Phoenix Gold

2»

Comments

• ND13
    ND13 Posts: 7,601
    edited July 2005
    Originally posted by exalted512
    sounds like your installer is a winner:D

my components alone were $587, but considering they retail for more than a grand, i think i got a good deal.

glad you like everything, the mm6500s are bad ****:cool:
    -Cody

What are your components?
    "SOME PEOPLE CALL ME MAURICE,
    CAUSE I SPEAK OF THE POMPITIOUS OF LOVE"
  • exalted512
    exalted512 Posts: 10,735
    edited July 2005
    DLS Iridiums
    -Cody
    Music is like candy, you have to get rid of the rappers to enjoy it
  • swerve
    swerve Posts: 1,862
    edited July 2005
    Originally posted by exalted512
    DLS Iridiums
    -Cody
    Hay you little punk. how u be gettin them deals dog?

don't them deals just wanna make you say...

YYYYYYEEEAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHH
    cats.vans.bag...
  • ND13
    edited July 2005
    Okay, I temporarily fixed the wiring issue. It was really a simple fix.

I took the rcas from the radio(street wires mid level) to the 2 channel amp and ran another from the aux output to the monoblock. Works like a charm now. I'm still going to redo it all soon. I want better quality cables all around. I just don't like the look of 16 gauge speaker wire. I'm going to run 12 to the MMC6500s and 10 to the sub. It's probably overkill but I'll feel better about it and it'll look better.

So far the MMCs kick alot of arse. They'll only get better with time, too. I've still got a little more fine tuning to do , but until I finish rewiring everything it'll do.
  • MacLeod
    MacLeod Posts: 14,358
    edited July 2005
    You dont need to upgrade your cables. Those Streetwires will be fine. There wont be any audible difference in a more expensive set.

I used to run the $75 a pair cables, now I run the $14 Monster Standard RCA's. They sound just as good.
    polkaudio sound quality competitor since 2005
    MECA SQ Rookie of the Year 06 ~ MECA State Champ 06,07,08,11 ~ MECA World Finals 2nd place 06,07,08,09
    08 Car Audio Nationals 1st ~ 07 N Georgia Nationals 1st ~ 06 Carl Casper Nationals 1st ~ USACi 05 Southeast AutumnFest 1st

polkaudio SR6500 --- polkaudio MM1040 x2 -- Pioneer P99 -- Rockford Fosgate P1000X5D
  • ND13
    edited July 2005
    Originally posted by MacLeod
    You dont need to upgrade your cables. Those Streetwires will be fine. There wont be any audible difference in a more expensive set.

I used to run the $75 a pair cables, now I run the $14 Monster Standard RCA's. They sound just as good.

I already have everything I'll need. I'm not changing the main rca from the HU, just the one in between the two amps and the spaeker wire. It's mainly going to be an appearance thing. I just like it all to be clean and as much hidden as possible. I might move the amps to under the seat also. I don't like them on the back wall of the cab. Although, if I move them I won't be able to see the cool blue lights around the PG logo.:p
  • MacLeod
    MacLeod Posts: 14,358
    edited July 2005
    LOL!!! Well ya gotta see those!

Im with you on the uniformity thing. It bugs me to no end even if I had to use a different brand of speaker wire to one tweeter....even if its hiddedn behind the door! :D
    polkaudio sound quality competitor since 2005
    MECA SQ Rookie of the Year 06 ~ MECA State Champ 06,07,08,11 ~ MECA World Finals 2nd place 06,07,08,09
    08 Car Audio Nationals 1st ~ 07 N Georgia Nationals 1st ~ 06 Carl Casper Nationals 1st ~ USACi 05 Southeast AutumnFest 1st

polkaudio SR6500 --- polkaudio MM1040 x2 -- Pioneer P99 -- Rockford Fosgate P1000X5D