More deals on DODD AUDIO products

Options
gld
gld Posts: 10
edited July 2005 in 2 Channel Audio
Hello everyone and thanks for all the responce on the ELP. I have had several guys wanting to know more about the midline preamp so I started this thread as not to mess up the one for the ELP. I see that Bob has already posted some pics of it on that thread. Heres the deal. I will offer the midline preamp to all club polk members who might want one. I will sell them for $1300.00 and you get free packaging wich is $60.00 for the box and free shipping as long as you are in the US, if not free packing and still $1300.00. That is $100 dollars plus $60.00 off the normal cost. We will honor this thru April just like the ELP. This is an excellent preamp with killer sonics. As all of my products will be increasing in cost as I am going retail, until then I can offer some really good deals.
Gary:)
Post edited by gld on

Comments

• Tour2ma
    Tour2ma Posts: 10,177
    edited April 2005
    Options
    Gary,

Welcome to Club Polk...

Glad to see you came aboard.
    More later,
    Tour...
    Vox Copuli
    Better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt. - Old English Proverb

"Death doesn't come with a Uhaul." - Dennis Gardner

"It's easy to get lost in price vs performance vs ego vs illusion." - doro
    "There is a certain entertainment value in ripping the occaisonal (sic) buttmunch..." - TroyD
  • RuSsMaN
    RuSsMaN Posts: 17,987
    edited April 2005
    Options
    Good to see you made it in Gary.

Great chance to get some world class gear, without the world class prices fellas. Time to start eating bologna and ramen if need be, make it happen. He's building me a line stage for my Spendor rig, and I can't friggin WAIT.

Cheers,
    Russ
    Check your lips at the door woman. Shake your hips like battleships. Yeah, all the white girls trip when I sing at Sunday service.
  • dorokusai
    dorokusai Posts: 25,576
    edited April 2005
    Options
    Gary, it's nice to see you here and getting some of these guys on the next level. Don't be a stranger.
    CTC BBQ Amplifier, Sonic Frontiers Line3 Pre-Amplifier and Wadia 581 SACD player. Speakers? Always changing but for now, Mission Argonauts I picked up for $50 bucks, mint.
  • BobMcG
    BobMcG Posts: 1,585
    edited April 2005
    Options
    Good to see you here Gary. I had a feeling others would be interested in the Mid, especially after seeing it. It's beautiful!
  • gld
    edited April 2005
    Options
    You guys should see the one I did out of rosewood. Russman has seen it. More money though.
    Gary
  • dragon1952
    dragon1952 Posts: 4,897
    edited April 2005
    Options
    Why should we trust anyone with only 2 posts? :D
    2 channel - Willsenton R8 tube integrated, Holo Audio Spring 3 KTE DAC, audio optimized NUC7i5, Windows 10 Pro/JRiver MC29/Fidelizer Plus 8.7 w/LPS and external SSD drive, PS Audio PerfectWave P3 regenerator, KEF R3 speakers, Rythmik F12SE subwoofer, Audioquest Diamond USB cable, Gabriel Gold IC's, Morrow Audio SP5 speaker cables. Computer - Windows 10/JRiver, Schiit Magni 3+/Modi 3+, Fostex PMO.4n monitors, Sennheiser HD600 headphones
  • BobMcG
    edited April 2005
    Options
    Like how much more???
  • gld
    edited April 2005
    Options
    Heres a pic of the rosewood pre. Not a great pic but you'll get the idea.
  • Frank Z
    Frank Z Posts: 5,860
    edited April 2005
    Options
    $60 for a box?
    9/11 - WE WILL NEVER FORGET!! (<---<<click)
    2005-06 Club Polk Football Pool Champion!! :D
  • RuSsMaN
    edited April 2005
    Options
    If posts matter, put my 9 large in his corner.

Bob, it's stunning. I almost starting wacking it like a red-assed monkey when I saw it.

Yeah, packed to actually arrive alive, can you believe it?

Cheers,
    Russ
    Check your lips at the door woman. Shake your hips like battleships. Yeah, all the white girls trip when I sing at Sunday service.
  • gld
    edited April 2005
    Options
    Woops that didn't work, maybe this will:)
  • halo
    halo Posts: 5,616
    edited April 2005
    Options
    Wow! Thats nice man!
    Audio: Polk S15 * Polk S35 * Polk S10 * SVS SB-1000 Pro
    HT: Samsung QN90B * Marantz NR1510 * Panasonic DMP-BDT220 * Roku Ultra LT * APC H10
  • BobMcG
    edited April 2005
    Options
    Holly smokes!!!

Here I was picturing only the sides done!
  • RuSsMaN
    edited April 2005
    Options
    Ain't it Bob? And in your neck of the woods, you don't have to worry about that v-neck college sweater and static anymore.

Cheers,
    Russ
  • jcaut
    jcaut Posts: 1,849
    edited April 2005
    Options
    Wow! That's gorgeous!

That's the midline pre, but the rosewood is optional.... Am I reading that right? --EDIT-- Yes, I saw the pics of the non-rosewood version, now. Is the rosewood a "regular" option, or more of a limited thing?

Jason
  • dorokusai
    dorokusai Posts: 25,576
    edited April 2005
    Options
    Frank - I'll just say that the packing is top notch and you can't get anymore bombproof. It defines shipping standard IMO.
    CTC BBQ Amplifier, Sonic Frontiers Line3 Pre-Amplifier and Wadia 581 SACD player. Speakers? Always changing but for now, Mission Argonauts I picked up for $50 bucks, mint.
  • Shizelbs
    Shizelbs Posts: 7,433
    edited April 2005
    Options
    IwantitIwantitIwantitIwantitIwantitIwantit!

