What movie are you wanting to see most?

shack
shack Posts: 11,154
edited April 2002 in Music & Movies
I don't care what Micah and Ron-P think. For me it is Star Wars Episode II.
"Just because you’re offended doesn’t mean you’re right." - Ricky Gervais

"For those who believe, no proof is necessary. For those who don't believe, no proof is possible." - Stuart Chase

"Consistency requires you to be as ignorant today as you were a year ago." - Bernard Berenson
Post edited by shack on

Comments

• Aaron
    Aaron Posts: 1,853
    edited April 2002
    Definitely Episode II, but I'm pretty psyched about seeing Spiderman, too. I've had both dates on my calendar for quite some time now.

Aaron
  • ntculenuff
    ntculenuff Posts: 1,146
    edited April 2002
    i can not wait until all but the scorpion come out on dvd.. i will watch the scorpion but i can wait unlike the other 3 hopefully by christmas they will release the dvd's for the christmas gift buying..i hope, i hope, i hope
    Speakers:
    Definitive BP7001sc mains
    Definitive C/L/R 3000 center
    Polk RT800i's rears
    Definitive supercube I Sub
    Audio:
    Onkyo TX-NR3010
    Emotiva XPA five Gen 3
    OPPO BDP-103 CD, SACD, DVD-A
    Video:
    Panasonic TC-P65ZT60
    OPPO BDP-103 Bluray
    Directv x's 2
  • kanicker
    kanicker Posts: 86
    edited April 2002
    I'll see Spidey, but I can't imagine that it will blow me away...

Episode II, I predict will surprise alot of folks...

Now if there was a Wolverine movie... no costume, portray him as "Patch" or his Samurai background then I'd be in line 3 weeks early for that...
  • gidrah
    gidrah Posts: 3,049
    edited April 2002
    I am sooo looking forward to Spiderman. Is Danny Elfman doing the soundtrack? Man, I hope so.

I will see EPII, but that's a gimme'. I look forward to it but not as much.

Scorpion King and MiBII - I'll wait for the reviews. Scorpion King looks good, but I have low expectations. Even lower expectations for MiBII, but I'll rent it.
    Make it Funky! :)
  • mantis
    mantis Posts: 17,056
    edited April 2002
    All of the above!!!
    Star Wars ep2 is pumping me up the most.
    Dan
    My personal quest is to save to world of bad audio, one thread at a time.
  • Strong Bad
    Strong Bad Posts: 4,276
    edited April 2002
    Episode 2 for me followed closely by Spiderman. I'm pumped for both. Episode 2 will surprise alot of people. I think Lucas has learned a little from #1. Jar Jar has (supposedly) a very limited role in this one and the movie (again supposedly) has a good pace throughout.

Personally, I wasn't overly joyed with the original MIB, so #2 is a big wait and see.

Scorpion King...yeah I'll see it. Previews look cool.

John
    No excuses!
  • lax01
    lax01 Posts: 496
    edited April 2002
    You guys didn't ever learn the old saying:

FOOL ME ONCE, SHAME ON YOU, FOOL ME TWICE, SHAME ON ME!

??

Do you remember Episode I? :D

I voted Spiderman because Episode II looks incredibly artificial, meaning the movie relies on CGs instead of decent acting.

Scorpion King? Tell me you are kidding? The ROCK? Need I say more?
    I will not even rent that POS.

MiB 2, look promising, but repetive.

SPIDERMAN looks good because no one has ever done a Spiderman movie, live action or cartoon. It should a good flick. And then when the Superbit Deluxe DVD comes out, I will be all over that.
  • johnnyamerika
    johnnyamerika Posts: 382
    edited April 2002
    ep II followed closely by spidey. I still have hope, what can I say. You can be sure, though, I won't bother with SK or MIBII, bleh yuk...
  • Ron-P
    Ron-P Posts: 8,516
    edited April 2002
    That's not fair, there is no option for 'none'.

*The Scorpion King (looks completely stupid...maybe a free rental)

*Spiderman (Same as Batman, X-Men....cool, but no need to waste $8.50)

*Star Wars Episode II (looks just like Ep.I, with even a more cartoon look. I'll buy the DVD.)

*Men In Black II (same as the first with different aliens and hopefully different jokes, yeah, I'll buy the DVD.)

All of these can wait for DVD. But, there is one...and I will put on my flame suit, but I must see it in the theaters.

01.jpg

Peace Out~:D
    If...
    Ron dislikes a film = go out and buy it.
    Ron loves a film = don't even rent.
  • juice21
    juice21 Posts: 1,866
    edited April 2002
    i voted for EPII, but it's followed closely by spider man

smiley_spidey.gif spider sense is tingling...:D
  • juice21
    juice21 Posts: 1,866
    edited April 2002
    ugggh, star trek...:rolleyes:

did i just say that outl loud?
  • goingganzo
    goingganzo Posts: 2,793
    edited April 2002
    dont be knocking treck ron is that a newmovie they are comeing out with? if it isint i dont rember it. i voted for spiderman but did you know that starwars was filmed on digital cameras and all movies might go that way but then you will be seing a higher ticket cost
  • Fly B
    Fly B Posts: 18
    edited April 2002
    Generally, I only hit the theater 3-5 times a year. I've been for BLADE II, and wasn't disappointed. I, too, will be there for NEMESIS--sure, some of the bloom is off the Trek rose for me, (ENTERPRISE: to boringly go where everyone has gone before)but I can't let go entirely.

Out of the list of flicks presented:

SPIDER-MAN, definitely. I'll brave the high ticket prices, crowds and sticky floors for this one. Just once, though. Then probably buy the DVD.

EP II can only be an improvement over EP I, so I'll probably go for that, too--and subsequently buy the DVD (unless this flick somehow sucks more than TPM)

MIB II: was pleasantly surprised by the first one, but will more than likely wait for DVD rental on for the sequel.

THE SCORPION KING: yeah, that'll be rental only (if I see it at all).
  • nascarmann
    nascarmann Posts: 1,464
    edited April 2002
    All of these can wait for DVD. But, there is one...and I will put on my flame suit, but I must see it in the theaters.

I'm with you! But need a flame suit!:) Can you rent them?:D
    Oh, the bottle has been to me, my closes friend, my worse enemy!
  • goingganzo
    goingganzo Posts: 2,793
    edited April 2002
    but man are there some crasys that have ben waiting in line for a ticket for a while now that is just crazy
  • petrym
    petrym Posts: 1,912
    edited April 2002
    You can check out all the latest trailers at: http://www.apple.com/trailers/

Direct shot to Spiderman trailer http://www.apple.com/trailers/columbia/spiderman/ The girl in one scene is, shall we say, wet and cold...
  • lax01
    lax01 Posts: 496
    edited April 2002
    Is it a tid bit nipply in here is or is it just me? :D