NAD C320BEE vs Cambridge Audio Azur 540A

Options
2»

Comments

• dkg999
    dkg999 Posts: 5,647
    edited April 2005
    Options
    The EPOS I got from this seller were new also! I asked and he is supposedly an authorized dealer. I agree on the break in period, it's at least 50 hours.
    DKG999
    HT System: LSi9, LSiCx2, LSiFX, LSi7, SVS 20-39 PC+, B&K 507.s2 AVR, B&K Ref 125.2, Tripplite LCR-2400, Cambridge 650BD, Signal Cable PC/SC, BJC IC, Samsung 55" LED

Music System: Magnepan 1.6QR, SVS SB12+, ARC pre, Parasound HCA1500 vertically bi-amped, Jolida CDP, Pro-Ject RM5.1SE TT, Pro-Ject TubeBox SE phono pre, SBT, PS Audio DLIII DAC
  • khanhhuynh4u
    khanhhuynh4u Posts: 40
    edited April 2005
    Options
    anyone tried the Rega Brio amp yet? that dude said its the best in the 300-700 price range or is it worth it getting a Creek A50iR for $800 instead?...im trying to get something thats worth it and going to last for a while so i dont want to make any mistakes...but so far still deciding over NAD C320BEE or C352, thanks guys
  • khanhhuynh4u
    edited April 2005
    Options
    i just read that the Epos is 87dB sensitivity so do you guys think a 50w amp like NAD could make good sounds with it? i read that it needed some more watt?
  • khanhhuynh4u
    edited April 2005
    Options
    OK final amp would be NAD C352 more watts and same price as the C320BEE can't find it cheaper than $400...but have anyone ordered here? http://cls.audiogon.com/cgi-bin/cls.pl?ddintatran&1116093933

from AMERICAN THEATER SYSTEMS.iNC give me some dirt on them please thanks
  • dorokusai
    dorokusai Posts: 25,576
    edited April 2005
    Options
    Unauthorized dealer.
    CTC BBQ Amplifier, Sonic Frontiers Line3 Pre-Amplifier and Wadia 581 SACD player. Speakers? Always changing but for now, Mission Argonauts I picked up for $50 bucks, mint.
  • Emlyn
    Emlyn Posts: 4,377
    edited April 2005
    Options
    Originally posted by khanhhuynh4u
    i just read that the Epos is 87dB sensitivity so do you guys think a 50w amp like NAD could make good sounds with it? i read that it needed some more watt?

Remember the speakers are also 4 ohm nominal impedance, so the NAD integrated would be capable of putting around 80 watts per channel continuously rated to them. You shouldn't need more because the speakers are rated compatible with amps from 25 watts/channel up to 100 watts/channel. On the other hand, don't expect the speakers to be able to fill a large room with very loud volume levels. They're not that kind of speaker. They're best used in smaller rooms, or in larger rooms at reasonable volume levels.
  • khanhhuynh4u
    edited April 2005
    Options
    thanks Emlyn for the tip.....but who or wheres a authorized dealer online? cause buying in store would be too much tax and way more expensive than online...
  • dorokusai
    edited April 2005
    Options
    You may want to try the NAD website for that information. If it's not on the website, it's not authorized.

www.nadelectronics.com
    CTC BBQ Amplifier, Sonic Frontiers Line3 Pre-Amplifier and Wadia 581 SACD player. Speakers? Always changing but for now, Mission Argonauts I picked up for $50 bucks, mint.
  • dragon1952
    dragon1952 Posts: 4,897
    edited April 2005
    Options
    I emailed the place and asked what kind of warranty they offered and this is what I got back:

QUOTEMy store i s NAD AUTHORIZED the unit is brand new .I have only (2) left so if you are truely serious PLEASE GET on the phone I will NOT offer ranchecks at the $409.00 sale price -the new cost after these are sold will be $459--CALL TO ORDER

Thank you VERY much for your interest.......go to WWW.AMSOUND.COM see who we are, and why AMERICAN THEATER is the best source for all your home theater needs-- Check out our AUDIOGON & VIDEOGON listing as well! We have been in the business since 1978 and delivered more then 150,000 systems ---- We have the worlds best matching components to complete the home theater of your dreams! WE WANT YOUR BUSINESS, and we GUARANTEE THE BEST PRICES!800-889-5845QUOTE

blah, blah, blah...........
    2 channel - Willsenton R8 tube integrated, Holo Audio Spring 3 KTE DAC, audio optimized NUC7i5, Windows 10 Pro/JRiver MC29/Fidelizer Plus 8.7 w/LPS and external SSD drive, PS Audio PerfectWave P3 regenerator, KEF R3 speakers, Rythmik F12SE subwoofer, Audioquest Diamond USB cable, Gabriel Gold IC's, Morrow Audio SP5 speaker cables. Computer - Windows 10/JRiver, Schiit Magni 3+/Modi 3+, Fostex PMO.4n monitors, Sennheiser HD600 headphones
  • khanhhuynh4u
    edited April 2005
    Options
    thanks dragon1952 for the help so should i trust this place or should i look somewhere else? because im ready to buy asap
  • dorokusai
    edited April 2005
    Options
    As stated previously, if it's not on the NAD website, or confirmed via voice, BY NAD ELECTRONICS....they are not authorized.

