C300.2 - Why the price drops?

13»

Comments

• PoweredByDodge
    PoweredByDodge Posts: 4,185
    edited August 2005
    eh, i kinda had to give up on the past.

i got my 88 ram, but i had to make sacrifices and innovations to build it - i had to give up on the original computer controlled central point fuel injection. parts to rebuild it are nare impossible to find and quite honestly no one knows HOW to rebuild it. in comes a carburetor. gave up on the original electrical system and switches, all busted, erratic, or otherwise screwed up. in comes my own little invention. gave up on the ammeter, switched to a 94 and up volt meter (fits nicely in the original cluster though). point is - the past never really was that great - you take a nice body, a good motor, and add a little modern finesse and you've got something nice.
    The Artist formerly known as PoweredByDodge
  • cjinphilly
    cjinphilly Posts: 8
    edited October 2005
    If everyone else has them marked dowsn, why are still listed MSRP on the Polk page? If they are trying to reduce inventory they should also advertise the discounted price. I'd buy one
  • Thom
    Thom Posts: 723
    edited October 2005
    What does the price on our page have to do with anything? That's what we think it should sell for. If a dealer is selling it for cheaper, that's incentive to buy one while they're at that price. Why would the suggested retail price on our site keep you from buying one cheaper?
  • 1996blackmax
    1996blackmax Posts: 2,436
    edited October 2005
    cjinphilly wrote:
    If everyone else has them marked dowsn, why are still listed MSRP on the Polk page? If they are trying to reduce inventory they should also advertise the discounted price. I'd buy one

If you can get one from an authorized dealer at a great price, what is the problem? If I was in the market for a 2ch. amp I would jump all over that amp.
    Alpine: CDA-7949
    Alpine: PXA-H600
    Alpine: CHA-S624, KCA-420i, KCA-410C
    Rainbow: CS 265 Profi Phase Plug / SL 165
    ARC Audio: 4150-XXK / 1500v1-XXK
    JL Audio: 10W6v2 (x2)
    KnuKonceptz
    Second Skin
  • exalted512
    exalted512 Posts: 10,735
    edited October 2005
    how about a pontiac solstice? those are cool little cars
    -Cody
    Music is like candy, you have to get rid of the rappers to enjoy it
  • cjinphilly
    edited October 2005
    I was referring to the earlier post in this thread that the discounted pricing for the c300 that people had reported was due to Polk trying to reduce their inventory. My question was, well, if polk is trying to reduce their inventory then wouldn't it make sense to match what the retailers are selling for? :)
  • Thom
    edited October 2005
    What do you mean? We sell direct for that price?
  • cjinphilly
    edited October 2005
    Someone earlier in this thread stated that the reason some people were finding the c300.2 discounted at dealers was because Polk wanted to lower their inventory of the 2 channel amp so they sold it at a discounted price to dealers. My only comment was that if Polk is trying to lower their inventory on this product, they should also offer it discounted to the customers through polk.com. That's all.
  • Thom
    edited October 2005
    We don't sell the amps at any price, and I still don't understand what the difference is between buying from us (if we sold them), or buying from an authorized dealer.

Some dealers were selling them for less than they bought them from us. We'd have to lower our price and lose more money. If a dealer is willing to throw away money to get people into the store, that's their business...

Other places like Crutchfield and Sounddomain offered a great price, so order through them. If you have access to this site, you can find those sites, too.
  • DaveSal
    DaveSal Posts: 15
    edited October 2005
    Just bought a C300.2 for $270 from Tweeter. While it's a good price for all that power, looks like I could've done a lot better based on other posts in this thread.

Love the amp, though. Now I'm finally doing justice to my MB Quart PCE 216s. Had been underpowering them with only 45w/ch for years. With 150 RMS, they sound sooooo nice.
    Pioneer 880PRS
    Polk C300.2
    MB Quart PCE 216
    Alpine MRP 350
    Polk GNX 104
  • MacLeod
    MacLeod Posts: 14,358
    edited October 2005
    You could go to sounddomain.com and pick one up for $200. Thats the best price Ive seen on them.
    polkaudio sound quality competitor since 2005
    MECA SQ Rookie of the Year 06 ~ MECA State Champ 06,07,08,11 ~ MECA World Finals 2nd place 06,07,08,09
    08 Car Audio Nationals 1st ~ 07 N Georgia Nationals 1st ~ 06 Carl Casper Nationals 1st ~ USACi 05 Southeast AutumnFest 1st

polkaudio SR6500 --- polkaudio MM1040 x2 -- Pioneer P99 -- Rockford Fosgate P1000X5D