Adam's ride

swerve
swerve Posts: 1,862
edited June 2005 in Car Audio & Electronics
Well. I got tired of the random stuff thread for my pcitures so I took them out and started my own thread dedicated to everything I have done so far.

I'll have pictures of my car following this post tonight as well as some pics you haven't seen before. but here are the ones from the random stuff thread.
cats.vans.bag...
Post edited by swerve on

Comments

• swerve
    edited June 2005
    V3_Goodness_1_002.jpg
    V3_Goodness_1_003.jpg
    V3_Goodness_1_004.jpg
    V3_Goodness_1_005.jpg
    V3_Goodness_1_006.jpg
    V3_Goodness_1_007.jpg
    Boxsubamp_001.jpg
    Boxsubamp_002.jpg
    Boxsubamp_003.jpg
    Trunk_Floor_001.jpg
    Trunk_Floor_002.jpg
    Trunk_Floor_003.jpg
    Trunk_Floor_004.jpg
    Trunk_Floor_005.jpg

It's nothign too impressive but it will be soon.
    cats.vans.bag...
  • PolkThug
    PolkThug Posts: 7,532
    edited June 2005
    Are those crossovers on the wheel wells?
  • swerve
    edited June 2005
    Originally posted by PolkThug
    Are those crossovers on the wheel wells?
    yea when i dropt he 15 in i'm moving them back further and mounting them better...
    cats.vans.bag...
  • exalted512
    exalted512 Posts: 10,735
    edited June 2005
    those crossovers are the **** nit. Put the damn **** in already.
    -Cody
    Music is like candy, you have to get rid of the rappers to enjoy it
  • swerve
    edited June 2005
    Originally posted by exalted512
    those crossovers are the **** nit. Put the damn **** in already.
    -Cody
    calling the uncle tonight about the alternator. I'm getting a phone call back about cadence amps. if the guy can't get me what I want I'm going to start looking for an indash video unit... i have a few contacts who can cut me a deal nowadays!

haha

-adam

you think if i put the **** in it would trash my alt?
    cats.vans.bag...
  • exalted512
    edited June 2005
    i didnt tell you, but cadence is very very very good. Also, you dont need a new alternator, just turn the gain all the way down. youll be ok
    -Cody
  • swerve
    edited June 2005
    I'm amazed with Cadence too because they almost seem affordable... I don't know why but 500 dollars seems affordable now and for the ones I was seeking I've seen for around that price from dealers but it was kind of dated.
    cats.vans.bag...
  • swerve
    edited June 2005
    bleh it's going in tonight.

i was thinking all weekend about giving it a test run but i'm sick of waiting. i'll hook it up then clean up the wires next weekend when I get some time.

The oddity about this hifonics amp is that it doesn't have a gain cnotrol on the amp...

therefore i have to use the remote? hmmmmmm
    cats.vans.bag...
  • exalted512
    edited June 2005
    do it do it!!
  • AustinKP
    AustinKP Posts: 861
    edited June 2005
    Originally posted by swerve
    The oddity about this hifonics amp is that it doesn't have a gain cnotrol on the amp...
    Of course it does... ALL amps have gain controls. Might be labeled as "Level" if I remember mine correctly without looking... Check your manual.
    http://www.silverdragon.com/punkie/cybertusk/net.idiot.html - Read it, know it

Alpine 9815
    Polk MM6's in custom fiberglass door pods
    Ascendant Audio Atlas 12
    HiFonics Zeus ZX6400 - 85x2 + 350x1
    2 Gallons SecondSkin Spectrum V.2
  • audiobliss
    audiobliss Posts: 12,518
    edited June 2005
    Man; you definitely need to get that sub and amp hooked up!!!
    Jstas wrote: »
    Simple question. If you had a cool million bucks, what would you do with it?
    Wonder WTF happened to the rest of my money.
    In Use
    PS3, Yamaha CDR-HD1300, Plex, Amazon Fire TV Gen 2
    Pioneer Elite VSX-52, Parasound HCA-1000A
    Klipsch RF-82ii, RC-62ii, RS-42ii, RW-10d
    Epson 8700UB

