Boston Acoustics, Image Dynamics, or DynAudio?

2»

Comments

• finfin
    finfin Posts: 11
    edited May 2005
    I've looked around and I'm a little scared of this Peel and Seal stuff now. Doesn't it stink? I also heard it starts falling apart and I wondered about the evolution of films from a tar based product. I'm leaning tword Edead right now. Has anyone had any first hand expirience with this? $1.00/square foot. for a 45 mil self stick material that "smells good". They also have a new 70 mil thick sheet and a paint on material. You can see it at: http://www.edesignaudio.com/category.php?type=damp&cur=USD
  • TrappedUnder Ice
    TrappedUnder Ice Posts: 975
    edited May 2005
    Ive had peal n seal in my vehicles for @ 1.5yrs now. No issues and no smell!. Making sure you clean/prep your surface is a key. I would however...not hang it from an over head. I did find 1 very small peice that fell off (probably did not put on good) from under my back dash pannel. tahts it. And we get some good TX summers too. My car is parked outside at work for 12hrs...sun and all.

its your choice...and yours' alone. good luck.
  • finfin
    edited May 2005
    Well there are several different "peel n seal" or "peal n seal" products out there. who is the manufacturer of the stuff you used?
  • finfin
    edited May 2005
    What did the peel-n-seal cost?
  • kenstewart
    kenstewart Posts: 139
    edited May 2005
    Zero smell. Cost me $12.47 for a 6"x25' roll. So far so good :)
    Eclipse CD8445 HU
    Image Dynamics CXS54 Chameleons component setup
    Two 8" Image Dynamics ID8D2v.3 subs
    MTX MXA6001 amp for subs
    MTX MXA3002 2-channel amp for comps
    Accumat and Peel-n-Seal
    Stinger and Knukoncpetz wiring
  • TrappedUnder Ice
    TrappedUnder Ice Posts: 975
    edited May 2005
    Ditto with ken... What ever lows sells in that roll....thats what I used.
  • finfin
    edited May 2005
    Well I finally found it at Lowe's (peel-n-seal by by MFM Building products). When I called Lowe's they said they didn't have it and had no idea what I was talking about. Must have been a new person. I bought one roll and am planning on starting on my rear cargo door of my '94 Geo Tracker soon. It's a convertable with a fiberglass top. Man it's noisy. I've thought about doing some before and after noise level readings. Maybe I can find a cheap meter or borrow one from someone I know.