overkill?

Stocks_sd
Stocks_sd Posts: 28
edited February 28 in Clubhouse Archives
I need some opinions here. I'm looking to buy rear surrounds for a future 6.1/7.1 set up before the rti series is gone. Right now I have rt35i's as surrounds and was thinking of buying another pair for the rear surrounds. My room is only about 14ft wide and I'm thinking this might be too much. ???
If it is, what do you think about using my cs245i that's boxed up in the closet?

Thanks
Post edited by RyanC_Masimo on

Comments

• scottvamp
    scottvamp Posts: 3,277
    edited April 2002
    Holy Cow!!!! This question has been coming up about 3 times a day. It is blowing the sub questions away.
    Anyway, I chose the cs245i for my 6th channel and it was the perfect chose for me. It is seemless with my fx500i's. Check out my system showcase. cs400 was an overkill for me!!!
    LOL:)
    Smeone just asked the same exact question with the same surrounds on another thread.
  • mantis
    mantis Posts: 17,031
    edited April 2002
    Using the cs245i as surround back is a great idea. You already have it, it will cost you no money.As far as the rt35i's on the side, yeah I see why your concerned.They will stick out into the room a bit.If you can find a pair of fx/500 or if not the fx/300 will do.
    The rt35i's are kinda deep for side placement,but try different placement's and high/lower to try to get them to work.
    Dan
    My personal quest is to save to world of bad audio, one thread at a time.
  • Stocks_sd
    Stocks_sd Posts: 28
    edited April 2002
    Thanks for the replies. (Sorry for repeating questions already asked)

I used to use my 35's for front speakers. They were amazing at filling the room with sound and it just seems to me that four in the back is kind of pointless. Maybe I'm wrong. I don't know. I guess that's the question I was really asking. Am I going to be missing anything by going with 6.1 instead of 7.1?

Maybe I'll pick up a pair anyways. You know, JUST IN CASE. They're so cheap right now it's hard not to.

Only one problem though.........."the other half"

Think I can weasel my way into another pair? Hmmm
    It is my birthday on Sunday. LOL
  • mantis
    mantis Posts: 17,031
    edited April 2002
    to tell you the truth..........
    you won't miss much from 5.1 to 6.1/7.1
    Dan
    My personal quest is to save to world of bad audio, one thread at a time.