In Storage
    [Home Audio]
    Rotel RCD-02, Yamaha KX-W900U, Sony ST-S500ES, Denon DP-7F
    Pro-Ject Phono Box MKII, Parasound P/HP-850, ASL Wave 20 monoblocks
    Klipsch RF-35, RB-51ii

[Car Audio]
    Pioneer Premier DEH-P860MP, Memphis 16-MCA3004, Boston Acoustic RC520
  • spwuinmk67
    spwuinmk67 Posts: 797
    edited June 2005
    I think my new hifonics amp says level too, and has voltage numbers around the edge of the knob. from like .2v to 6v
    1993 Ford Ranger super cab:
    Pioneer Premier DEH-P880PRS
    MB Quart QSD216
    in need of amps and subs

Home:
    52" Sharp Aquos
    PolkAudio Monitor 10's
    Harmon Kardon HK3375
    Xbox 360
    PolkAudio XM tuner

Owner and co-designer of www.basicholdem.com
  • swerve
    edited June 2005
    alpine sucks... blahaha

i need a new HU. the thing pounds but still needs some tweaking. I'm pleased. my grill is on crooked and on of the screws didn't go in right but it sounds good. car doesn't rattle TOO bad.

And I'm not taking an excursion video. I've already pissed my mom off because I was shaking our windows at 9 p.m...

ahhh moms.

-adam
    cats.vans.bag...
  • exalted512
    edited June 2005
    Originally posted by AustinKP
    Of course it does... ALL amps have gain controls. Might be labeled as "Level" if I remember mine correctly without looking... Check your manual.
    theres a few amps that dont have the gain controls on the amp itself, but on a remote
    -Cody
  • swerve
    edited June 2005
    LoL it's so **** loud.

I like it.... the bass doesn't overwhelm the lyrics and beat.

AND my car doesn't flex as much as i thought it would.

I can't play Late Night Tip though because it flexes so bad... but man.... it's hella nice sounding. I just need to tweek it some more and clean some stuff up.

as for decks what do you suggest?

If I go with pioneer I want the indash from sounddomain for 880... if i don't go with a screen my max is 500

Man it was 10 p.m. and i was cruising with it up... some kids at the park were giving me the eye. i'm like haha... i lock my garage **** and with those chickenshit arms you couldnt even lift my ****.

then i slapped them and gave them some bass and took off.

yea!!!

-adam
    cats.vans.bag...
  • swerve
    edited June 2005
    http://www.cardomain.com/item/PIOAVHP5700DVD

how about that if i can get them lower?
    which I may be getting them lower!

-adam

I can get 200-250 for my current HU

EDIT: I want indash and I think the hifonics amp is pretty nice.... the guy never called me back about his cadence amps eventhoughw hen he said he would...

EDIT AGAIN: SD came down to 756.... pretty good. I'm trying to sell my polk subs and this crap lightning audio cap i have. my HU is basically sold.

I never thought I would want indash... but whatever... after trying to sell them I learned to really enjoy the touch screen.. the ability to look up and see track tags and you just have to tap it really appealed to me instead of diggin through 5 folders with 20 songs in eah ya know?
    cats.vans.bag...
  • swerve
    edited June 2005
    what happend to the thread dedicated to me?
    cats.vans.bag...
  • PolkThug
    PolkThug Posts: 7,532
    edited June 2005
    I want that Pioneer 5700 as well. It seems to have a better viewing angle than others I've compared it to, also, picture seems more accurate.

Other DVD HU's may appear better at first to the untrained eye, but they really have exaggerated color and/or shadow detail loss.
  • swerve
    edited June 2005
    Originally posted by PolkThug
    I want that Pioneer 5700 as well. It seems to have a better viewing angle than others I've compared it to, also, picture seems more accurate.

Other DVD HU's may appear better at first to the untrained eye, but they really have exaggerated color and/or shadow detail loss.
    well i'm most likely going to buy it. lol

i have to go tell my insurance i have a system worth more than my car today... they are going ot love that.
    cats.vans.bag...
  • MacLeod
    MacLeod Posts: 14,358
    edited June 2005
    Im very anti mobile video. Its pointless to me.

