FS: B&W DM1400 Loudspeaker

dorokusai
dorokusai Posts: 25,577
edited March 2005 in Flea Market
Bowers & Wilkins DM1400 Loudspeakers 8/10 - *SOLD* - Oak

They are in better shape then 8/10, but to be entirely fair I rated them safely. Great speaker, but this collection is just getting larger everyday, so it's time to weed out some pieces.

http://www.bwspeakers.com/downloadFile/speakermodel/DONE_-DM1400_manual.pdf

These have an electronic time alignment by way of the crossover....which I can't say definitively whether it's better than the earlier DM1400, non-TA, as I have not heard them side by side. However, they sound great, and this is when B&W made really good, traditional speakers.

I also like the built in overload protection that is self resetting, much like the older Polk's.

No shipping, local pick up only.

Smooth silk dome response with solid bass. I have shot loaded the stands which really helped the bass response. The cabinets have been re-oiled, stands cleaned and loaded, binders treated with CAIG Pro-Gold. These are not bi-wireable. Grills are snag free and in excellent shape.

The factory stands are included, as is all the hardware for mounting them directly to the speakers. This assures a solid connection between both, and helps with coupling the speaker to the floor. They have a few superficial surface scratches, but other wise are also in excellent shape.

Includes: Factory stands(Loaded) and PDF Owners Manual.
CTC BBQ Amplifier, Sonic Frontiers Line3 Pre-Amplifier and Wadia 581 SACD player. Speakers? Always changing but for now, Mission Argonauts I picked up for $50 bucks, mint.
b&w.jpg 84.9K
Post edited by dorokusai on

Comments

• ohskigod
    ohskigod Posts: 6,502
    edited March 2005
    i'm interested. i like the little B&W's i got at george's, and am very intrigued by listening to a bigger set. I just dont know how interested you would be in meeting me halfway or something. if there is a readily available person wanting to pick these up at you rhouse, i couldnt get upset at you taking that oppurtunity. but if all else fails, maybe we can work something out, like halfway, at a later date when your remotly further north. i dont know. just so you know i'm interested. :cool:
    Living Room 2 Channel -
    Schiit SYS Passive Pre. Jolida CD player. Songbird streamer. California Audio Labs Sigma II DAC, DIY 300as1/a1 Ice modules Class D amp. LSi15 with MM842 woofer upgrade, Nordost Blue Heaven and Unity interconnects.

Upstairs 2 Channel Rig -
    Prometheus Ref. TVC passive pre, SAE A-205 Amp, Wiim pro streamer and Topping E50 DAC, California Audio Labs DX1 CD player, Von Schweikert VR3.5 speakers.

Studio Rig - Scarlett 18i20(Gen3) DAW, Mac Mini, Aiyma A07 Max (BridgedX2), Totem Mites
  • dorokusai
    edited March 2005
    No problem, email me dorokusai@comcast.net
    CTC BBQ Amplifier, Sonic Frontiers Line3 Pre-Amplifier and Wadia 581 SACD player. Speakers? Always changing but for now, Mission Argonauts I picked up for $50 bucks, mint.
  • TroyD
    TroyD Posts: 13,077
    edited March 2005
    IF oshkigod ends up not taking them, I will.

BDT
    I plan for the future. - F1Nut
  • dorokusai
    edited March 2005
    Troy - I have something that might interest you....some MINTY vintage Dahlquist DQM-9's......
  • dorokusai
    edited March 2005
    DQM9
    dqm9.jpg 128.1K
  • halo
    halo Posts: 5,616
    edited March 2005
    You are KILLING me with the NO SHIPPING thing Mark. But, I understand you POV on this subject. Sorry for the little rant.
    Audio: Polk S15 * Polk S35 * Polk S10 * SVS SB-1000 Pro
    HT: Samsung QN90B * Marantz NR1510 * Panasonic DMP-BDT220 * Roku Ultra LT * APC H10
  • steveinaz
    steveinaz Posts: 19,536
    edited March 2005
    Man, Doro's hi-fi shop. NICE speakers. This is 2-channel heaven lately in the 'ol Flea Market.
    Source: Bluesound Node 2i - Preamp/DAC: Benchmark DAC2 DX - Amp: Parasound Halo A21 - Speakers: MartinLogan Motion 60XTi - Shop Rig: Yamaha A-S501 Integrated - Shop Spkrs: Elac Debut 2.0 B5.2
  • TroyD
    TroyD Posts: 13,077
    edited March 2005
    Roger that Mark...I'll see you in about a month.

BDT
    I plan for the future. - F1Nut
  • dorokusai
    edited March 2005
    Peersool - Yea sorry man, I wish that my opinion was different on shipping speakers.

Thank you Steve, and I was just busting your ball's on the DAC/CDP thing. It looks like a real cool piece of gear.

Troy - Cool man, now I don't have to post them for sale :)