Computer speaker probs

Options
RODZILLA
RODZILLA Posts: 2
edited August 2005 in Troubleshooting
RODZILLA 08-16-2005 11:43 PM

Wazup 'all?!

Brand-spankin' new to this site! Took me a while to get this far with my problem. I have a small, ~4 in., pair of "Polk Audio" speakers which, I guess, came with my HP Pavilion 533w Desktop, running XP Home, which was recently given to me. I guess a system recovery was done a while back, and now the speakers aren't being recognized, or any audio devices. There are several Audio, Video & Multimedia Codec related entries installed in Device Mgr. with no conflicts. How do I get these darn things to work. Appreciate any suggestions! Thanks Much!

RODZILLA

Comments

• Joey_V
    Joey_V Posts: 8,524
    edited August 2005
    Options
    You have to install the audio drivers. Go look for it online - perphaps something along the lines of AC'97 or something like that. It must be for your motherboard... you probably wont know it's exact manufacturer and model number.

Best thing to do is to go to the HP support site, search your PC's model # and download the drivers for the motherboard and audio.
    Magico, JL, Emm, ARC Ref 10 line, ARC Ref 10 phono, VPI, Lyra, Boulder, AQ Wel, SRA Scuttle Rack, Bluesound