A list of things to come.

2»

Comments

• swerve
    swerve Posts: 1,862
    edited November 2005
    How did my thread turn into tire conversation.

And No ONE HAS SENT ME NUDE XMAS PICTURES YET.

ugh
    adam
    cats.vans.bag...
  • PoweredByDodge
    PoweredByDodge Posts: 4,185
    edited November 2005
    ****... um... ... ... i was wondering why she was barking like that... i thought that was just her way of saying she liked it ... ah man... this sucks.

i'm going home. to cry.

could i have your dog's number though? i been meanin to call her... er... it.... back.

it's good stuff!
    The Artist formerly known as PoweredByDodge
  • PoweredByDodge
    edited November 2005
    honestly, i have no idea whether they are car tires in truck tire sizes, but i mean, think about it - it can't be a "car tire" car tire... because it's rated for like 1,500 lbs per tire and comes in BIG sizes... the rims go from like 14" up to 17" and they're all high sidewalls... you couldn't fit those tires on a car if you wanted to. they 14's and 15's with lesser ratio's fit muscle cars and vettes and **** - and the 16's and 17's fit trucks... they're rated for it...

i've got like 20 thousand on mine right now -- i'll probably get another 20 out of them... and i do regularly drop it in 1st at 4,500 rpm from a standstill. so i'm doin pretty good i think. with a sane driver and average luck, you'd probably get like 50k out of them... they're rated for 60 i think. **** for 80 bucks a piece on tire rack, what the hell ya want man -- that's cheap. you can get two sets of them, get 100k miles out of them, and have spent the same amount as if you bought one set of 160 dollar tires that last you 65 k miles. burn that rubber baby - burn it - its cheap!
  • PoweredByDodge
    edited November 2005
    and don't forget the BLING factor --- swerve's sister, or dog, or whatever it is, loved the tires so much, i got sumin sumin from her, it, whatever.

and adam... if you'd like some nudes of my left nut, it can be arranged. let me plug in my web cam.
  • PoweredByDodge
    edited November 2005
    speak of the devil... one's leaking (heh heh heh) -- i'm sittin here ranting about firehawks and my mother is like "ya mr. big mouth, you know one of them is leaking when you put them away in the shed for the winter"...

i guess i got a pin hole or something. oh well - i'll deal with it when i go to put them back on - probably hit a nail or something.
  • MacLeod
    MacLeod Posts: 14,358
    edited November 2005
    Hmmm....Nitto. Just reading Consumer Reports and they rave pretty highly about Nitto. Dont know anything about them tho.
    polkaudio sound quality competitor since 2005
    MECA SQ Rookie of the Year 06 ~ MECA State Champ 06,07,08,11 ~ MECA World Finals 2nd place 06,07,08,09
    08 Car Audio Nationals 1st ~ 07 N Georgia Nationals 1st ~ 06 Carl Casper Nationals 1st ~ USACi 05 Southeast AutumnFest 1st

polkaudio SR6500 --- polkaudio MM1040 x2 -- Pioneer P99 -- Rockford Fosgate P1000X5D
  • audiobliss
    audiobliss Posts: 12,518
    edited November 2005
    On almost every single issue of Popular Hotrodding I have, there is an add for Nitto rubber on the back. And a very large percentage of the cars I read about in that mag are running Nitto rubber. Obviously a high-performance tire.
    Jstas wrote: »
    Simple question. If you had a cool million bucks, what would you do with it?
    Wonder WTF happened to the rest of my money.
    In Use
    PS3, Yamaha CDR-HD1300, Plex, Amazon Fire TV Gen 2
    Pioneer Elite VSX-52, Parasound HCA-1000A
    Klipsch RF-82ii, RC-62ii, RS-42ii, RW-10d
    Epson 8700UB

In Storage
    [Home Audio]
    Rotel RCD-02, Yamaha KX-W900U, Sony ST-S500ES, Denon DP-7F
    Pro-Ject Phono Box MKII, Parasound P/HP-850, ASL Wave 20 monoblocks
    Klipsch RF-35, RB-51ii

[Car Audio]
    Pioneer Premier DEH-P860MP, Memphis 16-MCA3004, Boston Acoustic RC520
  • neomagus00
    neomagus00 Posts: 3,899
    edited November 2005
    because clearly, popularity implies performance...

and pbd, what exactly are you referring to when you say 'it' is leaking? your left nut? or the tire?
    It's not good, very fundamentally simply not good. - geolemon

"Its not good enough until we have real-time fearmongering. I want my fear mongered as it happens." - Shizelbs
  • audiobliss
    edited November 2005
    *sigh*

While my major premise may be based on Nitto's popularity, that doesn't nullify my argument. Do you have any proof that they're not a good tire?
    In Use
    Epson 8700UB

In Storage
    [Home Audio]
    Klipsch RF-35, RB-51ii

[Car Audio]
  • exalted512
    exalted512 Posts: 10,735
    edited November 2005
    yea, because if popularity meant perfection, then sony would be the best thing since women under 130
    -Cody
    Music is like candy, you have to get rid of the rappers to enjoy it
  • swerve
    edited November 2005
    LOL.

