Subwoofer need advice

Options
danger boy
danger boy Posts: 15,722
edited February 28 in Clubhouse Archives
I'm thinking of either adding a second subwoofer or doing away with my current PSW350 and getting one with a little more punch to it. Any suggestions at the pros and cons of driving two subs with one receiver? secondly, good sub for under $800. Can't go over $800 pesos, period. Looking at HSU Research TN1225HO down to 25Hz.
PolkFest 2012, who's going>?
Vancouver, Canada Sept 30th, 2012 - Madonna concert :cheesygrin:
Post edited by RyanC_Masimo on

Comments

• juice21
    juice21 Posts: 1,866
    edited March 2002
    Options
    i highly recommend the HSU! i currently am running 2 HSU vtf-2's. i haven't heard the TN1225HO, but i will stand behind the vf-2's. IMO, HSU subs are the best for the $$$...
  • joe logston
    joe logston Posts: 882
    edited March 2002
    Options
    two subs are better than one
    . rt-7 mains
    rt-20p surounds
    cs-400i front center
    cs-350 ls rear center
    2 energy take 5, efects
    2- psw-650 , subs
    1- 15" audiosource sub

lets all go to the next ces.
  • OrangeToupee
    OrangeToupee Posts: 488
    edited March 2002
    Options
    Right, sell the 350 for a couple of hundred dollars, then buy 2 HSU VTF-2's and enjoy yourself.
  • goingganzo
    goingganzo Posts: 2,793
    edited March 2002
    Options
    you could try sv subwoofers if you want a tube style sub my self am going to buld one all i need is time i am curentley tileing my entry/kitchen and dineing room i have the entyr dune and moveing on
  • mantis
    mantis Posts: 17,057
    edited March 2002
    Options
    the psw450 is the next step up, but without knowing what you need out of your sub,then it's hard to recommend.I would try the psw650 as well ,bring them home andd test them,see if it work's,Trade your 350 in(if you can).
    Good luck!!
    Dan
    Dan
    My personal quest is to save to world of bad audio, one thread at a time.