Rockford Fosgate-Made in the USA

MacLeod
MacLeod Posts: 14,358
edited July 2005 in Car Audio & Electronics
In case anybody doubted RF amps are made in the USA, theyve put a live webcam up so you can see them actually assembling them.

http://www.rockfordfosgate.com/cam/
polkaudio sound quality competitor since 2005
MECA SQ Rookie of the Year 06 ~ MECA State Champ 06,07,08,11 ~ MECA World Finals 2nd place 06,07,08,09
08 Car Audio Nationals 1st ~ 07 N Georgia Nationals 1st ~ 06 Carl Casper Nationals 1st ~ USACi 05 Southeast AutumnFest 1st

polkaudio SR6500 --- polkaudio MM1040 x2 -- Pioneer P99 -- Rockford Fosgate P1000X5D
Post edited by MacLeod on

Comments

• audiobliss
    audiobliss Posts: 12,518
    edited June 2005
    Ineteresting. Not quite as much action as I was hoping for, lol.
    Jstas wrote: »
    Simple question. If you had a cool million bucks, what would you do with it?
    Wonder WTF happened to the rest of my money.
    In Use
    PS3, Yamaha CDR-HD1300, Plex, Amazon Fire TV Gen 2
    Pioneer Elite VSX-52, Parasound HCA-1000A
    Klipsch RF-82ii, RC-62ii, RS-42ii, RW-10d
    Epson 8700UB

In Storage
    [Home Audio]
    Rotel RCD-02, Yamaha KX-W900U, Sony ST-S500ES, Denon DP-7F
    Pro-Ject Phono Box MKII, Parasound P/HP-850, ASL Wave 20 monoblocks
    Klipsch RF-35, RB-51ii

[Car Audio]
    Pioneer Premier DEH-P860MP, Memphis 16-MCA3004, Boston Acoustic RC520
  • ND13
    ND13 Posts: 7,601
    edited June 2005
    Yawn!!!! It's too late for that.
    "SOME PEOPLE CALL ME MAURICE,
    CAUSE I SPEAK OF THE POMPITIOUS OF LOVE"
  • swerve
    swerve Posts: 1,862
    edited June 2005
    that's pretty exciting... ...... i mean occasionaly you see a super hot looking arm.... mmmmm tasty.
    cats.vans.bag...
  • PolkThug
    PolkThug Posts: 7,532
    edited June 2005
    God bless RF. I can't seem to part with my old RF gear even though I haven't used it for about a year and a half.
  • Toxis
    Toxis Posts: 5,116
    edited June 2005
    Whatcha got PT?

I miss the Fosgate of old... SIGH!!
    Never kick a fresh **** on a hot day.

Home Setup: Sony VPL-VW85 Projo, 92" Stewart Firehawk, Pioneer Elite SC-65, PS3, RTi12 fronts, CSi5, FXi6 rears, RTi6 surround backs, RTi4 height, MFW-15 Subwoofer.

Car Setup: OEM Radio, RF 360.2v2, Polk SR6500 quad amped off 4 Xtant 1.1 100w mono amps, Xtant 6.1 to run an eD 13av.2, all Stinger wiring and Raammat deadener.
  • Thom
    Thom Posts: 723
    edited July 2005
    Originally posted by MacLeod
    In case anybody doubted RF amps are made in the USA, theyve put a live webcam up so you can see them actually assembling them.

http://www.rockfordfosgate.com/cam/

I don't think anybody doubted them, but there's another company that seems questionable...
  • PolkThug
    PolkThug Posts: 7,532
    edited July 2005
    Originally posted by Toxis
    Whatcha got PT?

I miss the Fosgate of old... SIGH!!

Two RF Punch Audiophile 12's and a Punch 60ix.
  • MacLeod
    edited July 2005
    Originally posted by Thom
    I don't think anybody doubted them, but there's another company that seems questionable...

Well, we wouldnt want to {tru tech} give any names {tru tech} or anything like that as that {tru tech} would be unprofessional! :D
    MECA SQ Rookie of the Year 06 ~ MECA State Champ 06,07,08,11 ~ MECA World Finals 2nd place 06,07,08,09
    08 Car Audio Nationals 1st ~ 07 N Georgia Nationals 1st ~ 06 Carl Casper Nationals 1st ~ USACi 05 Southeast AutumnFest 1st

polkaudio SR6500 --- polkaudio MM1040 x2 -- Pioneer P99 -- Rockford Fosgate P1000X5D
  • bknauss
    bknauss Posts: 1,441
    edited July 2005
    RF is supposedly going to ship some stuff overseas coming soon. Its going to be an extremely rare sight to see any product really made in the US.
    Brian Knauss
    ex-Electrical Engineer for Polk
  • MacLeod
    edited July 2005
    Thats fine with me. I like paying low prices for killer electronics!

