Got some static.

Options
R1tt83
R1tt83 Posts: 10
edited September 2005 in Troubleshooting
Im not sure if this pertains to the Buzz thread , but Im having some static coming from my right surround channel not the speaker. I switched the right speaker (Running R15s) to the left and the noise is gone. Could it be my wires ? Thanks for your help.
Center - CS1
L+R - Monitor 50
Surround - R15
Sub - HSU STF-1
Receiver - Onkyo SR503B
Post edited by R1tt83 on

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 7,658
    edited September 2005
    Options
    Hello,
    While not impossible, most likely it's not the wires. Is the static there on all program material? In other words, do you hear it when you play CDs and listen to FM radio? Or, is it only there when you are listening to one particular source?
    Regards, Ken
  • R1tt83
    R1tt83 Posts: 10
    edited September 2005
    Options
    Its there when I play movies/games/music , etc. But I did connect the wrong connections for the speaker though : mixed up the positive and negative , ran it the other way. And to note that this buzzing noise just happened all of a sudden. Never happened when I first hooked it up. Wouldnt have to do anything with my receiver would it ? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
    Center - CS1
    L+R - Monitor 50
    Surround - R15
    Sub - HSU STF-1
    Receiver - Onkyo SR503B
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 7,658
    edited September 2005
    Options
    Hello,
    Connecting the wires in reverse polarity won't cause any harm, except effect bass performance and imaging (which isn't too critical in the two surround channels, anyway). If you have swapped the two speakers and it doesn't remain with the speaker, then the receiver is the most likely cause. If it is a new purchase I'm sure the store will exchange it for you.
    Regards, Ken