R15 Tweeter - Out?

Options
Schris22
Schris22 Posts: 983
edited August 2005 in Troubleshooting
I bought 2 pairs of r15's from outpost.com a while ago. Hmmm Probably in March or so. Well the second I get home or so I upgrade to R50's from the local fry's and borrow some R30's that my dad's not using. throw a CS1 into the mix and then back into the boxes the r15's go....

Until now..

Well I bought a onkyo stero receiver just for 2 channel ambient music to use in my bedroom. The weird part is that one of the r15's tweeter doesn't work. I couldn't figure it out. The sound was very distant and echo'y almost. I thought I reveresed the cables and that would fix it. Then I thought there might be a problem with the receiver, so I switched the cables around and it just happened to the one speaker. I then put my ears up to the working one with diana krall in. I heard the "metal" part of the drums and the high notes of the piano as well as a clear voice. I put my ear up to the other one i didn't hear really anything at all. I heard no brass and a echo'y weird voice (this was all coming from the midgrange driver) Nothing is coming from the tweeter.

What do I do?

Chris
Receiver: Onkyo TX-SR502-S
DVD Player: Pioneer DV-578A-S
Left and Right: R50
Center: CS1
Rear Center: R15
Surrounds: R30
Subwoofer: 10'' Dayton 100 Watt
Post edited by Schris22 on

Comments