money concerns

Comments

• audiobliss
    audiobliss Posts: 12,518
    edited April 2005
    But if everybody keeps movin' their plants across seas......1) there goes quality.....2) there goes our jobs.....3) prices go up 'cause they're greedy 'cause that's why they moved over seas the start with.....4) we gotta move our business over seas to lower prices so we can afford this stuff........5) there goes our jobs.......6) there goes quality.......7) people can't afford anything 'cause they don't have a job.......8) besides, where's the pride in that? Sure it's great we can work internationally, but we're also (and foremost) a country. We should come first.

Anyhoo.....w/e....
    Jstas wrote: »
    Simple question. If you had a cool million bucks, what would you do with it?
    Wonder WTF happened to the rest of my money.
    In Use
    PS3, Yamaha CDR-HD1300, Plex, Amazon Fire TV Gen 2
    Pioneer Elite VSX-52, Parasound HCA-1000A
    Klipsch RF-82ii, RC-62ii, RS-42ii, RW-10d
    Epson 8700UB

In Storage
    [Home Audio]
    Rotel RCD-02, Yamaha KX-W900U, Sony ST-S500ES, Denon DP-7F
    Pro-Ject Phono Box MKII, Parasound P/HP-850, ASL Wave 20 monoblocks
    Klipsch RF-35, RB-51ii

[Car Audio]
    Pioneer Premier DEH-P860MP, Memphis 16-MCA3004, Boston Acoustic RC520
  • MacLeod
    MacLeod Posts: 14,358
    edited April 2005
    Ho boy.

1- The quality is fine. Jobs have been going over seas for years yet the quality gets better as technology improves. These companies know that if their quality sucks, nobody will buy their product. Plus, these things arent being made in a grass hut somewhere.

2- They said the same thing about Japan. "We're all going to be unemployed cause Japans getting all our jobs". Well unemployment is at record lows and doesnt seem to be going up. However personal income is going up along with the economy.

3- Prices are going DOWN. The benefit to farming out the mindless assembly jobs overseas is that its cheaper and thanks to capitalism, a free market and competition they pass those savings to the consumer.

4- huh?

5- See #2

6- See #1

7- Who doesnt have a job? My Gawd man! This entire thread is documenting the thousands of dollars we spend on car toys!!

8- Pride? We have pride cause we're the best country the world has ever seen and ever will! We send our jobs that a monkey could do overseas cause its cheaper and good for our economy. On the other hand, we continue to be the leaders of the world in science, technology, finances, medicine, entertainment and virtually everything else that matters. Just because we let some Chinese people put our amps togther is nothing to be ashamed of.
    polkaudio sound quality competitor since 2005
    MECA SQ Rookie of the Year 06 ~ MECA State Champ 06,07,08,11 ~ MECA World Finals 2nd place 06,07,08,09
    08 Car Audio Nationals 1st ~ 07 N Georgia Nationals 1st ~ 06 Carl Casper Nationals 1st ~ USACi 05 Southeast AutumnFest 1st

polkaudio SR6500 --- polkaudio MM1040 x2 -- Pioneer P99 -- Rockford Fosgate P1000X5D
  • exalted512
    exalted512 Posts: 10,735
    edited April 2005
    Yea, I own you all on post count...
    anyway, I will never believe this cable burn in...i think its total BS, but if they think it sounds better then more power to them. It could be a noticeable difference, but then again, hes comparing 2 year old cable to brand new cables...i think their could possibly be a difference in manufacturing over 2 years...
    -Cody
    Music is like candy, you have to get rid of the rappers to enjoy it
  • neomagus00
    neomagus00 Posts: 3,899
    edited April 2005
    i think that the data support mac, though i do have a tentative qualifier - the unemployment rate may be down, but the jobs that people hold are moving away from the manufacturing sector and into things like biotech etc... which is great for the country as a whole, but still fuks over the guys that have been working in a steel mill for their entire lives - where're they gonna go when their factories close?

i agree that farming out the BS jobs (if it's not too politically incorrect to say that) overseas will decrease cost whilst maintaining or increasing quality, but here's the problem - you can get college graduates in India that are better-trained for WAY less money than a college graduate wants to make here. i'm lucky, i chose a field that is almost exclusively government-funded, so there will always be a job for me somewhere in the world, but...

and cody - your post count is in the jillions because of posts like this:
    yes
    It's not good, very fundamentally simply not good. - geolemon

"Its not good enough until we have real-time fearmongering. I want my fear mongered as it happens." - Shizelbs
  • exalted512
    edited April 2005
    what thread did that come from?
    -Cody
  • audiobliss
    edited April 2005
    And what is your job......I may be interested....:p
    In Use
    Epson 8700UB

In Storage
    [Home Audio]
    Klipsch RF-35, RB-51ii

[Car Audio]
  • audiobliss
    edited April 2005
    Originally posted by exalted512
    what thread did that come from?
    -Cody

Any thread you've posted in!! :p
    In Use
    Epson 8700UB

In Storage
    [Home Audio]
    Klipsch RF-35, RB-51ii

[Car Audio]
  • neomagus00
    edited April 2005
    Originally posted by audiobliss
    And what is your job......I may be interested....:p
    physicist (in training at the moment :))... my interests lie specifically in the unification of quantum phenomena with cosomological phenomena
    Any thread you've posted in!!
    zactly

"Its not good enough until we have real-time fearmongering. I want my fear mongered as it happens." - Shizelbs
  • exalted512
    edited April 2005
    this thread smells of jealousy...
    sometimes its best to just keep things simple...its when people start saying stuff like this:
    Originally posted by neomagus00
    the unification of quantum phenomena with cosomological phenomena
    ...that people start getting confused
    -Cody
  • MacLeod
    edited April 2005
    Yes some people do get screwed over in the process but thats progress, there is no avoiding it.

Just think of the people that had great jobs making horse buggy whips. They may have made the best buggy whips in the world but time moves on and people must adapt.

It sucks but that is life and its better for all in the end.

And Cody, Im catching up to you!! :p
    MECA SQ Rookie of the Year 06 ~ MECA State Champ 06,07,08,11 ~ MECA World Finals 2nd place 06,07,08,09
    08 Car Audio Nationals 1st ~ 07 N Georgia Nationals 1st ~ 06 Carl Casper Nationals 1st ~ USACi 05 Southeast AutumnFest 1st

polkaudio SR6500 --- polkaudio MM1040 x2 -- Pioneer P99 -- Rockford Fosgate P1000X5D
  • exalted512
    edited April 2005
    not a chance, the day you pass this screen name is the day you have to pass 1800 more from my last one;)
    -Cody
  • neomagus00
    edited April 2005
    hehe... doesn't the superman one still have like 1.5 posts/day?

mac - yep, the buggy whip makers did adapt, but probably into axle makers or somesuch... it's a bit harder to adapt from, say, a panel welder in a factory to, say, a banker...

• Jstas
    Jstas Posts: 14,804
    edited April 2005
    Originally posted by neomagus00

4: jstas, i didn't know you competed... elaborate?

No. I don't need to be told I'm showing off or that I think I know everything or that I'm lying or that I have a chip on my shoulder. You'll just have to use your imagination from now on.
    Expert Moron Extraordinaire

You're just jealous 'cause the voices don't talk to you!
  • audiobliss
    edited April 2005
    Well, you could help us out a little bit.....:D
    In Use
    Epson 8700UB

In Storage
    [Home Audio]
    Klipsch RF-35, RB-51ii

[Car Audio]
  • AustinKP
    AustinKP Posts: 861
    edited April 2005
    dude, it's not showing off if we ask for it, right? I'd like to hear your experiences, at least out of curiosity...
    http://www.silverdragon.com/punkie/cybertusk/net.idiot.html - Read it, know it

Alpine 9815
    Polk MM6's in custom fiberglass door pods
    Ascendant Audio Atlas 12
    HiFonics Zeus ZX6400 - 85x2 + 350x1
    2 Gallons SecondSkin Spectrum V.2
  • Jstas
    edited April 2005
    No, sorry. Never again will I relate any experience, knowledge or anecdote at this group of forumds again. Only correcting of mistakes with hard evidence and refuting myths and other mis-information.

• audiobliss
    edited April 2005
    Well, if you're not going to share that 'experience, knowledge or anecdote' here, then I'd prefer you not mention that you even have them.

Who on this forum blew up at you and your stories that you took it so seriously as to never speak of them again?! That's rather ridiculous.
    In Use
    Epson 8700UB

In Storage
    [Home Audio]
    Klipsch RF-35, RB-51ii

[Car Audio]
  • Jstas
    edited April 2005
    I didn't talk of any experience, I only stated that I used to compete. That is a fact and if I could find results online, I would show the proof but I can't so I won't discuss it any further than making the statement that I used to compete.

• audiobliss
    edited April 2005
    But my point was why say that you used to compete if you're not going to say anything more about it? To give what you say about audio equipment/instals more authority? That won't work if you don't tell us the conditions which taught you whatever it is you're saying. Besides, you don't need that 'sticker of approval'. From what you say and how it's evident you're knowledgeable.

So, why say you used to compete if you're going to refuse to tell us anything about it???
    In Use
    Epson 8700UB

In Storage
    [Home Audio]
    Klipsch RF-35, RB-51ii

[Car Audio]
  • MacLeod
    edited April 2005
    Dude, I understand where youre coming from but this isnt the HA side. We're all here to learn, especially me as I do plan on eventually competing one day and if youve got experiences to share then by all means share! You dont have to prove anything. If someone chooses not to believe you then F them! I for one have no problem taking you at your word and Im sure the others wouldnt either.

Originally posted by exalted512
    not a chance, the day you pass this screen name is the day you have to pass 1800 more from my last one

What other screen name? I dont remember any other screen name. :D

• swerve
    swerve Posts: 1,862
    edited April 2005
    I'm fennin to catch you all!

my box shipped yesterday and i ordered my kicker ****...
    cats.vans.bag...
  • neomagus00
    edited April 2005
    i'd chime in and agree that 1) jstas clearly knows where he's coming from and 2) the very fact that he backs up arguments with data and not opinion shows that he'd be a good guy to provide advice...

i'd agree to that and more, except he seems to be violently against the idea and that it sounds like he's speaking, once again, from past experience, so i'll leave well enough alone...

despite the fact that i'd love to learn about 'life in the trenches', as it were...

• exalted512
    edited April 2005
    Originally posted by MacLeod
    What other screen name? I dont remember any other screen name. :D
    http://clubpolk.polkaudio.com/forum/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=27339
    that ring a bell?
    still going strong with 1.39 posts per day:D
    I think I'm going to start posting with that one again to get up to 2000 posts with that one...lol
    -Cody
  • AustinKP
    AustinKP Posts: 861
    edited April 2005
    Cody... *shakes head* you're ridiculous :)
    Jstas - I hope to maybe compete some day soon, so I'd appreciate any tips, experiences, whatever that could help. Hard evidence is hardly necessary to share past experiences...
    http://www.silverdragon.com/punkie/cybertusk/net.idiot.html - Read it, know it

Alpine 9815
    Polk MM6's in custom fiberglass door pods
    Ascendant Audio Atlas 12
    HiFonics Zeus ZX6400 - 85x2 + 350x1
    2 Gallons SecondSkin Spectrum V.2
  • MacLeod
    edited April 2005
    Thats not really him. That was some other dude also named Cody (cause if you live in Texas you have to be named either Cody or Austin, its just a law somewhere) and he's just trying to claim all those posts for himself. But Im much too smart to fall for something like that!

:p

• VR3
    VR3 Posts: 28,529
    edited April 2005
    Oddly enough...
    a Texan moved up this way and his name is Cody...odd
    - Not Tom ::::::: Any system can play Diana Krall. Only the best can play Limp Bizkit.
  • MacLeod
    edited April 2005
    I lived in Texas for years and it seemed like everybody that recently had a kid it was either named Austin or Cody.

Hell a good friend that worked with me had 2 boys. Austin (5) and Cody (2)!

Its a Texas thang!

• exalted512
    edited April 2005
    either way you look at it, i still have a bigger...
    ...post count
    -Cody
  • MacLeod
    edited April 2005
    For now!

You see, while you waste time going to college and hanging out with friends and such, Ill be here dilligently working to add posts to my count.

You have to have your priorities in order.

• swerve
    swerve Posts: 1,862
    edited April 2005
    I'm going to retire from this forum here shortly. you guys aren't good enough anymore.

-adam
    cats.vans.bag...