A few things for sale..

Options
jcaut
jcaut Posts: 1,849
edited April 2005 in For Sale (FS) Classifieds
Still Available:

1) Vintage Pioneer SA-6800 integrated. **ON HOLD** Potential problem with the unit. See below, or PM me for more info.

2)Polk CS175i center channel speaker. This is like new in the box. I used it briefly for back-surround duty, but it's spent most of its life in the box it came in. This is a nice center channel--- particularly for a small-room HT. It has the 3/4" polymer dome tweeter and does a very good job on movie dialog. Compared to the tri-lam in my CS400i, it sounds a little more mellow and laid back, which I think is a desirable quality for center channel duty. I wouldn't be afraid to match it up with R, RT, or RTi fronts. I think I'll ask $75 shipped, lower 48.

3) Radio Shack MPA-200 stereo PA amp. Again this is like new in the box. I bought it on closeout for $200 and used it once in a DJ setting, when I played music for my sister's wedding. Beyond that I've only had it hooked up to play with it. Seems fairly well built, has rack handles and analog meters, a "clipping" LED, switching for two pairs of speakers, and L/R level controls. Obviously not the first choice for hi-fi use, but it's not bad either. They recently closed out a later edition for $150 that was rated 125Wpc: It had a rear panel fan. Mine doesn't, but looks nicer. Asking $150 + shipping.

4) Kenwood KRV-8070 DPL receiver. Another like-new item, just an outdated one. I realize there's not much demand for Pro Logic surround receivers anymore. This is actually a pretty beefy receiver. IMO, it's built better than the Kenwood models that followed it, and I thought it sounded pretty good. I switched from this to one of the lower-end Sony ES models and found the Kenwood to sound better than the Sony (No offense to Sony fans) This 8070 seemed to have more power and ran much cooler. 120Wpc in stereo mode, both channels driven. It's rated 100Wpc X 3 across the front in surround, and 100W total for the rear channels. Used in line-direct mode to bypass the processing, I believe it would make a decent budget receiver for two-channel use. I think I'll ask $120, but that may be high. We can talk. I've got the box and manual. I have some intrest locally, but no solid deal yet, so still available.

5)**SOLD** Sony TC K461S
Post edited by jcaut on

Comments

• jcaut
    edited April 2005
    Options
    Sold, removed the pic..
  • jcaut
    edited April 2005
    Options
  • jcaut
    edited April 2005
    Options
  • jcaut
    edited April 2005
    Options
  • jcaut
    edited April 2005
    Options
    Gone. Removed the picture.
  • jcaut
    edited April 2005
    Options
  • jcaut
    edited April 2005
    Options
    Here's the Kenwood receiver.
    8070.jpg 111.3K
  • jcaut
    edited April 2005
    Options
  • jcaut
    edited April 2005
    Options
    And some specs...

I'm not going to post a picture of the CS175i unless someone wants one. It's sealed up in the Polk box and is, for all practical purposes, new. Thanks for looking.
  • dorokusai
    dorokusai Posts: 25,576
    edited April 2005
    Options
    Jcaut is a solid Polkie, there would be zero problems dealing with him at this level.

The Carver is a staple of easy power, easy wallet....and the Pioneer is classic Pio, solid ratings and old school sound.
    CTC BBQ Amplifier, Sonic Frontiers Line3 Pre-Amplifier and Wadia 581 SACD player. Speakers? Always changing but for now, Mission Argonauts I picked up for $50 bucks, mint.
  • jcaut
    edited April 2005
    Options
    Thanks doro!