ANOREXIC WOMEN>.... I love em!
    cats.vans.bag...
  • Jstas
    Jstas Posts: 14,804
    edited November 2005
    Did I hear somebody say they want to race?
    Expert Moron Extraordinaire

You're just jealous 'cause the voices don't talk to you!
  • neomagus00
    edited November 2005
    audiobliss wrote:
    *sigh*

While my major premise may be based on Nitto's popularity, that doesn't nullify my argument. Do you have any proof that they're not a good tire?
    nope! do you have any proof they are a good tire? cause i can name a lot of brands that i already know are good... devil's advocate, my friend, that is all, devil's advocate...

"Its not good enough until we have real-time fearmongering. I want my fear mongered as it happens." - Shizelbs
  • POLKOROLLA
    POLKOROLLA Posts: 74
    edited November 2005
    check out tirerack.com they have great tire reviews from real consumers - i always value real people's opinions of products more than people who just review stuff for a living - and if i may put my .02 in bridgestone dueler h/t revo II are the best all around truck suv tire on the market - but thats just my opinion - also cooper tires are really good - i know they are not a big name brand but i have always had great performance from them
  • audiobliss
    edited November 2005
    neomagus00 wrote:
    nope! do you have any proof they are a good tire? cause i can name a lot of brands that i already know are good... devil's advocate, my friend, that is all, devil's advocate...

Nor do I have any proof. But, considering the types of cars reviewed in Popular Hotrodding (not just performance oriented...they're pure performance) and the fact that they're all privately owned does speak to the quality of Nitto. Also, I've read several instances in magazines like Sport Compact Car where the magazine was working on a car (modding the suspension, etc.) and slapped on some Nitto to take it around the skid pad. So considering the caliber of cars I've seen Nitto being popular with, I would have to conclude, without having an evidence, that Nitto's gotta be pretty good.

Of course, as my whole thinking process has been void of any evidence, I may be wrong.
    In Use
    Epson 8700UB

In Storage
    [Home Audio]
    Klipsch RF-35, RB-51ii

[Car Audio]
  • Jstas
    Jstas Posts: 14,804
    edited November 2005
    Oh wow. Consumer Reports has lost all credibility in my eyes since teh scandals where they were inetionally blowing up and rolling trucks and cars to fit what they THOUGHT the results should be or what someone PAID them to "find" about the competition. Consumer Reports is the grossest example of media fascism and consumer mindlessness on the planet. That and thier "tests" cannot possibly give them the info that they get from them.

Tire Rack reviews should be taken with a grain of salt. They are either "BEST TIRE EVAR!!!!" or "WORST TIRE EVAR!!!". Very rarely is there a happy medium on that site and you have to surf through a ton of reviews to get a good idea of what the quality of the tire really is.

As far as Nitto goes, just because a bunch of people use them doesn't mean they are great. About the only thing it means is that they are either really snazzy in thier design or they are cheaper than the competition. Honestly, there aren't too many spectacular tires from Nitto and thier greatest selling point is that they have a ton of different sizes. Basically, if you need a specific size and no one else has it, Nitto probably does. Does this mean they are junk tires? No way, but they are not the best all the time either. I've heard of many complaints and many praises for the tires in all aspects. Some people like them, some people don't. I've never used them because it seems that east coast availability is limited at best and they are hard to get.
    Expert Moron Extraordinaire

You're just jealous 'cause the voices don't talk to you!
  • swerve
    edited November 2005
    where do I get good tire reviews?
    cats.vans.bag...
  • neomagus00
    edited November 2005
    audiobliss wrote:
    Nor do I have any proof. But, considering the types of cars reviewed in Popular Hotrodding (not just performance oriented...they're pure performance) and the fact that they're all privately owned does speak to the quality of Nitto. Also, I've read several instances in magazines like Sport Compact Car where the magazine was working on a car (modding the suspension, etc.) and slapped on some Nitto to take it around the skid pad. So considering the caliber of cars I've seen Nitto being popular with, I would have to conclude, without having an evidence, that Nitto's gotta be pretty good.
    no, i'd say that's good evidence, but the interesting bit is the spin jstas put on it... same exact info, nearly the same argument, and a different conclusion... humm...

and when i shop for tires on tirerack.com, i dig through the reviews to find the BAD ones and the ones with high mileage; the bad ones give me some sense of what i might want to watch out for (cause jstas is right, most are 10++++ BEST TIRE IN EXISTENCE NEVER BUY ANYTHING ELSE!!!1!11!!), and the high mileage people have had significant experience driving on the tire, they know much more than the people who post after 200 miles...

• PoweredByDodge
    edited November 2005
    ... the tire.
  • neomagus00
    edited November 2005
    ... the tire.
    just makin sure :p