SL 1000 Tweeters for Sale

schwarcwschwarcw Posts: 7,208
edited July 2005 in For Sale (FS) Classifieds
For Sale: (4) SL1000 tweeters. I recently replaced the (4) tweeters in my SDA-2s with the new RD-0194 (so called silks). I am put the ones that I removed up for sale. These tweeters are in excellent operating condition, I purchased the speakers six weeks ago from the original owner. The dates on the back of the tweeters are written in ink by hand as Feb. 1984. I have the packaging material from the new tweeters that I purchased from Polk. I will ship these tweeters to the buyer with this packing. My preference is to sell these in pairs for $35 per pair, $60 for all four plus shipping. I don’t have any pictures at this time, I can provide those later this evening or tomorrow. Thanks!

Carl
Carl

Post edited by schwarcw on

Comments

• dorokusaidorokusai Posts: 25,435
    edited July 2005
    I'll take a pair.

[email protected]
  • F1nutF1nut Posts: 42,424
    edited July 2005
    Doro and I will take all 4 for $60.00.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

edited July 2005
    Originally posted by F1nut
    Doro and I will take all 4 for $60.00.
    Yea baby :D
  • schwarcwschwarcw Posts: 7,208
    edited July 2005
    How do you want me to ship them? 2 to Doro and 2 to Jesse?

Carl
    Carl

• F1nutF1nut Posts: 42,424
    edited July 2005
    Nah, ship all 4 to Doro. I'll pay him and pick them up next time I'm over for dinner.

Thanks
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

edited July 2005
    Carl - Email me and we'll wrap this up.

[email protected]
  • DarqueKnightDarqueKnight Posts: 6,557
    edited July 2005
    Originally posted by F1nut
    Nah, ship all 4 to Doro. I'll pay him and pick them up next time I'm over for dinner.

Jesse, if you haven't already done so, you might want to contact the seller and have him put a secret mark on the tweeters. I don't want you to fall victim to the infamous switcheroo.;)
    "So hot it burns Mice!"~DK
    "Polk SDA-SRSs are hopelessly out of date both sonically and technologically... I see no value whatsoever in older SDA speakers."~Audio Asylum Member
    "Knowledge, without understanding, is a path to failure."~DK
    "Those who irrationally rail against something or someone that is no threat to them, actually desire (or desire to be like) the thing or person they are railing against."~DK
    edited July 2005
    Damn you Raife :)
  • RuSsMaNRuSsMaN Posts: 17,995
    edited July 2005
    Fun times.
    Check your lips at the door woman. Shake your hips like battleships. Yeah, all the white girls trip when I sing at Sunday service.
    edited July 2005
    Carl - I received the tweeters today, thanks very much. They are in excellent condition. Let me know if there's anything I can do for you in the future.

I expect to see you at Polkfest beings you're so close ;)
  • schwarcwschwarcw Posts: 7,208
    edited July 2005
    Doro,

Your very welcome! I knew you would be pleased. The SDAs were in excellent condition when I bought them about six weeks ago. There wasn't a scratch on the wood or any marks on the grille. All the speakers were pristine! The best $100 I ever spent. Since then, I now own a pair of RTi28s for my surrounds and a CSi40 for the center speaker. I am still amp limited. I own a cheap Onkyo SR-500. Actually, it sounds pretty good, but I need much more power to make the SDAs sing in two channel mode. Consider me a beginner.

I am going to try and get to Polkfest. It is very close, four hours and I'm there.

Carl
    Carl