• neomagus00
    neomagus00 Posts: 3,899
    edited July 2005
    There's no way you just said that...
    It's not good, very fundamentally simply not good. - geolemon

"Its not good enough until we have real-time fearmongering. I want my fear mongered as it happens." - Shizelbs
  • swerve
    edited July 2005
    Originally posted by neomagus00
    There's no way you just said that...
    he did. i wanted to say something like this the other day but i just left... dissapointed.

china and similiar places don't need to be making amps... they don't even have cars there... and they ones they do have 10 amp alternators and go about 5 mph down their 7 foot wide roads.
    cats.vans.bag...
  • VR3
    VR3 Posts: 28,529
    edited July 2005
    I would pay the extra price to buy an American made product, especially amps, preamps, CDPs...

Speakers are a tad different as I am very picky..

Canada made is ok too...

But to say its ok to ship everything over-seas is crazy, especially coming from captain america himself... (see OT threads)

Unfreakin Believable really... I guess this is why we constantly lose jobs I guess... from textile mills to electronics... people want cheaper and will, ironically...lose their job over buying the cheaper stuff...
    - Not Tom ::::::: Any system can play Diana Krall. Only the best can play Limp Bizkit.
  • swerve
    edited July 2005
    Originally posted by Vr3MxStyler2k3
    I would pay the extra price to buy an American made product, especially amps, preamps, CDPs...

Speakers are a tad different as I am very picky..

Canada made is ok too...

But to say its ok to ship everything over-seas is crazy, especially coming from captain america himself... (see OT threads)

Unfreakin Believable really... I guess this is why we constantly lose jobs I guess... from textile mills to electronics... people want cheaper and will, ironically...lose their job over buying the cheaper stuff...
    our own worst enemy!!!!!!!woooo
    cats.vans.bag...
  • audiobliss
    edited July 2005
    people want cheaper and will, ironically...lose their job over buying the cheaper stuff...

You, my friend, have hit the nail on the head.
    In Use
    Epson 8700UB

In Storage
    [Home Audio]
    Klipsch RF-35, RB-51ii

[Car Audio]
  • Thom
    Thom Posts: 723
    edited July 2005
    Originally posted by swerve

china and similiar places don't need to be making amps... they don't even have cars there... and they ones they do have 10 amp alternators and go about 5 mph down their 7 foot wide roads.

What?
  • swerve
    edited July 2005
    Originally posted by Thom
    What?
    :D:D:D just being an absolute moron. nothing i said was//is true but one thing is for sure....

hopefully within the next year all my amps be plastic and say "Made in China"
    cats.vans.bag...
  • MacLeod
    edited July 2005

Well Sid, when are we going to start losing these jobs? Alarmists have been saying this crap for decades! 20 years ago Japan was going to take all our jobs and we were going to be ruined. Now its China!! :rolleyes: Yet our economic growth over the last 25 years has been unreal! Unemployment is at level unthought of 20 years ago. Even with a war on, unemployment is down, personal income is up, gross domestic product is up, new home starts are up and you can go out and buy an excellent set of speakers for $200!

Just because we farm out the mindless "put round peg in round hole" jobs to China doesnt mean we're losing jobs over here. While we may loose the mindless jobs here, there are plenty more created by the booming economy to replace them.

An example would be about 15 years ago there were about 2 car audio manufacturers? Now there are 100's! Farming out mindless jobs to China makes things cheaper which boosts the economy and creates more jobs. Yeah, we've lost the mindless jobs to overseas but there have been plenty jobs created over here to replace them. One thing you have to remember my brother, is the economy and especially the job market is not static. Its constantly changing and growing. You cant think of it as there are "X" number of jobs in the country and if any go to China we'll be losing out.

Im all for a global economy and global trade. Im a diehard capitalist thru and thru. Its the best system going and it, along with freedom, is why this country is running rings around the rest of the world!