Jason
  • Airplay355
    Airplay355 Posts: 4,298
    edited April 2005
    Options
    im interested in the Carver amp but you said Troy had dibs so let me know what's goin on. I don't wanna step on anyones toes.
  • danger boy
    danger boy Posts: 15,722
    edited April 2005
    Options
    nice gear. you take great care of your gear. that's nice to see. Nice shiny silver faced Pioneer.
    PolkFest 2012, who's going>?
    Vancouver, Canada Sept 30th, 2012 - Madonna concert :cheesygrin:
  • brettw22
    brettw22 Posts: 7,621
    edited April 2005
    Options
    What's the power rating on the Carver?
    comment comment comment comment. bitchy.
  • TroyD
    TroyD Posts: 13,077
    edited April 2005
    Options
    If memory serves, the m0.5t is in the vicinity of 150 or 175 wpc.......

Very nice amp.

Thanks for thinking of me but I'm flush on amps right now.

BDT
    I plan for the future. - F1Nut
  • gmorris
    gmorris Posts: 1,179
    edited April 2005
    Options
    I'm interested in the EQ. I'll PM you for details....
    Bob Mayo, on the keyboards. Bob Mayo.
  • jcaut
    edited April 2005
    Options
    I really don't know the power rating on the Carver. I don't have any documentation on it. I think when it was discussed before we came up with 140wpc, 8 Ohms, but I'm not sure. I'll try to find out. It's very similar to the m200t, and I'm pretty sure that one was 140wpc.

Troy,
    I just thought I'd give you an opportunity to get it back, if you wanted. It's in such nice condition that I wish I could just stash it away as a keeper. I'm trying to come up with some money for some different gear, and since I haven't used it much I figure it needs to go. I'm not going to e-bay it; If it doesn't go to a forum member, I'll just keep it.

So.... No dibs called on the Carver.

Greg: I'll PM you shortly.

Thanks,
    Jason
  • Airplay355
    Airplay355 Posts: 4,298
    edited April 2005
    Options
    hey hey i want it i want it, did you not see my post? lol
  • steveinaz
    steveinaz Posts: 19,522
    edited April 2005
    Options
    Cool stuff, LOVE that Pioneer Integrated. What a steal.
    Source: Bluesound Node 2i - Preamp/DAC: Benchmark DAC2 DX - Amp: Parasound Halo A21 - Speakers: MartinLogan Motion 60XTi - Shop Rig: Yamaha A-S501 Integrated - Shop Spkrs: Elac Debut 2.0 B5.2
  • jcaut
    edited April 2005
    Options
    Bump back to the top one more time.

Thanks for looking.

Jason
  • Spawndn72
    Spawndn72 Posts: 453
    edited April 2005
    Options
    I would like to have the pioneer but I have spent way to much cash in the last week. One more thing, and I think my wife would kill me. If you still have it in a few weeks, I would love to buy it from you.
    Setup:
    Adcom GFA-545 amp
    Nad 1600 pre
    Dual 704 TT
    Pioneer 707 R2R
    Pioneer DV-578A Multi-format
    Polk SDA-2 Mains
  • woodyjacobs
    woodyjacobs Posts: 706
    edited April 2005
    Options
    Somebody buy that Pioneer, its killing me. That's some nice looking gear dude.
    system 1:
    Athena: AS-F1 mains, AS-C1 center, AS-B1 surrounds, AS-P400 sub, Yammie RXV-730, Rotel RB-976 driving front stage, Samsung BD3600 Blue Ray, Denon DVD2900 for sacd/cd , jbl n24awII on the deck, samsung 40" 1080p lcd

system 2:
    XBox 360 Spherex 5.1 system, HK DVD38, Phillips CDC 926 CD changer, Phillips 32" LCD

2 channel
    NAD 1600 pre, NAD 2400 THX amp, Phillips CDC 926, Linn extra speaks, crappy TT
  • Spawndn72
    edited April 2005
    Options
    I will take the Pioneer. Is paypal ok?
    Setup:
    Adcom GFA-545 amp
    Nad 1600 pre
    Dual 704 TT
    Pioneer 707 R2R
    Polk SDA-2 Mains
  • smglbrth
    smglbrth Posts: 1,460
    edited April 2005
    Options
    I'll take the tape deck. I take it you want $40 total and that includes shipping? I'll send you a pm with my address.

Believe it or not this is mainly for the office. A spare place to play tapes from the library with my kids story books. Man, good thing I'm not putting this into my 2 channel rig, now THAT would make me cry.........
    Remember, when you're running from something, you're running to something...-me
  • halo
    halo Posts: 5,616
    edited April 2005
    Options
    I've got the exact same Kenwood AVR. Anybody who buys this is going to be surprised at how solidly built that thing is. Pre-outs for use as a pre-pro too.
    Audio: Polk S15 * Polk S35 * Polk S10 * SVS SB-1000 Pro
    HT: Samsung QN90B * Marantz NR1510 * Panasonic DMP-BDT220 * Roku Ultra LT * APC H10
  • jcaut
    edited April 2005
    Options
    Thanks peersool.

I agree. When I bought it, it was the "old" model: The newer ones had just come out and I was actually saving up for the new one that was the next step up the line. When I saw them both in person, the old 8070 seemed like a real bargain!

I have a guy here local who keeps saying he would like to have it, but I really don't know if he's serious or not.

smglbrth:

I'll reply to your PM shortly.

Thanks,
    Jason
  • Jockos
    Jockos Posts: 310
    edited April 2005
    Options
    Just wondering if you sold the Pioneer?
  • jcaut
    edited April 2005
    Options
    Here's the deal: It WAS sold and paid for. Before I boxed it up for shipping, I hooked it up for a final listen and I heard it do something that I hadn't noticed before. It seemed to want to drop the right channel for a few seconds after it was turned on. So.. I contacted the buyer and discussed it with him. We called off the deal and I refunded his money. I think RuSsMaN hooked him up with a nice Marantz instead.

At this point I'm still trying to decide what to do with it. The problem is definitely intermittent, which leads me to believe that it's a bad connection somewhere. I shot all the pots and switches with Deoxit, thought they didn't seem to need it. I'm thinking it might be the muting relay that disconnects the speakers for a few seconds after the power is turned on. This thing has been basically sitting for the last two years, so perhaps there's some corrosion on the contacts. Could be a cold solder joint, but I've looked and don't see any that look suspicious.

At this point I don't know what to do with it. I'm about 80% sure that it wasn't doing this the last time I had it hooked up for any length of time--- probably close to two years ago. After it warms up it sounds fine: I've had it here with me at work since the sale fell through, and I've been using it daily. It still does its trick sometimes when it's first powered on, but after it's been on for a few minutes it will play all day without a hitch. If I had time, and a service manual, I'd probably try to fix it. But then I'd want to keep it. I don't really need it though, and it would probably end up just sitting around again. I think these old Pioneers are cool, even though this is not one of the highly desirable ones. I was planning on sitting on it for a while and maybe tinkering with it when I have time.

I'd still sell it-- As long as the buyer knows about the above problem and is not scared of it. It's in really nice condition otherwise. A little piece of woodgrain vinyl over the top where it's scratched would make it look like a new one.

Thanks,
    Jason
  • hotwheelman
    hotwheelman Posts: 1,300
    edited April 2005
    Options
    Might know a party that would be interested......p.m. sent.
    "Its worked so far but we're not out yet."
    "Hey big man let me hold a dollar"
  • Spawndn72
    edited April 2005
    Options
    Being the guy that the sell fell throough with, I just wanted to say that Jason is one hell of a stand up guy. First of all he was going to give me a geat deal on the amp, then he typed out a very detailed email of what he found wrong, and he offered several solutions to our problem. I probably would have went through with the sale if this was not going to be used in the bedroom, where my wife will be using it. I just did not want to spend money on something and then it not work when she hit the on button. God, I can hear it now..... :)

Anyway just wanted everyone to know that Jason is one stand up guy. With the MINOR problem this thing has, he could have sent it to me and just said, was not doing it here....

Thanks,
    Todd
    Setup:
    Adcom GFA-545 amp
    Nad 1600 pre
    Dual 704 TT
    Pioneer 707 R2R
    Polk SDA-2 Mains