' and it's fun.
  • joe logston
    joe logston Posts: 882
    edited June 2002
    i was reading the demintions 8-1/4" wide 10-5/8" hight, 4" deep

cut out , 71/4" wide, 9-5/8" high

polk plate size is 8"wide, 8" high

so there might be some cutting on the cabinet. to make the new amp sub plate to work from accoustic vsions.
    . rt-7 mains
    rt-20p surounds
    cs-400i front center
    cs-350 ls rear center
    2 energy take 5, efects
    2- psw-650 , subs
    1- 15" audiosource sub

lets all go to the next ces.