Some Results

Options
fabian1
fabian1 Posts: 218
edited February 28 in Clubhouse Archives
I thought I would share some results of my recent back surgery and I have been told this is the best I can expect for the rest of my lousey life 1/ posture=normal 2/ power=normal 3/range of movement=restricted 4/tolerance to activity=poor 5/straight leg raising,left20 degrees,right 48 degrees 6/gait, using cane 7/max walking distance 500 yards 8/ sitting max 45mins, standing max 30 mins Weight lifting max capacity 6kgs around 13 pounds. And to top it off the insurance bas???? dont want to payup.....life sucks at the moment..........Fabian
The Wonder From Downunder
Post edited by RyanC_Masimo on

Comments

• dean/klipschead
    dean/klipschead Posts: 295
    edited April 2002
    Options
    will you be pain free though?
    Dean
    Quicksilver M-60 monoblocks - JM 200 Peach Linestage - Sony DVP-S9000ES - '03 modified Klipschorns

"I'm sure it's better than it sounds."-- Mark Twain, when asked what he thought about Wagner's music
  • fabian1
    fabian1 Posts: 218
    edited April 2002
    Options
    Pain free, NO they tell me, and they say I should accept it. I told them that is an attitde of losers and told them I will go to the States and find a cure to which it realy pissed those egotistical doctors......Fabian
    The Wonder From Downunder
  • joe6pak
    joe6pak Posts: 267
    edited April 2002
    Options
    Hello Fabian. I had those test done twice. The 1st time was one year after my fusion surgery. The next test was 8 months after my 3rd ( and last ) surgery. I scored about the same both times. My results were a bit better than yours but pain free is not in my future. How long has it been since your surgery? I was told that these tests needed to be done several months post surgery.
    While it is understandable that you are mad, try not to let it overwhelm you. I know that is way easier to say than do. Just try not to take it out on those close to you. Send me another email, anytime and as often as you like. I know what you are going through and it really sucks.
    joe
  • mantis
    mantis Posts: 17,056
    edited April 2002
    Options
    I feel bad.........I wish you well!!!
    Dan
    My personal quest is to save to world of bad audio, one thread at a time.
  • sgtgto
    sgtgto Posts: 310
    edited April 2002
    Options
    Fabian:

I feel your pain and pray you will grow to accept your disability. You might make a visit to a nursing home, like I do sometimes, and you will gain a whole new prospective. I know that no matter how much I hurt or how bad things seem there is always someone with worse circumstances. That helps me to stay focused on others and keep my mind off of myself.

Find someone that is in worse physical shape than you and help them with their situation and I know you will be rewarded. Try it it works.

Sincerely,

Gary