Captain America! LOL
    Thats the nicest thing youve ever said to me Sid! ;)

• exalted512
    exalted512 Posts: 10,735
    edited July 2005
    AMERICA! F*** YEAH. WERE OFF TO SAVE THE MOTHER ****ING DAY NOW!

sorry, i love that song though...
    -Cody
    Music is like candy, you have to get rid of the rappers to enjoy it
  • audiobliss
    edited July 2005
    haha! Never heard that one, either! lol
    In Use
    Epson 8700UB

In Storage
    [Home Audio]
    Klipsch RF-35, RB-51ii

[Car Audio]
  • neomagus00
    edited July 2005
    hehe... rock and roll F*** YEAH! the internet F*** YEAH! slavery F*** YEAH!

but as an addendum to mac's "Even with a war on, unemployment is down, personal income is up, gross domestic product is up, new home starts are up and you can go out and buy an excellent set of speakers for $200!" i remind him that the same thing happened in WWII... an interesting parallel...

unusually, i agree with him on this one, though i wouldn't exactly call the economy 'booming' - farming out call-center jobs to india may make support calls suck, but we also don't have to waste people on them here, and we're supporting another country... perhaps one day, in some way due to our support, india will become a force of its own and make all the cool little gadgets we want, and so 'pay' for itself in some capitalistic way...

this does create somewhat of a concern for the 'lower class' in this country, though... it's pretty much necessary to have a bachelor's degree to even be considered for a job anymore (and yes, that's a mild exaggeration, but not by much). what happens to those that can't afford college? they used to work in call centers... now what? (and that's an actual question, not a rhetorical one)

"Its not good enough until we have real-time fearmongering. I want my fear mongered as it happens." - Shizelbs
  • MacLeod
    edited July 2005
    That doesnt fly either.

Any nimrod can get a job in a warehouse loading trucks for $10/hr. Again, dont think of the job market as a static entity.

The economy recovered in WWII because of all the industry and manufactuering that came with a World War. The war on terror isnt quite the same. Especially when its in the middle of oil fields possibly disrupting the free flow of oil at market prices.

I would call the economy booming! Back around 1996 you wouldve thought we were in Utopia! Vitrually every newspaper hailed the economy as the best ever. GDP was unreal, unemployment was awesome! Personal income was at an all time high!! Wow! It was paradise! Well according to the numbers, the economy is better now! Hell, it wasnt too long ago that something like 6% unemployment was considered full employment! We're in the low 5%'s now!!

Hell, here in Chattanooga, unemployment is 3% and the suburbs are exploding in new houses being built. Yet, we've lost a bunch of manufacturing jobs but yet our local economy is one of the best in the WORLD!

• neomagus00
    edited July 2005
    i'm wondering, though, where those people go when their manufacturing job dies? what happens to them?

• swerve
    edited July 2005
    Originally posted by neomagus00
    i'm wondering, though, where those people go when their manufacturing job dies? what happens to them?
    they go down to the local swimmin' hole and say...

YYYYEEEAAAHHHHH.
    cats.vans.bag...
  • aaharvel
    aaharvel Posts: 4,489
    edited July 2005
    i'd like to chime in here if that's ok.
    Originally posted by MacLeod
    Just because we farm out the mindless "put round peg in round hole" jobs to China doesnt mean we're losing jobs over here. While we may loose the mindless jobs here, there are plenty more created by the booming economy to replace them.

Come on MacLeod: "Put round peg in round hole jobs"? Compared to their replacements, many, of these jobs being outsourced were higher-tech, higher skilled, and higher paying. Many of these jobs were in the computer and call-center industries. No- these jobs aren't dream careers by any means-but they're better than their replacements. Service industry jobs, customer service jobs. The kind of jobs you see highschool kids or less educated people working, Part-time jobs aka jobs with no health benefits.

So while the unemployment numbers aren't changing- the standard of living has. A 6% increase since 1996 specifically, yet minimum wage hasn't been increased in 9years. Based on that alone, the lower classes and working classes are making less money now than in the 90's- and this correlates into a class-struggle tug o'war so to speak. When the rich get richer, and the poor get poorer- it's the middle class that's going to be ripped apart. This doesn't happen when crappy jobs are replaced with better ones; and it's not because incomes are on the rise in the lower and working classes; and it's DEFINTELY not because the economy is better than ever.

jmo =)

and btw Mac.Leod- who do you like for the U.S. Open?

