Riding With The King and Hotel California DVD-A

Options
DAlba
DAlba Posts: 124
edited April 2002 in Music & Movies
RUN!!! and go buy a DVD-A player.

I never really was too impressed with the stereo sound of my RT5000p system but DAMN, DVD-A completley changed that. It sounds great!

I just received these two disc from www.dvdplanet.com today. They only charge about $18 per disc plus you get 5% back through ebates. They are hands down the best music albums I have ever heard. The clarity is amazing and 5.1 mix is superb.
Post edited by DAlba on

Comments

• PETERNG
    PETERNG Posts: 918
    edited April 2002
    Options
    been there, done that, just waiting for the Queen's DVD-A is to be released by the end of this month...cheers...
  • Micah Cohen
    Micah Cohen Posts: 2,022
    edited April 2002
    Options
    So Derick, expound a little on this topic.

Is DVD-A the next great thing? What exactly is the diff, what are the things that make it different and better? Describe what we're missing (those of us without DVD-A at the moment). Give me a short review here of what to listen for on those discs, and what DVD-A is delivering that regular CDs are not.

I want to know more.

MC
    ultramicah@yahoo.com

"There's nothing funny about a clown in the moonlight." - Lon Chaney
  • DAlba
    DAlba Posts: 124
    edited April 2002
    Options
    Micah...Get back to work! BTW, can't wait for our next polk newspaper.

I will post a review shortly but first I am going to go watch a Mooovie.
  • nascarmann
    nascarmann Posts: 1,464
    edited April 2002
    Options
    Micah...Get back to work! BTW, can't wait for our next polk newspaper.

I will post a review shortly but first I am going to go watch a Mooovie

Man! That's brave to talk to the General that way!:D
    Oh, the bottle has been to me, my closes friend, my worse enemy!
  • Micah Cohen
    Micah Cohen Posts: 2,022
    edited April 2002
    Options
    I gotta take that crap from YOU now, too?!

Newspaper's being built. Jenny wimped out, so Michele is designing it out-of-house; might take some time. Coupla weeks at best. (Cool stuff in it tho: How to swap out your car speakers, install Atriums anywhere, why the DS System performs so well, a Paul DiComo special, and Matt Polk's own Professional Speaker Evaluation Demo-CD list, among other cool stuff!) We missed out on being able to do an April Fools thing. Oh well.

Post, soldier! Post!

Hup!

General Micah
    ultramicah@yahoo.com

"There's nothing funny about a clown in the moonlight." - Lon Chaney
  • ziplin
    ziplin Posts: 36
    edited April 2002
    Options
    Dvd Audio is the Reason I Bought four RT800i's. When I auditioned Dvd Audio at a friends house he had Emerson Lake & Palmer's Brain Salad Surgery on. I have listened to that recording for years and for the first time heard it the way ELP had ment for it to be heard! I was totally immersed in the music and the details that came from all sides of me were stunning.
    I hope they don't trash this format because of lack of support, seeing the lack of timely software releases. Still listen to my 33.3 LPs and two channel, but Dvd Audio is the cats meow!
  • joe logston
    joe logston Posts: 882
    edited April 2002
    Options
    its a shame the way they, the music industries. do this to the public. they should have more dematrations, and advertisment , to show how much better dvd-audio format is than 2 channel. buy the time every one realies the fact of the mater, it will be gone.
    . rt-7 mains
    rt-20p surounds
    cs-400i front center
    cs-350 ls rear center
    2 energy take 5, efects
    2- psw-650 , subs
    1- 15" audiosource sub

lets all go to the next ces.
  • ziplin
    edited April 2002
    Options
    So True, So Very True
  • gidrah
    gidrah Posts: 3,049
    edited April 2002
    Options
    I'll probably get Brain Salad Surgery (DVD-A) to play on my DVD. I can't afford a DVD-A yet and will be missing some, but WTF.

P.S. The Eagles suck! Nowhere in history has there been a more talented group of individuals that culminate to so little. That's just how I feel. Flame on Johnny Storm.
    Make it Funky! :)
  • mantis
    mantis Posts: 17,056
    edited April 2002
    Options
    dvd audio is a 6 channel audio format, unlike sacd which can be 2 or 6 channels.
    I have both.I'm also waiting for the Queen disk to come out.Both formats sound really good.It this time I don't perfer one over the other.I just wish they would release more music.The software is comming out way to slow.

MICAH,
    if you don't own sacd or dvd-audio,your not missing to much unless theres music thats out on the formats that you like.
    It's not a bad idea to buy a player that can play both so If one format dies(which I don't think ones going to).However the quality of sound yuo gain from these formats is worth the adventure in.
    Pioneer and Apex are the only ones who make a combo player right now , but more is suppost to follow.
    Dan
    Dan
    My personal quest is to save to world of bad audio, one thread at a time.
  • ziplin
    edited April 2002
    Options
    if you don't own sacd or dvd-audio,your not missing to much unless theres music thats out on the formats that you like.

That's what caught my eye at first, all my oldies but goodies were out on dvd-audio. They were releaseing two or three a month, now it seems hardly any (that I Like).

I have a Toshiba 5700 and as more duel format players enter the field, I'll probably end up with one and the Toshiba will end up in the flea market LOL.
  • mantis
    mantis Posts: 17,056
    edited April 2002
    Options
    thats the only down side to dvd audio and sacd not enough software to go around.
    Dan
    My personal quest is to save to world of bad audio, one thread at a time.