AW/M2 problem

Options
tomwalch
tomwalch Posts: 3
edited September 2005 in Troubleshooting
I have a pair of AW/M2s for rear surround speakers. They are, mounted on the wall and one of the brackets broke so the speaker fell about 6 feet to the ground. I tested them and the one that fell worked fine, but it appeared the fall has loosened the tweeter from the case and it is just knocking around inside the case. Does anyone know the trick on how to get the case open so I can re-attach the tweeter? I have taken all of the screws off the back of the unit, but the case will not budge. They are out of warranty, so I either try to fix them myself or buy new ones.

Thanks,
Tom
Post edited by tomwalch on

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 7,658
    edited September 2005
    Options
    Hello Tom,
    The AWM2 can be a little tricky to take apart. There is a front baffle, which has the tweeter and driver mounted on it, that is silicone sealed to the enclosure. After removing the screws, on the back, you would want to use a putty knife to loosen the joint areas where the baffle meets the sides of the cabinet. The broad blade of the putty knife prevents any stress on the cabinet edges.
    Also, if you can give me your address I can send replacement all-metal brackets, at no charge.
    Regards, Ken
  • tomwalch
    edited September 2005
    Options
    Ken,

Thank you for the advice. I will give it a try.

Regarding the brackets, I made a call into your customer support department about a week and a half ago and they said they would mail me some new brackets. The woman I spoke to said they would go out the next day, but I haven't gotten them yet.

My address is 1250 Kreiser Terrace SE, Grand Rapids, MI 49506. Is there any way for you to check to see if they have been sent before you send another pair?

Thanks,
    Tom
  • tomwalch
    edited September 2005
    Options
    Ken,

I have been working on this since I posted my last message and I am not having much luck. I see where the seams are, but it is not coming apart and I am damaging the cabinet. Since the speaker seems to work, I hate to throw it out and buy new ones, but I would imagine that getting it serviced will cost me at least $100. ****. I will keep trying.

Tom
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 7,658
    edited September 2005
    Options
    Hello Tom,
    It might be a good idea if you could telephone me at 1-800-377-7655 extension 891. I'm sure I can be of help.
    Ken