PolkAudio - CSi5 (Center)
    PolkAudio - FXi3 (Back and Surround)
    SVS - PB-12/Plus (Subwoofer)
    Bluejean Cables - Interconnects
    Logitech Harmony 880 - Remote
  • MrNightly
    MrNightly Posts: 3,370
    edited January 2007
    Hell, I know you are.. I was right there with ya too don't forget. You don't even want to know what I really think ;) At least in Kansas, they are all crooked... every last one of 'em. :D
    Honoured to be, an original SOPA founding member
    Stuff...

RTi12's - front
    CSi5 - center
    FXi3's - surrounds
    RTi4's - surrounds
    SVS PB12-NSD/2 - sub :D:D:D
    Denon 3805
    Rotel RB-985 5-Channel Amplifier

• ben62670
    ben62670 Posts: 15,969
    edited January 2007
    MrNightly wrote:
    Hell, I know you are.. I was right there with ya too don't forget. You don't even want to know what I really think ;) At least in Kansas, they are all crooked... every last one of 'em. :D

I married a girl who worked for the police station in the city we lived in. Divorced now. Would I ever do it again? Hell no I would rather slam my balls in a car door over and over again. That would be less painful than dealing with one of those power tripping man ****. They should change their oath to what it really is "to protect and serve each other". Any way she wouldn't let me see the kids, filed **** restraining orders against me( the fury spot between their legs means they just have to say it and its true "told to me by a cop who knows my x is a ****"). The babysitter who lives in the same town as her had been getting physically abusive with me in front of my kid hit me. I called the cops and I got arrested for audio recording her hitting me. My divorce attorney told me to document and record everything... felony! I had a prior felony for having a pistol without a permit up in CT. Never any sort of theft,violence. I spent 7 months in jail for recording, trying to defend the rights of myself and my kids. Babysitter (friends of the Po PO and life long friend of X wife) well the **** never got charged. The Po Po lied and changed the statements. Nice, real nice. Can you say F the Po Po I sure can. And then down here they call you all the time asking you to give money to the **** so you can get a sticker on your car so they are less likely to F with you. There are a couple nice cops out there but generally F them.

but I'm not bitter:mad:
    Please. Please contact me a ben62670 @ yahoo.com. Make sure to include who you are, and you are from Polk so I don't delete your email. Also I am now physically unable to work on any projects. If you need help let these guys know. There are many people who will help if you let them know where you are.
    Thanks
    Ben
  • TroyD
    TroyD Posts: 13,077
    edited January 2007
    My Mom has worked for the local constabulary for the past thirty years. Cops are no different than anyone else. Some good, some bad.

Give 'em a break.

BDT
    I plan for the future. - F1Nut
  • ben62670
    edited January 2007
    TroyD wrote:
    My Mom has worked for the local constabulary for the past thirty years. Cops are no different than anyone else. Some good, some bad.

Give 'em a break.

BDT

Some good... as in very few. As far as no different than anyone else. They can tailgate and harass you, speed all they want, above the Law. If I kick someones **** I go to jail. They do it they get a paid leave(aka vacation). I know some cops, and grew up with some. I don't talk to but one of them anymore. When growing up I would smoke pot with them(I don't any more) goto keg parties. They still party it up. The difference is now they brag about being A holes to people. Give them a break I lost 7 months of my life because of them. I lost my house. I had my car repoed. I lost most of my business. I missed my baby being born. F em. How about the FBI guy that was so drunk down here that he killed 2 boys that were leaving from because he was driving down I95 in Ft Lauderdale the wrong way. Know how much time he got for killing 2 boys? 30 days, and I don't think he served it. I lost so much from my life because of who I was divorcing a B that works for the Po Po and he gets off with nothing but a slap on the wrist? You wouldn't believe how many people were getting let out with violent crimes, long history's, and car jackings while I was locked up for recording someone who was hitting me, and keeping me from my kids. Oh yeah did I say F the Po Po. I sure did.
    Please. Please contact me a ben62670 @ yahoo.com. Make sure to include who you are, and you are from Polk so I don't delete your email. Also I am now physically unable to work on any projects. If you need help let these guys know. There are many people who will help if you let them know where you are.
    Thanks
    Ben
  • wingnut4772
    wingnut4772 Posts: 7,519
    edited January 2007
    I will say that a LOT of cops are A-holes. But I would really love to see any of you guys do the job for any extended period of time and see what you become.

When I started 8 years ago I was sugar and spice and wanted to save the world. Since then, I have seen EVERYTHING. I have seen dead children in canals, grown men with their heads blown off, bodies in cars in unimaginable positions. I have even killed a man. I have even saved a few lives also and do you know what I get when I stop some one for speeding? For doing my job?
    Oh yeah did I say F the Po Po. I sure did.
    Sharp Elite 70
    Anthem D2V 3D
    Parasound 5250
    Parasound HCA 1000 A
    Parasound HCA 1000
    Oppo BDP 95
    Von Schweikert VR4 Jr R/L Fronts
    Von Schweikert LCR 4 Center
    Totem Mask Surrounds X4
    Hsu ULS-15 Quad Drive Subwoofers
    Sony PS3
    Squeezebox Touch

Polk Atrium 7s on the patio just to keep my foot in the door.
  • disneyjoe7
    disneyjoe7 Posts: 11,435
    edited January 2007
    God bless you Darla, have a good day.

Speakers
    Carver Amazing Fronts
    CS400i Center
    RT800i's Rears
    Sub Paradigm Servo 15

Electronics
    Conrad Johnson PV-5 pre-amp
    Parasound Halo A23
    Pioneer 84TXSi AVR
    Pioneer 79Avi DVD
    Sony CX400 CD changer
    Panasonic 42-PX60U Plasma
    WMC Win7 32bit HD DVR

• dkg999
    dkg999 Posts: 5,647
    edited January 2007
    Darla - thanks for doing a tough job, that not many realize just how tough it is to do, and do well!

Ben62 - there are two sides to every story (and every divorce!) and somewhere in the middle lies the truth. Me thinks there's more to your story, or you had a very bad attorney. Hopefully you have learned from your mistakes and it has made you a better person.

I think that there are a lot more good LEO's than bad, and unfortunately we don't hear too often about the good ones. Unfortunately I think most of the bad ones are in IL, but that's another topic.
    DKG999
    HT System: LSi9, LSiCx2, LSiFX, LSi7, SVS 20-39 PC+, B&K 507.s2 AVR, B&K Ref 125.2, Tripplite LCR-2400, Cambridge 650BD, Signal Cable PC/SC, BJC IC, Samsung 55" LED

Music System: Magnepan 1.6QR, SVS SB12+, ARC pre, Parasound HCA1500 vertically bi-amped, Jolida CDP, Pro-Ject RM5.1SE TT, Pro-Ject TubeBox SE phono pre, SBT, PS Audio DLIII DAC
  • petrym
    petrym Posts: 1,912
    edited January 2007
    We've had good and bad experiences with cops. My wife and I taught the kids about how policemen (and policewomen! for you Darla) are to be respected and how you can go to them if you need to. Well, I got pulled over for speeding (after passing some dope going 40 in a 55) and the officer was an absolute d!ck-with-ears. Yes, they have a tough job, but acting like a pissed off Dirty Harry to a family with little kids in the back seat is ridiculous.

Another time I got pulled over for speeding (52 in a 50 zone) but I think the guy was looking for drunks since it was 1:15 in the morning after the bars closed. He was pleasant as can be and just gave me a warning to "slow it down a little."
  • cfrizz
    cfrizz Posts: 13,415
    edited January 2007
    OMG! Darla, I don't blame you for wanting to make a career change! I couldn't do what you do in a million years!

Cops are people & we all know that there are good & bad people. More often than not people think they have the right to verbally abuse cops, & then others complain when the cops end up taking it out on them. If people would simply remember to treat others including cops with respect I think a lot would be different.

Bless you for doing what you do Darla, please stay safe!

I will say that a LOT of cops are A-holes. But I would really love to see any of you guys do the job for any extended period of time and see what you become.

When I started 8 years ago I was sugar and spice and wanted to save the world. Since then, I have seen EVERYTHING. I have seen dead children in canals, grown men with their heads blown off, bodies in cars in unimaginable positions. I have even killed a man. I have even saved a few lives also and do you know what I get when I stop some one for speeding? For doing my job?
    Marantz AV-7705 PrePro, Classé 5 channel 200wpc Amp, Oppo 103 BluRay, Rotel RCD-1072 CDP, Sony XBR-49X800E TV, Polk S60 Main Speakers, Polk ES30 Center Channel, Polk S15 Surround Speakers SVS SB12-NSD x2
  • MacLeod
    MacLeod Posts: 14,358
    edited January 2007
    I actually dont have that big a problem with cops being a-holes. I mean theyre law enforcement, not customer service. Theyre out there risking their lives defending us law abiding folks against the worst scum and most violent criminals this society has to offer so I dont really mind if they are rude. Now Im not saying its ok for a cop to pistol whip a 16 year old punk just because he smarted off but I dont think they should be fired because they werent smiling and friendly and didnt call the gang member sir when trying to wrestle him down after he mugged some little old lady. Ive had a lot of dealings with cops over the years and a lot of them are ego bloated but Ive never really seen any that were a menace to society.

As for the hiring thing, like I said, affirmative action takes up a bunch of spots and the good old boy system takes up a ton more which leaves only a few left for the rest of us to squeeze in. So if youre not a minority or cousin Joe Bob, its going a whole lot harder to get hired on.

I dunno, I think its probably better. With everybody demanding the police be politically correct when returning gunfire, it probably wouldnt be worth it. Ive seen way too many examples of cops being fired for absoultely nothing at all!! Some punk trys to fight a cop at a traffic stop and the cop gives the guy a black eye, all of a sudden, the cop is on the hot seat!
    polkaudio sound quality competitor since 2005
    MECA SQ Rookie of the Year 06 ~ MECA State Champ 06,07,08,11 ~ MECA World Finals 2nd place 06,07,08,09
    08 Car Audio Nationals 1st ~ 07 N Georgia Nationals 1st ~ 06 Carl Casper Nationals 1st ~ USACi 05 Southeast AutumnFest 1st

polkaudio SR6500 --- polkaudio MM1040 x2 -- Pioneer P99 -- Rockford Fosgate P1000X5D
  • ben62670
    edited January 2007

If you are truly a fair person then I absolutely feel for you. The nice cops that I dealt with told me to move out of the area because they know (the cops) how crooked this system is. If cops can't control themselves, and you treat people like crap then you are no better than the people who you bust. Its kinda like parents who say do as I say not as I do. I spent 7 months in jail because of crooked ****. I wasn't the person who hit anyone. 7 months in general pop where half the guys had what I thought were cigar burns. After a while I figured out that they were bullet holes, and stab wounds. 7 months I was in there with the baddest of the bad. A white boy even. I lost nearly everything. Did you actually read what I posted. Oh yeah thats right of course what I said is a lie, I'm not a good upstanding person like you would find in say the police department. Again If you are truly a fair person then I absolutely feel for you. If, and I say if your are the typical **** cop down here too then I don't even have to say how I feel. I treat everyone (even the cops) with respect, and that is how I expect to be treated. As for anyone who pulls a gun on a cop, blast them. Easier said than done. It absolutely has to be incredible traumatic to deal with something like that. Wing I truly hope that you have a clear conscience, that your heart is in the right place. If you meet me on the street and didn't know me I can almost guaranty that you would think of me as a proper person.

Ben
    Thanks
    Ben
  • ben62670
    edited January 2007
    I need to publicly apologize to wing here. I came into her post, and posted some nasty things. After going to lay down from a stress headache I came back to read my post. I have generalized most cops into one category. I do feel a lot of what I said is true, but the way I expressed myself is very low class and bitter. I have turned into a bitter person over the last three years. I never used to swear like I have been. When I was 12 I was reading Dirt Rider magazine. It had an article every month on how to become a better racer. One month was about ruts, and rocks. If you were riding on a track with ruts and rocks, and you looked at the ruts and rocks you were way more likely to hit them. What we need to do is not focus on where we don't want to be or do, but where we do want to be, or want to do. I am not where I want to be. I have become very angry. Anger isn't a primary emotion, but a result of something else. I have been hurt, and have allowed myself to become angry. If you believe in God I would appreciate prayer to remove this blackness from my heart. Even if you don't believe in God I would ask that you pray to ask him for forgiveness of sins, and ask him into your heart, and then pray for me.

Thanks, and again sorry for my inappropriate post
    Ben
    Thanks
    Ben
  • audiobliss
    audiobliss Posts: 12,518
    edited January 2007
    Cool apology post, dude. Good on you.

Oh, and a prayer has been sent up.
    Jstas wrote: »
    Simple question. If you had a cool million bucks, what would you do with it?
    Wonder WTF happened to the rest of my money.
    In Use
    PS3, Yamaha CDR-HD1300, Plex, Amazon Fire TV Gen 2
    Pioneer Elite VSX-52, Parasound HCA-1000A
    Klipsch RF-82ii, RC-62ii, RS-42ii, RW-10d
    Epson 8700UB

In Storage
    [Home Audio]
    Rotel RCD-02, Yamaha KX-W900U, Sony ST-S500ES, Denon DP-7F
    Pro-Ject Phono Box MKII, Parasound P/HP-850, ASL Wave 20 monoblocks
    Klipsch RF-35, RB-51ii

[Car Audio]
    Pioneer Premier DEH-P860MP, Memphis 16-MCA3004, Boston Acoustic RC520
  • dkg999
    dkg999 Posts: 5,647
    edited January 2007
    Ben62 - you have earned my respect! Doug.
    DKG999
    HT System: LSi9, LSiCx2, LSiFX, LSi7, SVS 20-39 PC+, B&K 507.s2 AVR, B&K Ref 125.2, Tripplite LCR-2400, Cambridge 650BD, Signal Cable PC/SC, BJC IC, Samsung 55" LED

Music System: Magnepan 1.6QR, SVS SB12+, ARC pre, Parasound HCA1500 vertically bi-amped, Jolida CDP, Pro-Ject RM5.1SE TT, Pro-Ject TubeBox SE phono pre, SBT, PS Audio DLIII DAC
  • wingnut4772
    edited January 2007
    Thanks ben. I understand and appreciate it.
    Sharp Elite 70
    Anthem D2V 3D
    Parasound 5250
    Parasound HCA 1000 A
    Parasound HCA 1000
    Oppo BDP 95
    Totem Mask Surrounds X4
    Sony PS3
    Squeezebox Touch

• ben62670
    edited January 2007
    Big Hug
    Thanks
    Ben
  • disneyjoe7
    edited January 2007
    Very nice Ben and if you realize personal weakness you're on the right track to being a better person. And don't worry a good prayer has been sent your way.

Speakers
    Carver Amazing Fronts
    CS400i Center
    RT800i's Rears
    Sub Paradigm Servo 15

Electronics
    Parasound Halo A23
    Pioneer 84TXSi AVR
    Pioneer 79Avi DVD
    Sony CX400 CD changer
    WMC Win7 32bit HD DVR

• hearingimpared
    hearingimpared Posts: 21,137
    edited January 2007
    ben62670 wrote:
    I need to publicly apologize to wing here. I came into her post, and posted some nasty things. After going to lay down from a stress headache I came back to read my post. I have generalized most cops into one category. I do feel a lot of what I said is true, but the way I expressed myself is very low class and bitter. I have turned into a bitter person over the last three years. I never used to swear like I have been. When I was 12 I was reading Dirt Rider magazine. It had an article every month on how to become a better racer. One month was about ruts, and rocks. If you were riding on a track with ruts and rocks, and you looked at the ruts and rocks you were way more likely to hit them. What we need to do is not focus on where we don't want to be or do, but where we do want to be, or want to do. I am not where I want to be. I have become very angry. Anger isn't a primary emotion, but a result of something else. I have been hurt, and have allowed myself to become angry. If you believe in God I would appreciate prayer to remove this blackness from my heart. Even if you don't believe in God I would ask that you pray to ask him for forgiveness of sins, and ask him into your heart, and then pray for me.

Thanks, and again sorry for my inappropriate post
    Ben

That was an awesome post, I had little repect for you Brother until I read this post and I see that you are just like me. You have my prayers Ben. . . I had anger issues and it took a little time and a good bit of work to loose the anger, now I'm grateful that I did. The world looks so much brighter.

One thing I can tell you at this point where you are. . . DO THE OPPOSITE OF WHAT YOUR HEAD TELLS YOU TO DO!!! That's the first step.

Joe
  • hearingimpared
    edited January 2007
    Now what I want to know is why has the link been deleted, I never got to watch it???:confused:
  • audiobliss
    audiobliss Posts: 12,518
    edited January 2007
    Now what I want to know is why has the link been deleted, I never got to watch it???:confused:
    Here you go.
    MrNightly wrote:
    Nice Wing. I clicked the above link, and it goes straight to a **** site. See what 2 years of unattended links get ya? :@ Now the wife will want to know why that site was pulled up ;)

"Honey, its like this. I was searching the forums for old threads, and this one pulled up. I clicked the 'woman being tased link' and it took me to the Big Breasted Latinos. I have no idea why..."
    Jstas wrote: »
    Simple question. If you had a cool million bucks, what would you do with it?
    Wonder WTF happened to the rest of my money.
    In Use
    PS3, Yamaha CDR-HD1300, Plex, Amazon Fire TV Gen 2
    Pioneer Elite VSX-52, Parasound HCA-1000A
    Klipsch RF-82ii, RC-62ii, RS-42ii, RW-10d
    Epson 8700UB

In Storage
    [Home Audio]
    Rotel RCD-02, Yamaha KX-W900U, Sony ST-S500ES, Denon DP-7F
    Pro-Ject Phono Box MKII, Parasound P/HP-850, ASL Wave 20 monoblocks
    Klipsch RF-35, RB-51ii

[Car Audio]
    Pioneer Premier DEH-P860MP, Memphis 16-MCA3004, Boston Acoustic RC520
  • hearingimpared
    edited January 2007
  • petrym
    petrym Posts: 1,912
    edited January 2007
    I reposted a new link here:
    http://www.polkaudio.com/forums/showpost.php?p=574256&postcount=28
  • hearingimpared
    edited January 2007
    petrym wrote:

Wow it looks to me like she got what she deserved. The attidude was because she was guilty of a suspended license amoung other things. She's lucky that the police officers were practicing restraint cause that could have gotten really ugly.

I've always admired police officers for their restraint especially when they have to deal with arrogant A-holes.
  • wingnut4772
    edited January 2007
    Well this thread has gotten me in trouble at home. I guess effin porno stuff showed up on my computer and now I am being accused of trolling for that stuff.
    Sharp Elite 70
    Anthem D2V 3D
    Parasound 5250
    Parasound HCA 1000 A
    Parasound HCA 1000
    Oppo BDP 95
    Totem Mask Surrounds X4
    Sony PS3
    Squeezebox Touch

• BIZILL
    BIZILL Posts: 5,432
    edited January 2007
    I have even killed a man.
    sig quote worthy, but i won't drudge up your past.;) :)

POLK SDA-SRS 1.2TL -- ADCOM GFA-5802
    PANASONIC PT-AE4000U -- DIY WILSONART DW 135" 2.35:1 SCREEN
    ONKYO TX-SR805
    CENTER: CSI5
    MAINS: RTI8'S
    SURROUNDS: RTI8'S
    7.1 SURROUNDS: RTI6'S
    SUB: SVS PB12-PLUS/2 (12.3 series)

XBOX 360
    WiiPS3/blu-rayTOSHIBA HD-A35 hd dvd

http://polkarmy.com/forums/index.php
    bobman1235 wrote:
    I have no facts to back that up, but I never let facts get in the way of my arguments.
  • hearingimpared
    edited January 2007
    Well this thread has gotten me in trouble at home. I guess effin porno stuff showed up on my computer and now I am being accused of trolling for that stuff.

Listen to this one, my 9 year old was playing games on Nick.com and Disney.com and while playing a porno site spyware slipped in riding in on the connection and popped up all kind of pics and ads. I know the boy didn't do it because I was sitting with him when it happened. When I went in to check the worm had imbedded itself in my favorites folder . . . this is scary **** when **** mongers can do crap like that.
  • disneyjoe7
    edited January 2007
    Well Darla at that point break out the "Toys" and have take look ready :)

Speakers
    Carver Amazing Fronts
    CS400i Center
    RT800i's Rears
    Sub Paradigm Servo 15

Electronics
    Parasound Halo A23
    Pioneer 84TXSi AVR
    Pioneer 79Avi DVD
    Sony CX400 CD changer
    WMC Win7 32bit HD DVR

• jdhdiggs
    jdhdiggs Posts: 4,305
    edited January 2007

Eh, at least you can pull off the "I'm looking for new ideas for things we can do together honey" line. :D
    There is no genuine justice in any scheme of feeding and coddling the loafer whose only ponderable energies are devoted wholly to reproduction. Nine-tenths of the rights he bellows for are really privileges and he does nothing to deserve them. We not only acquired a vast population of morons, we have inculcated all morons, old or young, with the doctrine that the decent and industrious people of the country are bound to support them for all time.-Menkin
  • ohskigod
    ohskigod Posts: 6,502
    edited January 2007

good grief, tell the significant other to take a chill. :eek:
    Living Room 2 Channel -
    Schiit SYS Passive Pre. Jolida CD player. Songbird streamer. California Audio Labs Sigma II DAC, DIY 300as1/a1 Ice modules Class D amp. LSi15 with MM842 woofer upgrade, Nordost Blue Heaven and Unity interconnects.

Upstairs 2 Channel Rig -
    Prometheus Ref. TVC passive pre, SAE A-205 Amp, Wiim pro streamer and Topping E50 DAC, California Audio Labs DX1 CD player, Von Schweikert VR3.5 speakers.

Studio Rig - Scarlett 18i20(Gen3) DAW, Mac Mini, Aiyma A07 Max (BridgedX2), Totem Mites