Toys in the attic-Transformers

2»

Comments

• audiobliss
    audiobliss Posts: 12,518
    edited April 2005
    I remember just a few years ago I'd go out in the natural area in the back yard and find a nice stick that curved about right for a gun. Then I'd whittle it and sand it down in areas and I'd have myself a gun! I remember I did that with about 4 or 5 'guns.'

I wonder if GI Joe figures are worth anything. That's about the only thing I can think of that I have. I probably have about 6 or 7 of those guys.
    Jstas wrote: »
    Simple question. If you had a cool million bucks, what would you do with it?
    Wonder WTF happened to the rest of my money.
    In Use
    PS3, Yamaha CDR-HD1300, Plex, Amazon Fire TV Gen 2
    Pioneer Elite VSX-52, Parasound HCA-1000A
    Klipsch RF-82ii, RC-62ii, RS-42ii, RW-10d
    Epson 8700UB

In Storage
    [Home Audio]
    Rotel RCD-02, Yamaha KX-W900U, Sony ST-S500ES, Denon DP-7F
    Pro-Ject Phono Box MKII, Parasound P/HP-850, ASL Wave 20 monoblocks
    Klipsch RF-35, RB-51ii

[Car Audio]
    Pioneer Premier DEH-P860MP, Memphis 16-MCA3004, Boston Acoustic RC520
  • goingganzo
    goingganzo Posts: 2,793
    edited April 2005
    i have metro plex and the dino soar ald about 20 others and also about 20 he-man
  • rnp614
    rnp614 Posts: 598
    edited April 2005
    Originally posted by venomclan
    Voltron

Oh my god I want it.
  • VR3
    VR3 Posts: 28,571
    edited April 2005
    I use to have a Voltron....yes I did...

It was destroyed when I went through my 'destructive' stage
    - Not Tom ::::::: Any system can play Diana Krall. Only the best can play Limp Bizkit.
  • rnp614
    edited April 2005
    I wonder how much really minty ones go for....hrmmmm:D
  • AsSiMiLaTeD
    AsSiMiLaTeD Posts: 11,725
    edited April 2005
    Originally posted by venomclan
    Hi Guys,
    Thanks for your input. I heard Michael Bay was directing also. originally it was Speilberg. Will be interesting to see how it goes.

Venom
    Cool. He'll have all the characters cursing all the time and blowing stuff up...it'll be like Bad Boys 3, only with animated characters instead...:D
  • VR3
    edited April 2005
    This transformers movie is LIVE-ACTION, *NOT* animated. I am sure the robots will be CGI, but it will be....like star wars I suppose...

I hear the Dinobots will not be in it...effers
    - Not Tom ::::::: Any system can play Diana Krall. Only the best can play Limp Bizkit.
  • VR3
    edited April 2005
  • polksda
    polksda Posts: 716
    edited April 2005
    We were poor, so I never got the cool state-of-the-art toys. I had a rock and a stick once.

Seriously though, I had an erector set with a motor (weighed a damned ton, was good for giving yourself cuts) and absolute boatloads of Legos (I still thing Legos are friggin' awesome). Of course back then there weren't themed sets, just sets based on the number of pieces.

It's amazing what people have built out of Legos. One example worth a read:

http://www.amyhughes.org/lego/church/index.html

church099.jpg

church011.jpg

church019.jpg

church010.jpg

church018.jpg

church028.jpg

church031.jpg

church006.jpg

church007.jpg

church026.jpg

church022.jpg

PreciousInChurch008.jpg
  • audiobliss
    audiobliss Posts: 12,518
    edited April 2005
    Man, that is AMAZING!! And just in case you can't quite get a feel for the size of that thing (I couldn't), he says he made a shelf in it to sit on when he's working on it, and he gets in it by using a 6 foot ladder! A six foot ladder!!! That's amazing.....
    Jstas wrote: »
    Simple question. If you had a cool million bucks, what would you do with it?
    Wonder WTF happened to the rest of my money.
    In Use
    PS3, Yamaha CDR-HD1300, Plex, Amazon Fire TV Gen 2
    Pioneer Elite VSX-52, Parasound HCA-1000A
    Klipsch RF-82ii, RC-62ii, RS-42ii, RW-10d
    Epson 8700UB

In Storage
    [Home Audio]
    Rotel RCD-02, Yamaha KX-W900U, Sony ST-S500ES, Denon DP-7F
    Pro-Ject Phono Box MKII, Parasound P/HP-850, ASL Wave 20 monoblocks
    Klipsch RF-35, RB-51ii

[Car Audio]
    Pioneer Premier DEH-P860MP, Memphis 16-MCA3004, Boston Acoustic RC520
  • rnp614
    edited April 2005
    In all seriousness though, you need to send me that Voltron :D:p
  • venomclan
    venomclan Posts: 2,467
    edited April 2005
    Hi rnp614,
    Its good to see that I am not the only Voltron fan. However, it will take the deed to your house in exchange for me to part with this one lol.

