I hate civics

2»

Comments

• PoweredByDodge
    PoweredByDodge Posts: 4,185
    edited August 2005
    from www.bankspower.com...

project sidewinder uses the following transmission:

"The New Venture Gear® transmission model No. NV5600 is a six-speed, manual shift model found in 4x2 Dodge Rams with either the V10 or the Cummins® 5.9L. turbo-diesel engine. Complete blueprinting was undertaken by the New Venture technicians, assuring that the transmission shifts smoothly and provides the highest level of reliability. Otherwise the gearbox is completely stock with the following gear ratios:

1st = 5.63
    2nd = 3.38
    3rd = 2.04
    4th = 1.39
    5th = 1.00
    6th = 0.73"

Fuel economy...

"Project Sidwinder gets 21.2 mpg" (miles per gallon)

As far as power...

The same site also states:

Horsepower = 735
    Foot pounds torque = 1300 (sorry, i over-guessed by 300 :rolleyes: )
    Maxinum RPM = 4000

*Taken from comparison to Ferrari Enzo.

This truck smokes vettes, ferrari's, porsche's, and more... Curb weight is 5,300 pounds, so it's no ****. When they went to the flats to test it out, media is there and they see a dodge dakota pulling a trailer, so Bank's crew unhooks the dakota, and opens the trailer ... everybody expects to see some crazy vehicle come out of the trailer... oh no... instead they pull a rear end and tires out of the trailer, do a quick swap for the track on the dakota, and they're all set to trial run it. it was nothing short of shocking... a true truck - so true it hauled it's own trailer to the track.
    The Artist formerly known as PoweredByDodge
  • MacLeod
    MacLeod Posts: 14,358
    edited August 2005
    exalted512 wrote:
    keep dreaming, mines turning 200k and the only thing thats been replaced is the alternator(my fault) and the master cylinder. the only thing dodge has ever done right is the cummins. now if only they had a transmission that could handle it...
    -Cody

Yeah, I know youre right. My moms boyfriend had one ('93 Silverado 4x2) that had 185,000 and the only thing that went out was the AC. And he took lousy care of it too! If he hadnt wrecked it he would still be driving it.

Funny thing is after he wrecked it he went out and bought a '95 Silverado 4x4 and has already put 140,000 on it with no problems except for the AC!!
    polkaudio sound quality competitor since 2005
    MECA SQ Rookie of the Year 06 ~ MECA State Champ 06,07,08,11 ~ MECA World Finals 2nd place 06,07,08,09
    08 Car Audio Nationals 1st ~ 07 N Georgia Nationals 1st ~ 06 Carl Casper Nationals 1st ~ USACi 05 Southeast AutumnFest 1st

polkaudio SR6500 --- polkaudio MM1040 x2 -- Pioneer P99 -- Rockford Fosgate P1000X5D
  • neomagus00
    neomagus00 Posts: 3,899
    edited August 2005
    it's enzo ferrari, dammit!

and that's pretty cool, about pulling your own trailer to the track... nice touch :)
    It's not good, very fundamentally simply not good. - geolemon

"Its not good enough until we have real-time fearmongering. I want my fear mongered as it happens." - Shizelbs
  • Thom
    Thom Posts: 723
    edited August 2005
    Actually it's "The Enzo Ferrari" :D

Damn trailer **** rear end and tires...
  • exalted512
    exalted512 Posts: 10,735
    edited August 2005
    i had an acura integra in the shop today...it took forever to get apart as well but it was much better than the civic overall.

these sr's have really come to life now. I honestly do not have a single complaint about the sound. They sound fantastic. The mid bass, mid range, and tweeter perfectly compliment each other and sound great. I couldnt be more pleased with em at this point...i have also yet to tune them, so we will see how much better these things can really get when i have some time
    -Cody
    Music is like candy, you have to get rid of the rappers to enjoy it
  • MacLeod
    MacLeod Posts: 14,358
    edited August 2005
    Yup, the SR's pretty much rule.

I dont like mine firing into the windshield though. Even though theyre aimed back they still hit the glass. You can tell it on CD's like Nightwish at loud volumes. My imaging is much better though.
    polkaudio sound quality competitor since 2005
    MECA SQ Rookie of the Year 06 ~ MECA State Champ 06,07,08,11 ~ MECA World Finals 2nd place 06,07,08,09
    08 Car Audio Nationals 1st ~ 07 N Georgia Nationals 1st ~ 06 Carl Casper Nationals 1st ~ USACi 05 Southeast AutumnFest 1st

polkaudio SR6500 --- polkaudio MM1040 x2 -- Pioneer P99 -- Rockford Fosgate P1000X5D
  • neomagus00
    edited August 2005
    Thom wrote:
    Damn trailer **** rear end and tires...
    you sound really pissed, that's barely in english, much less a complete thought or sentence :)

"Its not good enough until we have real-time fearmongering. I want my fear mongered as it happens." - Shizelbs
  • AustinKP
    AustinKP Posts: 861
    edited August 2005
    I'm a Dodge mechanic so I see this problem all the time. I think if you look again, you'll find that you have a faulty flux capacitor. It's a common Ram problem that you'd never think to check. They're just kinda hard to see because they are right underneath the rotary girder... ;)
    cody got a girlfriend? wow...

if you think the radio in a civic is hard, try finding an internal oil leak on a motor you just assembled and thought everything was 100% perfect. 0 psi at idle, 3 psi at 2500 rpm. not the oil pump, not the bearings (cam nor crank), not the bypass valve in the filter, not the filter, not the viscosity of the oil, not the oil drive mechanism from the distributor, and not the rear galley plugs nor the front galley plugs, nor the "thrust plate" that oils the timing gears/chain.

what's left? i dont friggin know... pulling the motor and considering scrapping it after dumping over 2,000 into it on performance parts.

i now have a 15,000 dollar planter box sitting in my back yard... i'm considering putting flowers in the bed.
    http://www.silverdragon.com/punkie/cybertusk/net.idiot.html - Read it, know it

Alpine 9815
    Polk MM6's in custom fiberglass door pods
    Ascendant Audio Atlas 12
    HiFonics Zeus ZX6400 - 85x2 + 350x1
    2 Gallons SecondSkin Spectrum V.2
  • PoweredByDodge
    edited August 2005
    Imma gonna kill you son... ;)
    AustinKP wrote:
    I'm a Dodge mechanic so I see this problem all the time. I think if you look again, you'll find that you have a faulty flux capacitor. It's a common Ram problem that you'd never think to check. They're just kinda hard to see because they are right underneath the rotary girder... ;)
  • neomagus00
    edited August 2005
    why? i did exactly that when i had low oil pressure, and it worked perfectly... i had to shove the positronic ECU out of the way to get at the cap, but it's all good...

• PoweredByDodge
    edited August 2005
    too much star trek kids