crossover with glue on it?

Options
gregmas
gregmas Posts: 3
edited July 2005 in Troubleshooting
hey guys - I sent my burned crossover to polk for replacement and the one i received has hot glue on the chipboard and connections. The speaker sounds like **** - could this be an attempted repair or is the the crossover with the glue on it normal. I have rti8 speakers, see my previous post for original problem.

thanks
Greg
Post edited by gregmas on

Comments

• VR3
    VR3 Posts: 28,054
    edited July 2005
    Options
    GLUE!

BP10BCrossover3.jpg

Glue is used to secure the parts, so they dont vibrate, come loose - etc.
    - Not Tom ::::::: Any system can play Diana Krall. Only the best can play Limp Bizkit.
  • danger boy
    danger boy Posts: 15,722
    edited July 2005
    Options
    what speaker does that crossover belong to?
    PolkFest 2012, who's going>?
    Vancouver, Canada Sept 30th, 2012 - Madonna concert :cheesygrin:
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,806
    edited July 2005
    Options
    If you cooked the crossover and tweeter, you may have cooked the driver(s) as well. Has the new crossover had time to burn in?

BTW, Sid is right. Using hot glue or the like is normal for crossovers.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• gregmas
    gregmas Posts: 3
    edited July 2005
    Options
    thanks for the picture man, I feel much better now. I was just worried because the old crossover didn't have any on it. I removed the speakers and crossover to check my work. When I reinstalled the second time, everything sounded great!

You guys all rock, thanks for taking time to help out

make mine POLK!!!!

Greg
  • VR3
    VR3 Posts: 28,054
    edited July 2005
    Options
    Originally posted by danger boy
    what speaker does that crossover belong to?

My BP10B before I had it modded.

Im willing to put bets that that speaker has been, or will be in production longer than most speakers ever will be. Going on 10 years and still going strong for another 2-3-4 years... ;)

Here is a pic of the modded versions... :p

BP10BCRossoverMod2.jpg

BP10BCRossoverMod.jpg
    - Not Tom ::::::: Any system can play Diana Krall. Only the best can play Limp Bizkit.