I remember in fifth grade I took it to school fully assembled and was the king. As I walked home with it through the school, I had a buddy as a body guard repelling curious onlookers who wanted to get thier their hands on my robot. Damn 3rd grade Paparazzi! lol

I will post another pic with the lions unassebled, with all their rockets and mouth piece swords/blades.
  • aaharvel
    aaharvel Posts: 4,489
    edited December 2005
    Major Bumpage
    H/K Signature 2.1+235
    Jungson MagicBoat II
    Revel Performa M-20
    Velodyne cht-10 sub
    Rega P1 Turntable

"People working at Polk Audio must sit around the office and just laugh their balls off reading many of these comments." -Lush
  • VR3
    edited December 2005
    Why?

GOOD NEWS... I got my majorly awesome Transformers back from my Dad's house! W00 H00!

I would take some pictures but my camera is broke.. :(

But anyways, I have one of the coolest Optimus Primes... its an Ultra Magnus and Optimus Prime conbimbed to make an Ultra Prime of sorts... very big dude... not quite as big as my Unicron.

I wish I picked up the 20th Anniversery Prime... I will...eventually.

I also got the Dragon Megatron (my only Megatron). And a Optimus Primal dude (really big mother effer). Tons of Optimus Prime versions on this end.

Nothing quite as nice as my 1982 original Optimus Prime.
  • aaharvel
    edited December 2005
    they sold unicron?

the sob must have been huge!
    H/K Signature 2.1+235
    Jungson MagicBoat II
    Revel Performa M-20
    Velodyne cht-10 sub
    Rega P1 Turntable

"People working at Polk Audio must sit around the office and just laugh their balls off reading many of these comments." -Lush
  • aaharvel
    edited December 2005
    I wish i still had my Castle Greyskull and Snake Mountain (With the microphone). For some reason that **** would be worth alotta money today.
    H/K Signature 2.1+235
    Jungson MagicBoat II
    Revel Performa M-20
    Velodyne cht-10 sub
    Rega P1 Turntable

• VR3
    edited December 2005
    I thought I had a picture of em on my computer??

Oh well.. since I cant find a pic...

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/B000096RBD/103-3920043-0574210

Its under my bed, I may have to bring it out and set it back up. But yes, it is very big. LOL...

But I still want the Optimus Prime 20th Anniversery.
  • aaharvel
    edited December 2005
    oh my god. I want it.

seriously. :D
    H/K Signature 2.1+235
    Jungson MagicBoat II
    Revel Performa M-20
    Velodyne cht-10 sub
    Rega P1 Turntable

• VR3
    edited December 2005
    I dont sit here and play with em, but I do enjoy owning them. Something about them just are COOL.

However, the current releases are pretty freakin ****! lol...

Bring on the movie.
  • ohskigod
    ohskigod Posts: 6,502
    edited December 2005
    the original Jetfire is still my fave. nearly all metal, looked cool in plane and robot mode :)
    Living Room 2 Channel -
    Schiit SYS Passive Pre. Jolida CD player. Songbird streamer. California Audio Labs Sigma II DAC, DIY 300as1/a1 Ice modules Class D amp. LSi15 with MM842 woofer upgrade, Nordost Blue Heaven and Unity interconnects.

Upstairs 2 Channel Rig -
    Prometheus Ref. TVC passive pre, SAE A-205 Amp, Wiim pro streamer and Topping E50 DAC, California Audio Labs DX1 CD player, Von Schweikert VR3.5 speakers.

Studio Rig - Scarlett 18i20(Gen3) DAW, Mac Mini, Aiyma A07 Max (BridgedX2), Totem Mites
  • ohskigod
    ohskigod Posts: 6,502
    edited December 2005
    I dont know if the Robotech series stole from Jetfire or vice versa?
    Living Room 2 Channel -
    Schiit SYS Passive Pre. Jolida CD player. Songbird streamer. California Audio Labs Sigma II DAC, DIY 300as1/a1 Ice modules Class D amp. LSi15 with MM842 woofer upgrade, Nordost Blue Heaven and Unity interconnects.

Upstairs 2 Channel Rig -
    Prometheus Ref. TVC passive pre, SAE A-205 Amp, Wiim pro streamer and Topping E50 DAC, California Audio Labs DX1 CD player, Von Schweikert VR3.5 speakers.

Studio Rig - Scarlett 18i20(Gen3) DAW, Mac Mini, Aiyma A07 Max (BridgedX2), Totem Mites
  • bobman1235
    bobman1235 Posts: 10,822
    edited December 2005
    I keep seeing the name of t his thread and thinking it's about the Aerosmith album.
    If you will it, dude, it is no dream.
  • rdman
    rdman Posts: 36
    edited June 2007
    wow, impressive collection. I have a box of toys. 2 megatrons, 2 dino's and astrotrain. But I swear, Megatron toy robot form is the ugliest ever.
  • Systems
    Systems Posts: 14,873
    edited June 2007
    I had just about every early transformer there was and I sold them when I was in my later teens at a garage sell for like $1 each and they flew out of that sale.
    Testing
    Testing
    Testing
  • venomclan
    venomclan Posts: 2,467
    edited June 2007
    I was thinking about this thread the other day as the movie approaches. They are sitting in a box in the attic and I get the urge to play with them. I am 33 and not afraid to admit I still love them. :)

Now where are my Gi Joe's?
    Venom