feeling complete about my system(for the first time)

mantis
mantis Posts: 17,032
edited February 28 in Clubhouse Archives
Funny,
I have building my system for years.Swapping this for that,trying this,trying that,test test test all the time.
I'm building a new house and Im building a stand alone theater in the basement.Screen ,projector,step up floor for 3 rows of seats,gear going in the wall in my mid alantic rack(sitting around for now).I'm also building a gear room where the back of the gear will be and all my software will be.
Now while I wait for this house(it's been a year now and still looking like 6 to 8 more months),I also wait to make serious upgrades as the room I'm using now is a livingroom 15x23 and I have to put my system on the long wall(due to a stairway on one of the short walls).The room is all wood walls and ceilling and carpet on the floor.I have hated this room since I lived here.
I just picked up a Sony xbr 36" and got rid of my Panasonic superflat 32".Now I never really been a video guy I always favored audio.But now I got good video and a killer DVD player,it really makes the experience much more involved.
I upgraded my old Pioneer dv414 DVD player for a Pioneer Elite dv-47a progressive dvd-audio/sacd player.Man what a difference those small upgrades made to my system.I love my system more now then I ever did.(Closest time was when I bought my first set of Polk's rt1000p's).
I just think it's a great feeling when you can sit down and watch a movie and say"well damn I don't want to uprade anything right now,I totaly enjoy this system".
here's my current system.
gear stand.........................Bello atc2101 in cherry
mains.................................rt1000p's
center................................cs400i
sub....................................psw450
rears..................................fx/500
surround back....................rt35i's
receiver..............................Denon avr3801
Dvd....................................Pioneer Elite dv-47a
dss.....................................Phillips tivo/dss combo dvr6000
vcr......................................Mitsubishi S-vhs hs-u746
cd.......................................Pioneer elite pdf-19 301 disk
laser disk...........................Pioneer elite cld-59
Power................................Monstercable hts5000
Power amp........................B&K st140 2 channel(for music)
Wire..................................Transparent and some left over
Monstercable m950i's
I plan on upgrading the receiver, main speaker's,sub,and the video will be a Sharp z9000u DLP gun with a grey hawk 100 inch 16x9.The receiver is still up in the air(waiting on B&K to upgrade,and the Denon 5803,Pioneer Elite vsx49tx)Main's I'm gonna grab a pair of rt2000i's or just take it out and get the rt5000 system and prey a psw1200 or 2 comes around.
But untill the house is done I will enjoy what I have, finish upgrading my wires to all Tansparent and enjoy!!
Dan
Dan
My personal quest is to save to world of bad audio, one thread at a time.
Post edited by RyanC_Masimo on

Comments

• danger boy
    danger boy Posts: 15,722
    edited March 2002
    Mantis,

I'll be free for movie night at your house in 8 months. just let me know what to bring. ha ha just kidding you guy.

sounds like you're doing it up right.. it's going to be a beauty when it's all finished and set up. Keep us posted on the progress.
    enjoy
    PolkFest 2012, who's going>?
    Vancouver, Canada Sept 30th, 2012 - Madonna concert :cheesygrin:
  • Aaron
    Aaron Posts: 1,853
    edited March 2002
    Now I never really been a video guy I always favored audio.But now I got good video and a killer DVD player,it really makes the experience much more involved.
    Sounds like me! Lately I've been convinced that a nice, big TV would make a HUGE difference in my system. I think I'll be waiting awhile for this upgrade, though.
    I just think it's a great feeling when you can sit down and watch a movie and say"well damn I don't want to uprade anything right now,I totaly enjoy this system".
    here's my current system.
    I wish I had that feeling. I'm thinking the only way that's going to happen is when I get older and my hearing starts to go. :D Nice system, man, and good luck completing the room.

Aaron
  • scottvamp
    scottvamp Posts: 3,277
    edited March 2002
    MANTIS, U DA MAN!
    the video will be a Sharp z9000u DLP gun with a grey hawk 100 inch 16x9
    Yaaaa Baby!!!! You did your home work. You WILL be blown away. Your sure about this though Sony Vega makes a great 13".
    HAAA! HAAAA! Big Snoopy Laugh.:D
  • mantis
    edited March 2002
    Arron,
    thanks dude, it takes time and money to upgrade.If and when you do upgrades the only advice is to do your homework.It makes it alot easier to do your homework when you work in the bussiness Installing(like Me).I get to try out the latest and greatest inpeoples homes.I really get to see thing's mate together well and sometimes not so well.

Scottvamp,
    The Sharp is a really fantastic gun,the grey hawk is the screen that goes the best with it as the black level's are helped out.The sharp is a very bright gun.We just today got in the Faroudia NRS video scaler,it gave the sharp moe depth and detail,more controlled color and slightly better overall pic quality.We have it hooked up to a Krell DVD player(not what I'm gonna use as it way exceed's my budget).The grewhawk is the best screen on the market for DLP.

Dan
    Dan
  • gidrah
    gidrah Posts: 3,049
    edited March 2002
    Sweet system! I'd feel that way too. Then again there's always the hunt.
    Make it Funky! :)
  • mantis
    edited March 2002
    I think sometimes the hunt is what it's all about.The kill is good but the hunt always remains.GOOD POINT GIDRAH.
    Dan
    Dan
  • Aaron
    edited March 2002
    I think you guys are right on the money. The hunt is terribly addictive.

Aaron
  • juice21
    juice21 Posts: 1,866
    edited March 2002
    the only problem with me is, 2 minutes after the kill, i'm on the next hunt...:D
  • Aaron
    edited March 2002
    Sadly you are completely right, Juice. I guess I'll never be satisfied until I've upgrade all the way to some Evidence speakers.

Aaron