Sweet mother of pearl, that is beatiful.
  • Shizelbs
    edited April 2005
    Options
    Originally posted by dorokusai
    Frank - I'll just say that the packing is top notch and you can't get anymore bombproof. It defines shipping standard IMO.

Agreed.

On another note, I would be interested in the Dodd headphone amp one of these days.
  • dragon1952
    dragon1952 Posts: 4,897
    edited April 2005
    Options
    You got that pharmacist paycheck coming. This **** shouldn't scare you at all :D
    2 channel - Willsenton R8 tube integrated, Holo Audio Spring 3 KTE DAC, audio optimized NUC7i5, Windows 10 Pro/JRiver MC29/Fidelizer Plus 8.7 w/LPS and external SSD drive, PS Audio PerfectWave P3 regenerator, KEF R3 speakers, Rythmik F12SE subwoofer, Audioquest Diamond USB cable, Gabriel Gold IC's, Morrow Audio SP5 speaker cables. Computer - Windows 10/JRiver, Schiit Magni 3+/Modi 3+, Fostex PMO.4n monitors, Sennheiser HD600 headphones
  • Shizelbs
    edited April 2005
    Options
    Originally posted by dragon1952
    You got that pharmacist paycheck coming. This **** shouldn't scare you at all :D

And a diamond ring to buy, and a wedding to help pay for, and a house to improve the room acoutics for my rig. One of these days :)

Anyways, back on track.
  • gld
    edited April 2005
    Options
    It is definately limited Being able to find Bolivian Rosewood is very hard, especially large pieces of any thickness. I can do more of them, and they can be had with any wood you like, it just adds to the cost.
    g:)
  • Tour2ma
    edited April 2005
    Options
    Talk about "gettin' wood"...

Even the knobs.... Beautiful...

Gary, what's your "trade-up" policy? ;)

More later,
    Tour...
    Vox Copuli
    Better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt. - Old English Proverb

"There is a certain entertainment value in ripping the occaisonal (sic) buttmunch..." - TroyD
  • RuSsMaN
    edited April 2005
    Options
    His trade up policy as follows:

1. Sell what you have on Audiogon.

2. Give him the money you make on the sale, + more money, and get new gear.

Cheers,
    Russ
  • polkatese
    polkatese Posts: 6,767
    edited April 2005
    Options
    very nice, indeed!

Russ, I'll be in need of your (and Doro) infinite wisdom of rolling different tubes in the very near future. :cool:
    I am sorry, I have no opinion on the matter. I am sure you do. So, don't mind me, I just want to talk audio and pie.
  • pjdami
    pjdami Posts: 1,894
    edited April 2005
    Options
    Originally posted by polkatese
    very nice, indeed!

Russ, I'll be in need of your (and Doro) infinite wisdom of rolling different tubes in the very near future. :cool:

PT,
    Congrats if you decide to get one. Per my PM reply to you, I'm certain Russ and / or Doro would be more than willing to help you out since they have hands on experience with this unit (which I would love to have too but just can't justify right now).

Could be a very interesting combo with the Krell in theater bypass mode (amp section only).
    Paul
  • polkatese
    polkatese Posts: 6,767
    edited April 2005
    Options
    Paul, thanks, yes..can't help it.

Thanks for your feedback, now I can hold you responsible for that decision! ;)

Your weekend plan with the Cary and Krell, do let me know once completed, I am anxious (as hell) even more, to find out.
    I am sorry, I have no opinion on the matter. I am sure you do. So, don't mind me, I just want to talk audio and pie.
  • gld
    edited April 2005
    Options
    Hi guys, just letting you know that I have signed the deal to go mainstream, so if you want it you better get it now. I will not be able to offer this kind of deal again, at least not on these products.
    Gary:(
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,880
    edited April 2005
    Options
    Bolivian rosewood (Morado) of good thickness and length is not that hard to find. Here's a small sample of business' that carry it. Hope that helps.

http://www.exotic-wood.com/bolivian_rosewood.htm

http://www.willardbrothers.net/EXOTIC%20LUMBER.htm

http://www.woodfinder.com/listings/011262.php

Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• Tour2ma
    edited April 2005
    Options
    Congrats on your contract, Gary, and good luck.
    More later,
    Tour...
    Vox Copuli

• beardog03
    beardog03 Posts: 5,550
    edited April 2005
    Options
    man..!
    just when you thought you were out...
    They puuulll you backin..!

Very nice, indeed...

Is this unit that much better than the ELP..?
    Cary SLP-98L F1 DC Pre Amp (Jag Blue)
    Parasound HCA-3500
    Cary Audio V12 amp (Jag Red)
    Polk Audio Xm Reciever (Autographed by THE MAN Himself) :cool:
    Magnum Dynalab MD-102 Analog Tuna
    Jolida JD-100 CDP
    Polk Audio LSi9 Speaks (ebony)
    SVS PC-Ultra Sub
    AQ Bedrock Speaker Cables (Bi-Wired)
    MIT Shotgun S1 I/C`s
    AQ Black Thunder Sub Cables
    PS Audio Plus Power Cords
    Magnum Dynalab ST-2 FM Antenna
    Sanus Cherry wood Speak Stands
    Adona AV45CS3 / 3 Tier Rack (Black /Gold)

:cool: