Problem with DS7200

Options
tserface
tserface Posts: 2
edited July 2005 in Troubleshooting
I've been happily using my Polk Audio system for just over a year now and last night the Center and Subwoofer speakers stopped working. The other 4 speakers still work fine. I tried switching out speakers and it is the channel that is not working (the speakers work on other channels). My system is a DS7200. I already miss my surround sound. Any advice on how to fix it? I checked all the connections, did the system reset, etc. Like I said, it's been working great for just over a year (I use it all the time and brag to everyone who visits our house). Thanks,

Tom
Post edited by tserface on

Comments

• tserface
    tserface Posts: 2
    edited July 2005
    Options
    Update:

I sent this same email through the "Contact Us" link on the website and got a reply within 20 minutes. I did as the support person suggested and my system works like a charm again. I was very impressed with the quick support and the easy to follow directions to fix my problem. Thanks to Ken at Polk Audio...

"In all likelihood the amplifier that powers the center and sub-woofer has gone into protection mode. You would need to un-plug the sub-woofer's AC power cord and leave it un-plugged for at least 15 minutes. Then re-plug the AC power cord and the system should be fine.

Go to page 20, of the owner's manual and make sure you've done the set-up and calibration we describe on this page. Once you have balanced the system begin playing a CD that you feel has well recorded bass information. Turn the bass level all of the way down, then gradually increase the bass level until you can just detect the sub-woofer as a separate sound source. When you reach this level stop and then very slightly reduce the bass level. This will calibrate your system, get the bass level adjusted properly and prevent a future problem."