If I were you I would save the money and get this Pioneer P9600 which can be had for $440. The only thing better would be the P9 for a grand.
    polkaudio sound quality competitor since 2005
    MECA SQ Rookie of the Year 06 ~ MECA State Champ 06,07,08,11 ~ MECA World Finals 2nd place 06,07,08,09
    08 Car Audio Nationals 1st ~ 07 N Georgia Nationals 1st ~ 06 Carl Casper Nationals 1st ~ USACi 05 Southeast AutumnFest 1st

polkaudio SR6500 --- polkaudio MM1040 x2 -- Pioneer P99 -- Rockford Fosgate P1000X5D
  • swerve
    edited June 2005
    Originally posted by MacLeod
    Im very anti mobile video. Its pointless to me.

If I were you I would save the money and get this Pioneer P9600 which can be had for $440. The only thing better would be the P9 for a grand.
    hmmmm my 9831 sucks so bad... i'm depressed. it's crap whenever you turn your amp down to under 1volt then it comes alive.
    stupid rca preouts man... i hate this crap.

who sells the P9? I'm still leaning toward in dash but the fact is i have 750 dollars for a head.. in dash or not.

and you know what else is funny. I don't have an alarm and I don't trust anyone around here to put one in.
    cats.vans.bag...
  • exalted512
    edited June 2005
    p9 is pioneer premier
  • MacLeod
    edited June 2005
    Whats wrong with your Alpine?
    MECA SQ Rookie of the Year 06 ~ MECA State Champ 06,07,08,11 ~ MECA World Finals 2nd place 06,07,08,09
    08 Car Audio Nationals 1st ~ 07 N Georgia Nationals 1st ~ 06 Carl Casper Nationals 1st ~ USACi 05 Southeast AutumnFest 1st

polkaudio SR6500 --- polkaudio MM1040 x2 -- Pioneer P99 -- Rockford Fosgate P1000X5D
  • swerve
    edited June 2005
    p9 is pioneer premier
    and your point being?

cody you wouldn't go with in dash either would you?
    cats.vans.bag...
  • MacLeod
    edited June 2005
    He's telling you who makes the P9.

Im assuming you want to know who sells the P9. I dont know of any authorized internet dealers that do but its not a head unit youre gonna find at a Best Buy. Only a car audio shop will carry them. Its about the best unit on the market so it would be cool to have it.

• swerve
    edited June 2005
    Originally posted by MacLeod
    He's telling you who makes the P9.

Im assuming you want to know who sells the P9. I dont know of any authorized internet dealers that do but its not a head unit youre gonna find at a Best Buy. Only a car audio shop will carry them. Its about the best unit on the market so it would be cool to have it.

this is the f***ing problem. i wanted a premier deck before and everywhere i went i got laughed at.

i'm not too happy with the sub... sure it's loud... but it could be picking up lots more I think. I don't know what I'm doing wrong... and like I said the preout v. most likely does not help.

is this it?

http://www.speedsound.com/caraudio.asp?pg=products&specific=joirmnp4
    cats.vans.bag...
  • exalted512
    edited June 2005
    youre doing something wrong, I have a friend with one in his focus and he radar detector moves up and down an inch or two when the bass hits
    -Cody
  • exalted512
    edited June 2005
    yea, thats it...btw-you suck at the internet
    -Cody
  • swerve
    edited June 2005
    yea, thats it...btw-you suck at the internet
    -Cody
    yea....

i don't have the gain up all that much

the HU setting for subs is at 4 out of 12 or 15.

i have it low passed at around 55.

then there are all kinds of other options that i have no clue about.

Q - i guess this is some kind of thing that covers an area of freq. and has to do with the boost?

some wide and narrow crap

and impedance knob...

bleh i don't know what is going on.
    cats.vans.bag...
  • swerve
    edited June 2005
    another question.

if i'm running a ported box should i have the sub firing to the rear or toward the cab?

it's loud don't get me wrong but some songs sound like my momo's did... so either polk has a huge secret or i'm extremely dumb?

so adam is going to be the first here to own a P9 right?

lol this thing sounds nuts.

but i don't have to gett he DEQ as well do I?

31 bands is kind of extreme for my application whenever I can't begin to figure out an amplifier... lol

cats.vans.bag...