H/K Signature 2.1+235
    Jungson MagicBoat II
    Revel Performa M-20
    Velodyne cht-10 sub
    Rega P1 Turntable

"People working at Polk Audio must sit around the office and just laugh their balls off reading many of these comments." -Lush
  • swerve
    edited July 2005
    i guess my job come the end of the month (call center) is a round peg in a round hole job then.
    cats.vans.bag...
  • neomagus00
    edited July 2005
    but aren't round pegs supposed to go in round holes? :)

and obviously these things are not universal truths, for anyone that's missing that point...

• MacLeod
    edited July 2005
    So we're headed for soup lines because the minimum wage hasnt been increased in 9 years? The minimum wage is a total sham as are all price/wage controls. They dont work!

Hell, I bet youd be hard pressed to even find a job that pays $5.15/hr! McDonalds pays $7!!! The wages are rising with the economy. Thats the way capitalism works. The marketplace determines prices and wages.

And this class warfare thing is getting tired. Its been going on since the 80's and it infuriates me. Back about 500 years ago you were either born into royalty or a peasant. Thats it you had nowhere else to go. That isnt the case today. You dont like your economic situation, change it! There is no excuse to be poor in todays world! Not everybody can be Bill Gates but nobody has to be living in a beat up trailer out in a field somewhere.

The rich are getting richer but SO IS EVERYBODY! That is what is meant when the national average income goes UP! Everybody is making more money! And always remember, there is a big difference in being "poor" and being "broke".

The wages in lower skill/entry level jobs are substantially higher than before! Again, McDonalds pays $7/hr, convenience stores pay $8/hr. Loading trucks pays $10/hr!

And why is working in a foundry pouring molten steel for $30,000 a year a "real job" and working as a customer service manager for $30,000 a year is not? My wife has been in retail for about 20 years now and has always made great money and has unreal benefits. Like everything there are choices and different levels. Yes there are the part time jobs the high school kids take but there are full time positions and management positions available which make excellent careers.

I will just never understand how somebody can look out over the fruited plain and see how GOOD we have it here and how BLESSED we are and see nothing but soup lines and poverty and sickness.

Federer seems to be on fire but Im pulling for Roddick!

• neomagus00
    edited July 2005
    i didn't hear anyone call the foundry worker 'real' and the retail worker 'fake'. both are respectable jobs, both are necessary for the economy to work, and both pay the bills, that's all there is to that.

class warfare - i dunno about warfare, and i'm in complete agreement with you about today's class mobility, but nothing can change the fact that most people that are born in a trailer park die in a trailer park. MOST, not all. of course you're going to have the exceptions, the ones that rise above their situation. that also means that you have rich kids that fall into the gutters; such is life. the imbalance is that it's so much easier for the rich kid to fall - and get back up - than it is for the trailer park kid to rise.

the original debate here was about outsourcing jobs to asia. the retail job you mentioned is in no jeopardy - people always want to buy stuff. the manufacturing job, on the other hand... let's hear the story of Bethlehem Steel, or at least the end of it. at the end of 1982, the workers at this company were making $26.29 (that's over $50/hour, if you adjust for inflation!). In addition, they got health, dental, and eye care, unemployment benefits, paid vacations (the senior 50% of the workforce got more than 3 months of paid vacation every five years above and beyond their normal paid vacation). there are two reasons they went down - minimills (smaller, more agile companies that could outmaneuver the big 'uns in the marketplace) and foreign steel. long story short, Bethlehem Steel crashed and burned and left an entire town without jobs.

i see the same thing happening today with entry- and lower-level white-collar jobs. i work in a building that's about 25% consultants, who are 'on loan' from an indian consulting company - they weren't here five years ago. i suppose that my question is why, on a larger scale, don't americans have these jobs? is it because they're too proud? do americans do too little at a job to earn the rewards they want? what is it? yes, yes, it's all in the market, but this is a part of it - americans are getting pissed at this sort of thing but are doing nothing to change it.

P.S. yes, the trailer park kid up above has it real good compared to, say, middle eastern kids, but he doesn't care about them, he's looking at the richies and wondering why they're where they are and he's where he is.

P.P.S. who're federer and roddick?

• swerve
    edited July 2005
    answer to PPS.

Tennis Playas
    cats.vans.bag...