ever seen anything like this?

2»

Comments

• exalted512
    exalted512 Posts: 10,735
    edited July 2005
    as far as usamps goes, tube amps are actually cheaper than their a/b friends
    -Cody
    Music is like candy, you have to get rid of the rappers to enjoy it
  • Thom
    Thom Posts: 723
    edited July 2005
    RCAs don't usually make a difference, but there's been a car or two that had noise that we couldn't quite get rid of. Pulling out the shielded RCAs and replacing them with unshielded (cheap) RCAs got rid of the noise. No differences in sound, stage width, height, etc. though... :D
  • exalted512
    exalted512 Posts: 10,735
    edited July 2005
    so you had noise, but you pulled out the shielded and replaced them with crappy ones and the noise went away??? strange indeed.

i like my streetwires. if i cant find another set of SW 5.0s in a 16' length im switching over to SW ZN6.
    -Cody
    Music is like candy, you have to get rid of the rappers to enjoy it
  • Jstas
    Jstas Posts: 14,804
    edited July 2005
    The sheilding can cause ground loop problems sometimes. I've had it happen especially with cars that have high volume fuel pumps. High pressure pumps usually draw more current and more current means bigger EM fields which affect more stuff.
    Expert Moron Extraordinaire

You're just jealous 'cause the voices don't talk to you!
  • MacLeod
    MacLeod Posts: 14,358
    edited July 2005
    Cars are just the worst possible environment to try and set up a quality sound system! Everything is against you from the start! Especially if you have a stock Bose system! ;)
    polkaudio sound quality competitor since 2005
    MECA SQ Rookie of the Year 06 ~ MECA State Champ 06,07,08,11 ~ MECA World Finals 2nd place 06,07,08,09
    08 Car Audio Nationals 1st ~ 07 N Georgia Nationals 1st ~ 06 Carl Casper Nationals 1st ~ USACi 05 Southeast AutumnFest 1st

polkaudio SR6500 --- polkaudio MM1040 x2 -- Pioneer P99 -- Rockford Fosgate P1000X5D