Setting up 2 Polk EX12 Subs

Options
iLLz
iLLz Posts: 2
edited August 2005 in Troubleshooting
I have a Crunch Drive DS-4002 amp and 2 Polk EX12 12" Subs. The subs are 400 watts max with an RMS of 150W. The amp according to (specs I got online) will push 400W x 2 @ 4 Ohms or 200 RMS x 2 @ 4 ohms. I believe I can also brige it to make it MONO @ 800W.

Now my question is, I hear you get more power out of the amp if you hook it up MONO and hook the speakers in parallel. Is this true? How do I do this. Sorry this is all new to me but I am a very smart individual and any advice is greatly apprciated. I want to hook this up the best way and get the best sound but unfortunately this is the equipment i have to work with. I know its not the best so i figrued you great people here could give me a hand in maximizing the performance out of this setup.

Can I bridge this amp which will make it MONO and Wire in parallel? I heard with 2 4-ohm speakers, that will make a 1-ohm load? Is that true? Or will it be a 2-Ohm load which is what I am hoping.

What is the best way, and if anyome could give me some background and details i would really appreciate it.

Thanks in advance,

iLLz
Post edited by iLLz on

Comments

• VR3
    VR3 Posts: 28,054
    edited August 2005
    Options
    Go to the Club Polk main page...

Scroll down. :)

(You will have better luck in the Car Audio section)
    - Not Tom ::::::: Any system can play Diana Krall. Only the best can play Limp Bizkit.