Stuck driver S6

Options
clifselina
clifselina Posts: 41
edited July 2005 in Troubleshooting
I just received a pair of S6 speakers. The active mid-woofer is stuck in a way that makes me suspect that the voice ciol and former were driven out of the magnetic gap and got stuck. I tried to remove the driver to inspect the cause (and see if I could correct the issue) but could not remove the driver. It feels like the driver is glued in. I don't want to break anything, but I do want to fix the speaker. Any advice?
So what if those speakers are as big as a Subaru and cost twice as much? You'll never have to trade these babies in and when you die, they can bury you in them.

And, if you can't afford them, F***ing FINANCE them!
Post edited by clifselina on

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 7,658
    edited July 2005
    Options
    Hello,
    It is very difficult to repair a driver once that happens, usually the edges of the voice coil former will be bent and cause scrapping against the sides of the voice coil gap. If you want to try you could gently remove the spyder (the fiber disc found at the rear of the cone) from the front surface of the magnet structure. Try not to tear this assembly. This will free up the suspension of the cone and allow it to move slightly forward in its travel. This should then allow the voice coil former to re-position itself in the gap. Then using a CA type glue (Crazy Glue or Super Glue) re-attach the spyder to the front face of the magnet structure.
    You can always order a replacement MW7000 driver from us at 1-800-377-7655 if your speaker surgery isn't successful.
    Regards, Ken