The response sounds real professional huh?

Good luck, I'm outta here...and you're on your own.
  • dragon1952
    edited April 2005
    Options
    I'm just passing on their response to my warranty question. Like doro says, I'd verify it with NAD.
    2 channel - Willsenton R8 tube integrated, Holo Audio Spring 3 KTE DAC, audio optimized NUC7i5, Windows 10 Pro/JRiver MC29/Fidelizer Plus 8.7 w/LPS and external SSD drive, PS Audio PerfectWave P3 regenerator, KEF R3 speakers, Rythmik F12SE subwoofer, Audioquest Diamond USB cable, Gabriel Gold IC's, Morrow Audio SP5 speaker cables. Computer - Windows 10/JRiver, Schiit Magni 3+/Modi 3+, Fostex PMO.4n monitors, Sennheiser HD600 headphones
  • dragon1952
    edited April 2005
    Options
    OK....i did it for you.
    Response from NAD:

"http://www.amsound.com/ is NOT an authorized dealer for NAD Electronics. You would not have our manufacturer's warranty on units purchased from them."
    so should i trust this place or should i look somewhere else?

Based on their feedback you can certainly trust them to deliver a nice NAD. The question is do you want to roll the dice on the warranty issue to save some money? It's basically the same potential problem you would face buying used.

EDIT: I subsequently emailed the seller and told them that NAD said they were not an authorized dealer. Their response was:

"You probably looked under AMERICAN THEATER SYSTEMS. We are the home theater design and installations center and do the larger installs for three different NAD authoized dealers

They ACTUALLY do the shipping directly your customers.They also provide their RETAIL STORE INVOICE so that you get the FULL NAD warranty coverage-- BUT , they are all but SOLD-OUT I between the several source There is JUST ONE left at $409.00
    800-889-5845"

Call them and talk to them if you're concerned about it. But better hurry....each time they respond there's ONLY ONE LEFT!!! :eek:
    :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:
  • dkg999
    edited April 2005
    Options
    I just bought the NAD C720BEE receiver from Saturday Audio Exchange for a pretty good discount off of retail, especially since this receive is new and every NAD retailer I called has not been able to keep them in stock due to the demand. Saturday Audio is an authorized NAD dealer (www.saturdayaudio.com).
    DKG999
    HT System: LSi9, LSiCx2, LSiFX, LSi7, SVS 20-39 PC+, B&K 507.s2 AVR, B&K Ref 125.2, Tripplite LCR-2400, Cambridge 650BD, Signal Cable PC/SC, BJC IC, Samsung 55" LED

Music System: Magnepan 1.6QR, SVS SB12+, ARC pre, Parasound HCA1500 vertically bi-amped, Jolida CDP, Pro-Ject RM5.1SE TT, Pro-Ject TubeBox SE phono pre, SBT, PS Audio DLIII DAC
  • khanhhuynh4u
    edited April 2005
    Options
    ok i called saturday audio also and the NAD C320BEE was $329 and NAD C352 was $479 but if i live in Dallas how much will the shipping cost or is the price includes shipping? sorry i forgot to ask them
  • dragon1952
    edited April 2005
    Options
    They do charge for shipping. I would estimate around $25-$30.
    BTW, I got my current CD player from them. Good place!
  • dkg999
    edited April 2005
    Options
    Saturday Audio is pretty reaonable on shipping. I actually work in Schaumburg IL, which is about 45 min. from their stores with good traffic, and I had them ship my receiver from downtown Chicago to the NW suburbs just because it's a hassle to go downtown, and I have a lot to do this week, and OK I'm lazy! If you watch their specials/demos they do have some good deals. Normal prices seem to be reasonable, and they are authorized sellers for what they carry. Nice people to deal with.
    DKG999

• khanhhuynh4u
    edited April 2005
    Options
    oohh also if it gets broken will i get free service from them to get it fix? its long distance so i dunno if they'll do it. thanks for all the help guys
  • dragon1952
    edited April 2005
    Options
    I believe if you needed warranty work they'd try and find an authorized repair facility close to you, or else you'll probably have to ship it either to them or NAD at your expense and then NAD or them would ship it back at their expense. That's just an educated guess though.